Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta has little to no police presence now

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Also, to keep it simple, there needs to be a public record of each police officer that shows all reports filed against that officer that the public can see and review. Especially when the city is looking to hire a new officer transferring in. New officers should have to get approval by the local elected board through a public hearing, which they pretty much do now I believe. Only difference is, the public could review their work record and comment.

It is well beyond time for that type of transparency and it would greatly reduce the bad apple argument.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    It's like you ignored the whole video. Do you not think people lie about their treatment by police? Not all, obviously, but a lot do. One day you'll join reality and quit living in fairytale land
    The truth does not matter to that guy! He repeatedly ignores it and make up his own false narrative!!

Banned
    vCash
    You seem to be missing the part where the protesting is wanting more accountability for policing to keep them from abuse because clearly they can't keep themselves form abusing power. Referring to the judicial system as the problem shows the ME ME ME complex aka why are people mad at ME. News flash they are mad at the system as a whole. Both are included.

Cops don't defend bad apples yet they just protested this man's charges. So many protested the charges against the one in Buffalo. Good cops had their chance. They blew it. They showed that it's just gang mentality.

Look at what happened to the last good cop in Chris Dorner. People are protesting the system that betrayed him. He did what he was supposed to and was tossed aside for not submitting to gang mentality.

vCash
    Something that's been overlooked in all of this:

These protesters, looters, criminals, thugs, savages, etc are actually SAFER with an effective Police Force (even if 10% are "bad apples")....

Because, when these cops quit, and the general populous starts to "police" it's own, it's going to be a GD Killing Field....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    The truth does not matter to that guy! He repeatedly ignores it and make up his own false narrative!!

Knock it off Dan - Scooba
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 06-18-2020 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Got ya. I haven't seen the video.
    Every cop in America is trained to shoot in that situation. And I wasn?t aiming my post at you in no way. Just adding info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

These protesters, looters, criminals, thugs, savages, etc are actually SAFER with an effective Police Force (even if 10% are "bad apples")....

Because, when these cops quit, and the general populous starts to "police" it's own, it's going to be a GD Killing Field....
    Without police presence there will be many dead rioters. Either by citizens or military.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    what is simple is that there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for destruction of property
    Yeah, no shit. Looters are not protestors. Protestors sharpen our democracy, looters are criminals. If we all participated, as we should, defending the right to equality for our fellow citizens in the law, maybe strength in numbers would stop looters from doing their bullshit.

I am not saying it is the responsibility for peaceful protestors to stop bullshit looters, nor are they responsible for it. At some point it is all our faults for allowing it to happen. It is our fault because a lot of us are looking for bullshit #whataboutism situations that verify some slanted view when this kind of attacks on citizens is justifiable. We all know Floyd should not be dead. We all know what happened in front of the whitehouse was total bullshit on bible photo day. We all know that tons of situations call for police use of force and some do not. We all know the answer is to get it to stop. So why have these threads justifying bullshit. Just put on your damn sneakers and go stand with your fellow citizens. Stop the racist bullshit. Try to change the system, and then when we do, fight for constant revisions to be made to the changes. We need to constantly evolve on how we continue to march towards a more perfect union.

For instance, war on drugs and mandatory minimum sentences was a reasonable reaction to the state of affairs when folks were getting killed in broad daylight for 40 bucks to buy crack. The biggest flaw in the system was that we set that process and then left it. We didn't adjust for the injustice we were seeing. Crime went down, but a bunch of citizens over paid their price.

So stand with the Floyd protestors. It is our duty as Americans. Denounce all looting and anarchy. Both can and shall be achieved. It is our duty.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You seem to be missing the part where the protesting is wanting more accountability for policing to keep them from abuse because clearly they can't keep themselves form abusing power. Referring to the judicial system as the problem shows the ME ME ME complex aka why are people mad at ME. News flash they are mad at the system as a whole. Both are included.

Cops don't defend bad apples yet they just protested this man's charges. So many protested the charges against the one in Buffalo. Good cops had their chance. They blew it. They showed that it's just gang mentality.

Look at what happened to the last good cop in Chris Dorner. People are protesting the system that betrayed him. He did what he was supposed to and was tossed aside for not submitting to gang mentality.
    Awesome. Three, subjectively reviewed examples. You just proved my point. Anecdotal evidence.

Let's look at your examples:

Brooks: Fought officers. Stole Taser from officers. Shot taser at officer. Mayor fires officer citing the subject didn't have deadly weapon after previously firing two officers for tasing two college students because the taser is a deadly weapon. The DA charges the officer IN MIDDLE of an investigation by an outside agency that he is only tangentially involved in. The APD isn't just defending this officer they are making a very clear statement that they won't be the sacrificial lamb for bullshit politics any longer.

Chris Dorner: I would recommend you read up on Dorner and not just depend on the Chappelle monologue to guide your thought process on this one. Chappelle makes some very good observations in his special but he also represents one of the main issues I have with this "protest"...he doesn't have all the info. He presents one side and sensationalizes it. I LOVE Chappelle but he's not 100% correct on this one. Dorner was a basket case. If he remained an officer he would have killed someone as an officer. As it is he killed 4 people as part of "assymetrical warfare". All law enforcement including family members of officers he had "beef" with. In this instance, law enforcement (and their families) shielded the general population from this lunatic and they are being called the bad guy because of it.

Buffalo: Be more specific and I will follow up.

Again...you can say bringing attention to the court system is a strawman (it's the lefts favorite argument for anything) if you want but it's THE problem. I see no protestors calling to defund or reform the courts or court system. Just police. You say they are protesting the whole system but all I see are people screaming at police. Again...you are blinded and being led by the nose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Also, to keep it simple, there needs to be a public record of each police officer that shows all reports filed against that officer that the public can see and review. Especially when the city is looking to hire a new officer transferring in. New officers should have to get approval by the local elected board through a public hearing, which they pretty much do now I believe. Only difference is, the public could review their work record and comment.

It is well beyond time for that type of transparency and it would greatly reduce the bad apple argument.
    I agree. We should do this for all fire personnel, doctors, EMT's, teachers...really everyone. All personal records should be available for anyone to review.

vCash
    And when or if you do happen to follow all these steps, and still get killed, every citizen in the nation should protest until answers are given. We all should stay united. Its a simple system.
    Agreed. And 99.999% of all law enforcement will agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You're the one who pm'd about how you wish the world was like biblical times when slaves had to submit to their masters. How about just ****ing right off this Earth please and thank you.
    I'm not a mod, but a post like this should get the 12 yr old banned. Time to get off mommies computer.

vCash
    Yeah, no shit. Looters are not protestors. Protestors sharpen our democracy, looters are criminals. If we all participated, as we should, defending the right to equality for our fellow citizens in the law, maybe strength in numbers would stop looters from doing their bullshit.

I am not saying it is the responsibility for peaceful protestors to stop bullshit looters, nor are they responsible for it. At some point it is all our faults for allowing it to happen. It is our fault because a lot of us are looking for bullshit #whataboutism situations that verify some slanted view when this kind of attacks on citizens is justifiable. We all know Floyd should not be dead. We all know what happened in front of the whitehouse was total bullshit on bible photo day. We all know that tons of situations call for police use of force and some do not. We all know the answer is to get it to stop. So why have these threads justifying bullshit. Just put on your damn sneakers and go stand with your fellow citizens. Stop the racist bullshit. Try to change the system, and then when we do, fight for constant revisions to be made to the changes. We need to constantly evolve on how we continue to march towards a more perfect union.

For instance, war on drugs and mandatory minimum sentences was a reasonable reaction to the state of affairs when folks were getting killed in broad daylight for 40 bucks to buy crack. The biggest flaw in the system was that we set that process and then left it. We didn't adjust for the injustice we were seeing. Crime went down, but a bunch of citizens over paid their price.

So stand with the Floyd protestors. It is our duty as Americans. Denounce all looting and anarchy. Both can and shall be achieved. It is our duty.
    Well stated. I bolded one part. The majority of complaints across the nation could be addressed by changing some laws and changing our court systems. People talk about qualified immunity but judges and attorneys have that x100. They can say just about ANYTHING in court. They can sentence someone to WHATEVER they want to. Law enforcement needs to evolve as well but law enforcement is obligated to uphold the law of the jurisdiction they serve and the USA as a whole. The laws have to be changed to address an evolved society. It would certainly make policing easier as a whole.

vCash

This is 100% correct. More black men will die than ever before. From other black men.

vCash
    This DA has already told multiple lies. The other officer is not going to turn and testify against the shooting officer.
    This guy is going to get acquitted and they know that. They are looking for political pull and they want the mass historian that will ensue. I guarantee this will be an absolutely rushed due process with a decision before November.

vCash

Yup. In the short term, the police protect the law abiding. In the medium and long term, they provide much more protection to criminals.

And to the extent police engage in systematic discrimination against minorities, I'm not sure the general population isn't going to be a good bit worse.

vCash

It is not about race, it is about the destruction of America. The media and the left wing are trying to make it a race issue and IT IS NOT! Did you know in 2019, according to national news, that 28 people were killed at the hands of police and of those 28, 9 were black people and 19 were white people? Percentage wise, 2X (200%) as many white people died at the hands of police than blacks. Where is the outrage for the white deaths? The left's narrative that blacks are being targeted is total bullshit, the numbers speak for themselves. ALL LIVES MATTER dammit! We are all HUMAN BEINGS regardless of skin color!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yup. In the short term, the police protect the law abiding. In the medium and long term, they provide much more protection to criminals.

And to the extent police engage in systematic discrimination against minorities, I'm not sure the general population isn't going to be a good bit worse.
    Exactly. No police = no 4th and 5th amendment right. No policy restricting violence. No use of force continuum. It will be back to vigilante gangs in communties rounding up people they think did wrong.

That worked out SO WELL before.....***********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm not a mod, but a post like this should get the 12 yr old banned. Time to get off mommies computer.
    His childish and totally ignorant and incessant BS is why I put him on the IGNORE list. It is a great ED feature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You have literally NO reading comprehension. Castille is an example of WHAT IS WRONG!!!! It was a bad shoot. He was in the wrong. He should have been tried and charged. Not acquitted. But that is largely on the JUDICIAL SYSTEM. The police cannot acquit. That is up to a judge and jury. Not law enforcement...good grief.

Cops DO NOT defend bad apples. I have PERSONALLY put bad cops in JAIL and had even more suspended or fired. I have collegues that have done the same. It's just that the media never covers that aspect of it. A lot of that they CAN'T cover because it is covered by privacy laws that are a constitutional right of every citizen in the US. Maybe we should just start announcing "hey media and citizens! We are investigating some information on Officer Joe and Officer Bob regarding some intel we got about them being dirty! We will be surveilling them on this date and this time and also seizing their phones to further our investigation on this date! Jsut wanted everyone to know!!" YES...there are BAD law enforcement officers that get into the ranks or get involved with bad stuff once they get on the force. Most agencies actively work to identify those and get rid of them. A complaint does not equal a bad officer. It's just a complaint. Most are based on a citizens hurt feelings. Most brutalization complaints are filed as part of civil suits by subjects who FOUGHT the police as they were being arrested. It's a money grab. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's actual ****ing reality. Case in point: If Brooks had not been shot (but had fought the police and subsequently been tased during the chase) he would have probably filed a brualization complaint to found a civil suit against the department to try to grab some cash. I've literally seen this happen dozens upon dozens of time.

Your misinformed assumption is that every complaint against every officer is real. That's just not the truth. Your assumption is that we don't really investigate it. Or that we cover everything up. These are all assumptions. You are literally not involved at any level with any of those investigations.

As I said earlier. Anyone can complain about anything on an officer. Some of them are real. Some of them are misunderstandings. Some of them are complete fabrications. 10% doesnt' mean shit because based on investigation by local , state, and federal entities under 5% of that 10% total are actually justifiable complaints. So under 4,000 justifiable complaints and most of those actually center around policy violations and breach of 4th or 5th amendment rights. As I've stated before...there needs to be reform and training. No one is arguing that. Literally....no one.

Your final line reveals what your compulsion is, though. You have unmasked your true intent. This is the same intent that is held by a vast number of protesters and rioters. In your own words "Sorry you can't handle the people treating you like people of color are treated". So, you perceive that all officers treat all people of color a certain way. So the answer is to retaliate based on an overblown, perceived slight. Well...that's a good way to change things for the better.... Again, you don't have actual stats to back that up just some anecdotal bullshit scenarios from which you make broad generalities. The fact is that most of the stats don't support your argument. This is why most libs don't want to address stats except for a few that they cherry-pick.

Chris Rock doesn't define anything about law enforcement. 100% perfection is not achievable by any human. Do you trust flying? Planes crash all the time. Do you trust doctors? Doctors kill patients and misdiagnose all the time. Where are the riots? The protests?

There aren't any. Why the police then? Because people don't like to get in trouble. They don't like tickets. They don't like fines.

I'm done. At this point, I (and most of us now) really hope you all get what you are asking for.

Incidentally, actual scientific research disproves all the bullshit:

https://ccj.asu.edu/content/expert-i...-racism-effect

Sorry that doesn't support your anecdotally based bullshit but when have stats and facts ever done anything for someone with their head up their own ass.
    I mean, you've literally owned this chump as bad as someone can be owned. You've reduced him to nothing.