Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is an excellant video of what we wi see with MikevLeach football...this 2018

vCash

This is an excellant video of what we will see with Mike Leach football...this 2018

game with Oregon with Minshew at QB. this is a full game in 45 Minutes. if you haven't watched it yet I encourage you to do so.

1) the QB we have will make or break this season.
    2) Kylin Hill will have a monster year.
    3) We will run the ball more than we expect.
    4) Yards after catch is really important in this scheme.
    5) play calling more diverse than expected
    6) We will blitz a lot on defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkkZkDdUA9A
    Last edited by 99jc; 06-18-2020 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    game with Oregon with Minshew at QB. this is a full game in 60 Minutes. if you haven't watched it yet I encourage you to do so.

1) the QB we have will make or break this season.
    2) Kylin Hill will have a monster year.
    3) We will run the ball more than we expect.
    4) Yards after catch is really important in this scheme.
    5) play calling more diverse than expected
    6) We will blitz a lot on defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkkZkDdUA9A
    Regarding #3, I guess that's relative to what people "expect". In that game they ran it 20 times total and threw it 51 times. I think passing it 65-75% of the time is a reasonable expectation and I would be surprised if anyone reading this forum is really expecting something outside of that range.

vCash
    Kylin Hill with an average run game will add another dimension to Leach's offense no one has ever seen. Hill will arguably be the best back Leach has had in his system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Kylin Hill with an average run game will add another dimension to Leach's offense no one has ever seen. Hill will arguably be the best back Leach has had in his system.
    This is why I believe we will run the ball more than he did that game. Kylin should get 20 + touches a game regardless!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    This is why I believe we will run the ball more than he did that game. Kylin should get 20 + touches a game regardless!
    Maybe total touches, but I would bet he doesn't get 20 handoffs a single game.
    Downvotes_Hype

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Yea Kylin May get 20 touches but it's gonna be 12-14 carries & 6-8 receptions.

vCash
    1. Everyone thinking he's going to run it more need to realize that's not who he is. He's been successful with his offense for 20 years & is going to run his offense exactly the same as he always have. Be surprised if he runs it more, don't expect it. Seems absurd to get upset when he doesn't run it much when the guy has been running the exact same offense for 20 years. That's on you, not Mike Leach if that's your expectation. I can already see signs of people talking themselves into Leach running the ball more without a single bit of evidence. Don't go down this road. It will only make this board miserable.

2. I like how Costello is tall in this offense. With all these little short crossing routes, I like that Costello's height will allow him to throw the ball downhill. That should prevent some INTs due to our stone hand WR crew tipping balls.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yea Kylin May get 20 touches but it's gonna be 12-14 carries & 6-8 receptions.
    No doubt. Running the ball more will only happen if opposing defenses continually give us a light box and we either can't make them pay or they just stay in it regardless of us gashing them. Both of those scenarios seem unlikely. Leach isn't going to force the running game if the numbers don't dictate it, no matter how good our running backs are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    No doubt. Running the ball more will only happen if opposing defenses continually give us a light box and we either can't make them pay or they just stay in it regardless of us gashing them. Both of those scenarios seem unlikely. Leach isn't going to force the running game if the numbers don't dictate it, no matter how good our running backs are.
    He's not going to run the ball more
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    It doesn't matter what the defense does he's going to pass.

vCash
    If Mike Leach runs the ball more than he has in his entire career this season I want a gold damn star next to my name.

And if he doesn't a mod can change my avatar to a horse's ass and all my rep green to red.

vCash
    That's definitely something that's going to be an adjustment for me in regards to the run game. We will have at least 1 situation this season with 1st and goal at the 1 and we're going to call a pass play instead of sticking it in Kylin's belly.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Agree to an extent and I already said in this thread it's going to be pass 65-75% of the time. But my comment was about running it "more". By that I mean if we get a 4 man box over and over again we will run it "more" and maybe "only" pass it 50 times instead of 60. With that said no one is giving us a 4 man box with Kylin in the backfield and unproven WR's so it's a non-issue.... which again, was my point.

vCash
    Agree to an extent and I already said in this thread it's going to be pass 65-75% of the time. But my comment was about running it "more". By that I mean if we get a 4 man box over and over again we will run it "more" and maybe "only" pass it 50 times instead of 60. With that said no one is giving us a 4 man box with Kylin in the backfield and unproven WR's so it's a non-issue.... which again, was my point.
    All Leach has to do is run the ball 5 more times a game than he would usually do. Those 5 "extra" touches by Kylin could prove to be difference makers. But, just running Kylin in a normal Leach offense is going to have its advantages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    All Leach has to do is run the ball 5 more times a game than he would usually do. Those 5 "extra" touches by Kylin could prove to be difference makers. But, just running Kylin in a normal Leach offense is going to have its advantages.
    that's all I am saying also no one here says we are going to run the ball 30 times a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    That's definitely something that's going to be an adjustment for me in regards to the run game. We will have at least 1 situation this season with 1st and goal at the 1 and we're going to call a pass play instead of sticking it in Kylin's belly.
    one??? gonna be way more than one unless w only get to that situation once

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    one??? gonna be way more than one unless w only get to that situation once
    No doubt
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    that's all I am saying also no one here says we are going to run the ball 30 times a game.
    Exactly. When a few other posters and I think that Leach runs the ball more with KH we mean 5 extra touches tops.

vCash
    Oregon's first possession: Bad snap, bad snap AND a false start, 5 yard run, delay of game, short pass, punt.

I can see why they hired Moorhead, his O will fit right in

vCash
    Did you watch the same game I did? He ran the ball almost everytime the box numbers made sense. Including several times on 1st and 10.

Besides, a pass to the RB is pretty much a run anyway as it forces D's to defend near the line even once they see it's a pass.

It's semantics really, as long as Hill gets the ball in space or with competent blockers in front he's going to do damage. And leach RBs get touches. I"m not worried about it, moreso if the OL can adjust and if the WR's and Costello can get on the same page