Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So y'all ready to never see a regional at the Dude again?

vCash

So y'all ready to never see a regional at the Dude again?

Among other things. The flag needs to go, 20 years ago. This better not get locked because it is absolutely sports related, MSU sports related. Given what the SEC said today the NCAA will absolutely follow. It's that simple, as long as that is our state flag, there will never be another baseball regional or Super at Dudy Noble Field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Among other things. The flag needs to go, 20 years ago. This better not get locked because it is absolutely sports related, MSU sports related. Given what the SEC said today the NCAA will absolutely follow. It's that simple, as long as that is our state flag, there will never be another baseball regional or Super at Dudy Noble Field.
    There's been many regionals at Dudy Noble through the years WITH the current flag. What would be different?

For the record, I want the flag changed, and be done with this debate.

vCash
    Night time super regionals are overrated anyways....it's much more satisfying being obviously stubborn with every breath while thumbing our noses to authority. But hey, we're showing that this is an effective strategy (160+ years in the making); it's not just for petulant children!***

vCash
    The flag is coming down soon but in typical Mississippi fashion we'll still look like dumbass hicks before it gets done. If we voted today I believe it would be voted out but our chickenshit "leaders" will drag their feet and make it look like we were forced to do it against our will.
    This is just a start in regards to sports. No SEC championships won't hurt us and Ole Miss a lot but don't think the NCAA won't be far behind in banning any kind of postseason including baseball regionals. If the state digs in its heels it could lead to no SEC games in the state.
    That's just sports related. Corporations are going to start doing less business with the state.
    It's not 2001. It's not going away this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The flag is coming down soon but in typical Mississippi fashion we'll still look like dumbass hicks before it gets done. If we voted today I believe it would be voted out but our chickenshit "leaders" will drag their feet and make it look like we were forced to do it against our will.
    This is just a start in regards to sports. No SEC championships won't hurt us and Ole Miss a lot but don't think the NCAA won't be far behind in banning any kind of postseason including baseball regionals. If the state digs in its heels it could lead to no SEC games in the state.
    That's just sports related. Corporations are going to start doing less business with the state.
    It's not 2001. It's not going away this time.
    This^ Also, the people crying "lEt tHu pEopLe DecIde!" willfully forget that in 1894 the legislature "decided" to adopt the current flag, as an obvious antagonistic middle finger to those tyrants up north (how brave of them, lol)....sure did show 'em.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    There's been many regionals at Dudy Noble through the years WITH the current flag. What would be different?

Former athletes and others are starting to call for no post season games of any kind in the state until the flag is gone. So far we've been allowed regionals and supers because they were "earned".

vCash
    It passed by 64% before so don't be so damn stupid to think it wouldn't pass to stay again. Damn some of yall are some sure enough dumbasses.

It won't go to a vote this time because it would remain yet again. I can make arguments on both sides but changing a flag isn't going to change anything I'm afraid. I do like the designs of some of the alternatives I've seen tho.
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 06-18-2020 at 10:01 PM.

vCash
    I'm a conservative but the lack of leadership and initiative to make things happen is oddly slow and painful in Mississippi.

I'm always struck by the lack of ambition to make things happen. Why does Mississippi always have the follow? Why can't we ever take the initiative and be first?

Building the new Dudy Noble may be the first time in my life the Mississippians chose to be first in something

Think about it and name another.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

Unreal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    It passed by 64% before so don't be so damn stupid to think it wouldn't pass to stay again. Damn some of yall are some sure enough dumbasses.

It won't go to a vote this time because it would remain yet again. I can make arguments on both sides but changing a flag isn't going to change anything I'm afraid. I do like the designs of some of the alternatives I've seen tho.
    I hope it's changed without a vote but I'm curious what the vote would be. Every registered voter in Mississippi under the age of 35 couldn't vote in 2001. I think the flag would narrowly be voted out. Then our poor ass state would probably spend hundreds of millions of dollars challenging the results in court.

vCash
    For those that like to cite history as a reason to keep this flag, don't look at the history behind it. It was absolutely adopted BY THE LEGISLATURE to symbolize that reconstruction was over and the old guard was back in control. That is NOT debatable. They made no bones about it. It needs to go. I want to go to another regional at the Dude in my lifetime. If that flag remains, I never will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I hope it's changed without a vote but I'm curious what the vote would be. Every registered voter in Mississippi under the age of 35 couldn't vote in 2001. I think the flag would narrowly be voted out. Then our poor ass state would probably spend hundreds of millions of dollars challenging the results in court.
    I suspect it would be retained by a roughly similar margin. For the record, obviously, I voted to do away with it the last time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Bwahahha...the whore NCAA would never not host SR at the Dude.

vCash
    The flag is going to be changed....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Bwahahha...the whore NCAA would never not host SR at the Dude.
    Wouldn't be so sure of that. If our legislators drag their feet and draw this out, I could see them amending the rules to where we can't host regionals.

That said, the flag's going to end up getting changed as it should

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure of that. If our legislators drag their feet and draw this out, I could see them amending the rules to where we can't host regionals.

That said, the flag's going to end up getting changed as it should
    This is correct on all counts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This is correct on all counts
    Bullshit on all accounts. NCAA will NEVER deny 13,000 tickets sold. I don't care who you are. State is a rare money maker in baseball.

vCash
    Bullshit on all accounts. NCAA will NEVER deny 13,000 tickets sold. I don't care who you are. State is a rare money maker in baseball.
    You have lost your mind. They are going to follow the league and say don't change the flag and don't host. Sit back and watch. They let the best teams host now. Bids have nothing to do with it anymore anyway. And if they did it wouldn't matter. You sir are wrong

vCash
    You are nuts.

vCash
    13,000 tickets is chump change to an organization that clears a billion dollars a year. They'll cut us off in a heartbeat if the SEC shuts us down.

They left us alone because we had the SEC in our corner. We don't enjoy that privilege any more.