Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is an excellant video of what we wi see with MikevLeach football...this 2018

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Oregon's first possession: Bad snap, bad snap AND a false start, 5 yard run, delay of game, short pass, punt.

I can see why they hired Moorhead, his O will fit right in
    I chuckled

vCash
    A few observations/thoughts:
    1. The 10 yard out route is money.
    2. There?s space all over the field.
    3. Get used to short passes rather than runs on early downs.
    4. A 2 back set with Kylin and Marks has me wooly. Our backs are gonna get the ball and have a chance to be deadly on those short passes and checkdowns .
    5. Obvious, but this offense is so dependent on how the QB can process the defense and make reads. When it?s clicking, it is beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPdog View Post
    4. A 2 back set with Kylin and Marks has me wooly. Our backs are gonna get the ball and have a chance to be deadly on those short passes and checkdowns .
    5. Obvious, but this offense is so dependent on how the QB can process the defense and make reads. When it?s clicking, it is beautiful.
    Add in 6., the ball gets out QUICK quicker than almost any Dan or Joe pass play.

And on 5., the QB in this system is a distributor. He needs to be able to read the field to find who's open and have consistent decent accuracy to get the ball there, BUT overall he's not asked to be a Jonny Football/Cam/Joe Burrow hero that can do everything and drop dimes against perfect coverage after avoiding pressure. He's not expected to make complicated pass pro adjustments since the blocking scheme is so simple, he's not expected to avoid pressure well since the ball gets out so fast, and he's not expected to run. He's expected to figure out which guy is in space and sling it that way.

You definitely need a calm, cerebral, good passer QB, but it really should be easier to consistently find than what most SEC O's are looking for, namely a dynamic "excels at everything" guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Add in 6., the ball gets out QUICK quicker than almost any Dan or Joe pass play.

And on 5., the QB in this system is a distributor. He needs to be able to read the field to find who's open and have consistent decent accuracy to get the ball there, BUT overall he's not asked to be a Jonny Football/Cam/Joe Burrow hero that can do everything and drop dimes against perfect coverage after avoiding pressure. He's not expected to make complicated pass pro adjustments since the blocking scheme is so simple, he's not expected to avoid pressure well since the ball gets out so fast, and he's not expected to run. He's expected to figure out which guy is in space and sling it that way.

You definitely need a calm, cerebral, good passer QB, but it really should be easier to consistently find than what most SEC O's are looking for, namely a dynamic "excels at everything" guy
    Excellent post. It seems to me like most of Leach's plays have guys on the outside that runs routes typically like a go or a post where it's basically a deep shot one on one beat your guy but then a lot of times the inside guys are running some kind of crossing route or an option route that is high percentage if the outside guys don't win their one on ones. And then he has the screen game which is an extension of the run game in this offense. I'm guessing most of the time the QB reads the outside first and if there isn't an obviously open guy the second read is the underneath guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPdog View Post

exactly...all depends on KJ. We are all hyped on him being the real deal, but can he get the system down and the receivers sync up. Maybe I'm still on the fence because of last years QB adventures but... damn i want to believe and be wooly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He's not going to run the ball more
    Yeah he will if he gets a 4-1 or 3-2 box. The QB has more control of what is ran than Leach does. The play is going to be checked a lot
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 06-19-2020 at 10:06 AM.