Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta has little to no police presence now

Banned
    vCash
    You know that they haven't released the video that the DA is referencing correct? The start of this video is a split second after the kick.

Collecting themselves? These men signed up to ****ing protect and serve in the line of duty. You have someone dying right in front of you and you need to be on the clock COLLECTING YOURSELF??? Holy ducking shit. Imagine a doctor getting an emergency patient and taking two minutes to collect themselves while standing over their body as they die. **** outta here.

If you put on that badge and pull out that gun, you better not need time to ****ing collect yourself. What the **** are they training at this point.

Honestly I don't really get anyone who supports that. All that's being asked is to not use excessive escalating force. Stop killing people. And the police respond to those protests by upping the use of force and killing more people. That cop is not the judge. That cop is not the jury of his peers. So why the hell is mr. executioner given free reign over what you can do in that situation?

It's like you people just want to spit in the face of the constitution and the only reason I can find is hate. I really don't see any other reason. You want to just forego the 5th, the 8th, and the 14th amendments and think it's totally justified because a man with his back turned is shooting a taser that only works close range and was apparently out of charge (or at most had 1 left.) The man was 0 threat to lives any more. He could have been apprehended later easily and given his due process. Instead Judge Dredd decided to be JJ&E and took his life. Plain and simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You know that they haven't released the video that the DA is referencing correct? The start of this video is a split second after the kick.

Collecting themselves? These men signed up to ****ing protect and serve in the line of duty. You have someone dying right in front of you and you need to be on the clock COLLECTING YOURSELF??? Holy ducking shit. Imagine a doctor getting an emergency patient and taking two minutes to collect themselves while standing over their body as they die. **** outta here.

If you put on that badge and pull out that gun, you better not need time to ****ing collect yourself. What the **** are they training at this point.

Honestly I don't really get anyone who supports that. All that's being asked is to not use excessive escalating force. Stop killing people. And the police respond to those protests by upping the use of force and killing more people. That cop is not the judge. That cop is not the jury of his peers. So why the hell is mr. executioner given free reign over what you can do in that situation?

It's like you people just want to spit in the face of the constitution and the only reason I can find is hate. I really don't see any other reason. You want to just forego the 5th, the 8th, and the 14th amendments and think it's totally justified because a man with his back turned is shooting a taser that only works close range and was apparently out of charge (or at most had 1 left.) The man was 0 threat to lives any more. He could have been apprehended later easily and given his due process. Instead Judge Dredd decided to be JJ&E and took his life. Plain and simple.
    Spend a day dealing with what they deal with in this environment and get back to me. The George Floyd death was completely uncalled for. They get what they deserve. But when it comes down to split second decisions in an Adrenalin fueled event then I'm giving the cop every benefit of the doubt. It's easy as hell to Monday morning quarterback these things in front of the tv in your den. Much different in the heat of the moment when you're fighting for your life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Well, there also was no kicking in the video as the DA has claimed. Also, the GBI is still conducting and investigation, and said they were surprised the DA laid charges already and the DA had not consulted with the GBI on their information so far in the investigation. To me in the video it looks like the cops are collecting themselves for just a moment to follow procedure on what to do next. They did just have to wrestle with the guy, chase him, and get shot at by a deadly weapon.
    The victim resisted arrest because he is out on parole for Felony Cruelty to his own children. He knew he would go back to jail.

Are you and T Bag working with the GBI and already given them the results of your final conclusion on your investigation? ***
    ATL govt is not to be trusted or believed most of the time and now the city council isn't supporting them like they should ... The night shift had an exorbitant amount of sick call-ins last night as it looks like the PD is trying to push back .... they authorize the carrying of firearms for cops and then don't support them when they have to use them .... they will only be able to recruit a lesser qualified candidate as the better folks simply won't work for that kind of pay under those circumstances ... the city govt is actually making things worse down the road with this action IMO ...... I guess next they will take away the guns and issue them a switch ... from my seat it appears the bad guys are winning
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Spend a day dealing with what they deal with in this environment and get back to me.

Spend a day in Philando Castille's shoes. An upstanding citizen who did everything right, alerted the cop to the presence of a firearm and where it was. It only took 40 something times being pulled over for him to get a tad too comfortable and forget he was black for a second as he reached for his wallet.

His murderer was acquitted.

These cops are specifically trained to deal with these situations and you give them more leeway than the citizens that have no training and the cops are meant to protect and serve. Giving the cop the benefit of the doubt every time? Yea, **** no. This is the job they signed up for. If you can't assess properly what is and isn't a threat to your life, then you are bad at your job and should not be carrying around a lethal weapon. With great power comes great responsibility. These people wanna be seen as heroes then there you go. Be the hero.

vCash

Police aren't doctors.

Federal law nor the constitution requires an officer to render medical care personally. I wish the officer would, but he is not required to as long as he seeks medical care for the victim (call for ambulance).

If the officer committed murder, he will be convicted. I would need to know the whole story before judging. If it is true that the victim pointed a taser at an officer while going away from the officer like the atl newspaper said, then the shooting was lawful. Cops are always allowed to go up another force level than that of the other person.

vCash

The DA does not have any video of the kick, or it would be released. He actually said "a witness" claims they kicked.
    Two weeks ago the same DA said using a Taser in Georgia is a deadly weapon.
    So the case will be closed or not convicted because the police in that state were being attached by a deadly weapon.

I would love to see how you handle and defend yourself as a cop if a guy did all that to you and then aimed the taser at your head, while you are running at him and you are not sure what he has.
    Your mind is made up. You heard what you wanted to hear, and not very impartial.

The DA has come out before GBI has completed their investigation and the DA never consulted with them.
    The cops followed procedure being fired upon by the guy.....so just a suggestion, do not grab anything off the cop and try to fire it at them and you should make it just fine.
    Another suggestion - don't beat your kids and go to jail, and while on parole fight with cops while aiming a weapon at them.
    Last edited by Santiago; 06-18-2020 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Police aren't doctors.

Federal law nor the constitution requires an officer to render medical care personally. I wish the officer would, but he is not required to as long as he seeks medical care for the victim (call for ambulance).

If the officer committed murder, he will be convicted. I would need to know the whole story before judging. If it is true that the victim pointed a taser at an officer while going away from the officer like the atl newspaper said, then the shooting was lawful. Cops are always allowed to go up another force level than that of the other person.
    The video clearly shows the criminal point the taser that he took from the officer at said officer while running away. I guess the officers were supposed to let the criminal tase one officer, render him defenseless and then grab his gun and shoot him. Then the 2nd officer would be able to shoot and kill the dude. I guess that’s how it’s supposed to go down now.

I don’t see how any intelligent human would sign up to be a police officer these days. The quality of the officers on police forces is about to drop dramatically. That’s going to increase these deadly confrontations. JMO

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Good for the Atlanta PD. It's time for some people to get their wish and find out just how ignorant they truly are.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-18-2020 at 08:23 AM.

vCash
    Spend a day in Philando Castille's shoes. An upstanding citizen who did everything right, alerted the cop to the presence of a firearm and where it was. It only took 40 something times being pulled over for him to get a tad too comfortable and forget he was black for a second as he reached for his wallet.

These cops are specifically trained to deal with these situations and you give them more leeway than the citizens that have no training and the cops are meant to protect and serve. Giving the cop the benefit of the doubt every time? Yea, **** no. This is the job they signed up for. If you can't assess properly what is and isn't a threat to your life, then you are bad at your job and should not be carrying around a lethal weapon. With great power comes great responsibility. These people wanna be seen as heroes then there you go. Be the hero.
    Compare the instances of that based on the number where everything is done right and give me the percentage. Now compare that percentage to any other job in the world. And don't give me they signed up for it BS. Signing up to want to make the community a better place is not cart Blanche to be taken advantage of, assaulted, spit on, every move micro managed by those that hate me and want me to fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The video clearly shows the criminal point the taser that he took from the officer at said officer while running away. I guess the officers were supposed to let the criminal tase one officer, render him defenseless and then grab his gun and shoot him. Then the 2nd officer would be able to shoot and kill the dude. I guess that’s how it’s supposed to go down now.

I don’t see how any intelligent human would sign up to be a police officer these days. The quality of the officers on police forces is about to drop dramatically. That’s going to increase these deadly confrontations. JMO
    Got ya. I haven't seen the video.

vCash
    These cops are specifically trained to deal with these situations and you give them more leeway than the citizens that have no training and the cops are meant to protect and serve..
    Citizens need to be trained not to attack a police officer? Not to take an officer's weapon? Not to fire the weapon at the officer?

I've said this before and I'll say it again (May have been on the other site). If you attack a cop, try to take a cop's weapon, or threaten the life of a cop with a weapon. YOU WILL GET SHOT.

For those of you who aren't trained in how to not attack a cop, make sure you understand the above statement.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 06-18-2020 at 12:55 PM.

vCash

I?m not here to belittle your point above. But I want your honest opinion. I?d like for you to watch this video from the 1:00 to 2:45 mark. Does that change your opinion at all? I know you?re most likely going to come back with the minor differences in the ATL video and this one and say how they are completely different, but would like you to attempt to understand what that officer in Atlanta felt as he was chasing a suspect in the heat of the moment and was fired upon with a weapon. https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc...outputType=amp

vCash

This is actually a great example that you have pulled up. I hear this very often. So let's take a look at your example.

There are calls to defund and dissolve the police. Please explain to me how it is 800,000 police officer's fault that that murderer was acquitted? No...officer...can...tell...a...judge...how...to.. .rule...a...case. I don't know ****ing HOW to make it any clearer. People are rioting and protesting against police officers because they are an easy target. They are the strawman that the legal system has set up to blind you from the truth. Law enforcement officers don't keep people in jail...the legal system does. Law enforcement officers don't acquit murderers...the legal system does. This happens between judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys and it has absolutely zero...none...nada...oversight. Literally, they can do whatever they want and no one can do anything about it...not even the highest ranking officer in the county. Courts are untouchable.

People are protesting the wrong thing and they don't even see it. Remove police officers and replace them with the military and then you won't even have a say at the street level regarding what happens to people. At that point (and it's coming sooner than you think) there will be real...TRUE...oppression. It will be way more than 8 unarmed black men and 20 unarmed white men killed over 4 years. This is not conspiracy theory I'm just giving you cold, hard truth.

All of these folks crying and screaming and protesting about police reform need to be protesting about JUDICIAL reform. The legal system in America is BROKEN. You can't see the forest for the trees, my dude.

In Brooke's case there are several things he could have done to not be shot by the police:

1. He could have not been drinking and driving. He would have never been in the situation.

2. He couldn have been drinking and driving but then he could have not fought the police. He would have never been shot.

3. He could have been drinking and driving, fought the police and NOT stolen a taser. He would have never been shot.

4. He could have been drinking and driving, fought the police, stolen the taser, not SHOT A ****ING STOLEN TASER at the police. He would have never been shot.

There is no evidence of a kick only heresay. Even if he did he could have been kicking the weapon out of the subjects hand or checking to see if they are alive. To render aid you have to return to your vehicle to get your little first aid kit which won't do much for a bullet wound but first you have to clear the suspect to make sure they don't have another weapon. 2 minutes isn't that bad of a response time. Especially after a fight, followed with a foot chase, followed by getting shot at. To avoid getting shot by police see the above steps.

In regards to complaints against officers: my agency (mid-sized) sees about 5-10 complaints per weeks. It's one of the MAIN reasons they started wearing body cameras because we were having so many false complaints that were usually based on "brutality" and/or "bad attitude" complaints against first responders. We were averaging in the 20's BEFORE cameras. The drop off may have been two-fold. 1: officers are more aware of their actions due to the camera and 2: citizens are more aware of their actions and realize they can't just lie to get an officer in trouble.

Of those 5-10 per week they are ALL investigated. In the past year four....FOUR...were actually found to be of substance and all four centered around an officer just being "ugly" to a citizen and we felt he or she overstepped what was professional. These usually end with re-training and/or suspension. After three warranted complaints (depending on severity) you can be fired. ALL OF THE OTHERS were outright lies and/or someone's feelings hurt because they felt they didn't deserve a ticket. But those complaints stay on an officers record whether or not they were found to be real or not. It's just how it goes per state standards and training policy. I would imagine most officers with several years of experience have dozens of "complaints" on their record. It's actually kind of impressive he had so few given his time on the job.

IN regards to assessing threat here is my assessment. The taser is listed as a deadly weapon by Georgia State Law. A few weeks earlier the Mayor of Atlanta suspended/fired two officers for tasing two college kids. Her reasoning was that the officers used a DEADLY WEAPON on two college kids. So...a taser is a deadly weapon when an officer is holding it and NOT when anyone else is holding it? Ok.....

At any point in the scenario Brooks could have just...stopped. But do you know why he didn't stop? He didn't stop because he was out on parole due to Covid. If you get arrested while on parole you have to serve the entirety of your sentence with no shortened release. He didn't want to go back to jail and he was willing to fight and kill to keep from having to. He wanted to commit crimes against individuals and society and NOT have to pay any type of price.

Let's be honest. That's what this is really all about. Folks don't want cops breathing down their neck. Criminals want to be able to do crime. Vicitimize individuals. And not have to answer for it. And the police suck, right? They give you tickets. That cop that one time had an attitude with you. Or your friend had a run in with one that was a real jackass.

There have been a few (over the past 4 years) instances where an officer killed someone and they were not justified in doing so. Those guys need to go to jail. There have been more than a few instances over that same time where law enforcement was overly brutal with how they handled someone. That needs to be remedied through training and policy reform on many levels. That DOESN'T mean the officer that wrote you a ticket is a killer. I know it hurt your feelings when he did it and it sucks to be in the wrong...but that's part of a law enforcement officers job. That doesn't mean they are bad. Even if a thousand officers have brutalized people in the past 4 years it doesn't mean all officers are bad....it just doesn't. And it is a logical fallacy to even propose to paint such broad strokes based on a handful of events each year.

But let's run this out using another scenario. You will call it a strawman argument but I think it bears similarities. Here is my logic.

All pre-college teachers are bad. They are dirty, evil, pedophiles. We should do away with all teachers in America.

My justification: An average of 12.35% of ALL students between the 8th and 11th grades report unwanted, sexual contact with an educator or teacher while in school. It is approximated that only 5%-6% of these instances are actually reported to social services. Of the THOUSANDS of reported sexual abuse cases against teachers last year in America less than 100 were actually charged with a crime. Teachers unions help coverup stats and instances while also stalling investigations. Currently there are approximately 3.2 million teachers in the US. This means that it's possible that over 395,000 teachers in the US have sexually assaulted a child.

All teachers are pedophiles. All teachers are evil and abuse their power. All teachers should be fired and the school system should be dissolved in America. If not, then all schools should be defunded.

Logic!!
    Last edited by Dawgology; 06-18-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Police aren't doctors.

It took him 2 minutes to even do the steps that you outlined. That's part of the 4 oath of office violations he's charged with.

He fired off 5 shots. 2 hit in the back. 1 hit a bystander's car. Imagine if that harmed someone. All because the cops feared for his life he can shoot recklessly at a man running away. Downward dog said he aimed the taser at his head. The guy was running away. He didn't aim for shit.

Imagine if that was a regular citizen shooting 5 times in self defense and missing 3 with one of those hitting something else. What would your feelings be then?

Point blank this officer acted recklessly. It's amazing that his training on deescalation techniques that he had a month prior led to him to take stupid measures.

@starkvegas I think you missed the glaringly obvious point that I made about Castille. Disproportionately those incidents happen to people of color because why in the hell is this man pulled over that many times other than for DWB?

@Confucius watch the video and don't let outside people tell you what happened

@Downward unplug from your echo chamber

Banned
    vCash
    Dawgology. 85,000 police force members have had complaints of excessive force or the ilk levied against them. That's ~10%

As Chris Rock said, police is one of the jobs where you CANT have bad apples. To paraphrase Chris Rock, Imagine if 10% of pilots didn't feel like landing properly and just did whatever they wanted. Would you trust flying?

A few bad apples SPOIL THE BUNCH.

Every step of the way, cops stand up to defend the bad apples.

You even prove it with your stat and you don't get it. All those internal investigations of wrongdoing. We, the police, find no evidence on police wrongdoing.

You even said Castille is a great example.

THE COP WAS FOUND INNOCENT.

Sorry you can't handle the people treating you like people of color are treated. Maybe don't kill people and don't defend killers, idk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    It's like you ignored the whole video. Do you not think people lie about their treatment by police? Not all, obviously, but a lot do. One day you'll join reality and quit living in fairytale land
    Yeah, this isn't a George Floyd scenario. If you don't want to be assaulted or even killed by the police, follow these simple steps:
    1. Don't commit crimes
    2. If you choose to ignore #1, Don't resist arrest
    3. If you choose to ignore #1 and #2, Don't go for the cop's weapon
    4. If in doubt, See #1.

ETA: This works 99.9% of the time. For the 0.1% of the time it doesn't, the officer should be fired and jailed (and almost always is).
    Last edited by PMDawg; 06-18-2020 at 10:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is actually a great example that you have pulled up. I hear this very often. So let's take a look at your example.

There are calls to defund and dissolve the police. Please explain to me how it is 800,000 police officer's fault that that murderer was acquitted? No...officer...can...tell...a...judge...how...to.. .rule...a...case. I don't know ****ing HOW to make it any clearer. People are rioting and protesting against police officers because they are an easy target. They are the strawman that the legal system has set up to blind you from the truth. Law enforcement officers don't keep people in jail...the legal system does. Law enforcement officers don't acquit murderers...the legal system does. This happens between judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys and it has absolutely zero...none...nada...oversight. Literally, they can do whatever they want and no one can do anything about it...not even the highest ranking officer in the county. Courts are untouchable.

People are protesting the wrong thing and they don't even see it. Remove police officers and replace them with the military and then you won't even have a say at the street level regarding what happens to people. At that point (and it's coming sooner than you think) there will be real...TRUE...oppression. It will be way more than 8 unarmed black men and 20 unarmed white men killed over 4 years. This is not conspiracy theory I'm just giving you cold, hard truth.

All of these folks crying and screaming and protesting about police reform need to be protesting about JUDICIAL reform. The legal system in America is BROKEN. You can't see the forest for the trees, my dude.

In Brooke's case there are several things he could have done to not be shot by the police:

1. He could have not been drinking and driving. He would have never been in the situation.

2. He couldn have been drinking and driving but then he could have not fought the police. He would have never been shot.

3. He could have been drinking and driving, fought the police and NOT stolen a taser. He would have never been shot.

4. He could have been drinking and driving, fought the police, stolen the taser, not SHOT A ****ING STOLEN TASER at the police. He would have never been shot.

There is no evidence of a kick only heresay. Even if he did he could have been kicking the weapon out of the subjects hand or checking to see if they are alive. To render aid you have to return to your vehicle to get your little first aid kit which won't do much for a bullet wound but first you have to clear the suspect to make sure they don't have another weapon. 2 minutes isn't that bad of a response time. Especially after a fight, followed with a foot chase, followed by getting shot at. To avoid getting shot by police see the above steps.

In regards to complaints against officers: my agency (mid-sized) sees about 5-10 complaints per weeks. It's one of the MAIN reasons they started wearing body cameras because we were having so many false complaints that were usually based on "brutality" and/or "bad attitude" complaints against first responders. We were averaging in the 20's BEFORE cameras. The drop off may have been two-fold. 1: officers are more aware of their actions due to the camera and 2: citizens are more aware of their actions and realize they can't just lie to get an officer in trouble.

Of those 5-10 per week they are ALL investigated. In the past year four....FOUR...were actually found to be of substance and all four centered around an officer just being "ugly" to a citizen and we felt he or she overstepped what was professional. These usually end with re-training and/or suspension. After three warranted complaints (depending on severity) you can be fired. ALL OF THE OTHERS were outright lies and/or someone's feelings hurt because they felt they didn't deserve a ticket. But those complaints stay on an officers record whether or not they were found to be real or not. It's just how it goes per state standards and training policy. I would imagine most officers with several years of experience have dozens of "complaints" on their record. It's actually kind of impressive he had so few given his time on the job.

IN regards to assessing threat here is my assessment. The taser is listed as a deadly weapon by Georgia State Law. A few weeks earlier the Mayor of Atlanta suspended/fired two officers for tasing two college kids. Her reasoning was that the officers used a DEADLY WEAPON on two college kids. So...a taser is a deadly weapon when an officer is holding it and NOT when anyone else is holding it? Ok.....

At any point in the scenario Brooks could have just...stopped. But do you know why he didn't stop? He didn't stop because he was out on parole due to Covid. If you get arrested while on parole you have to serve the entirety of your sentence with no shortened release. He didn't want to go back to jail and he was willing to fight and kill to keep from having to. He wanted to commit crimes against individuals and society and NOT have to pay any type of price.

Let's be honest. That's what this is really all about. Folks don't want cops breathing down their neck. Criminals want to be able to do crime. Vicitimize individuals. And not have to answer for it. And the police suck, right? They give you tickets. That cop that one time had an attitude with you. Or your friend had a run in with one that was a real jackass.

There have been a few (over the past 4 years) instances where an officer killed someone and they were not justified in doing so. Those guys need to go to jail. There have been more than a few instances over that same time where law enforcement was overly brutal with how they handled someone. That needs to be remedied through training and policy reform on many levels. That DOESN'T mean the officer that wrote you a ticket is a killer. I know it hurt your feelings when he did it and it sucks to be in the wrong...but that's part of a law enforcement officers job. That doesn't mean they are bad. Even if a thousand officers have brutalized people in the past 4 years it doesn't mean all officers are bad....it just doesn't. And it is a logical fallacy to even propose to paint such broad strokes based on a handful of events each year.

But let's run this out using another scenario. You will call it a strawman argument but I think it bears similarities. Here is my logic.

All pre-college teachers are bad. They are dirty, evil, pedophiles. We should do away with all teachers in America.

My justification: An average of 12.35% of ALL students between the 8th and 11th grades report unwanted, sexual contact with an educator or teacher while in school. It is approximated that only 5%-6% of these instances are actually reported to social services. Of the THOUSANDS of reported sexual abuse cases against teachers last year in America less than 100 were actually charged with a crime. Teachers unions help coverup stats and instances while also stalling investigations. Currently there are approximately 3.2 million teachers in the US. This means that it's possible that over 395,000 teachers in the US have sexually assaulted a child.

All teachers are pedophiles. All teachers are evil and abuse their power. All teachers should be fired and the school system should be dissolved in America. If not, then all schools should be defunded.

Logic!!
    Post of the freaking year man! Kudos. You have to be willfully ignorant to believe the police, as an institution, is evil and/or should be dissolved.

vCash
    Dawgology. 85,000 police force members have had complaints of excessive force or the ilk levied against them. That's ~10%

As Chris Rock said, police is one of the jobs where you CANT have bad apples. To paraphrase Chris Rock, Imagine if 10% of pilots didn't feel like landing properly and just did whatever they wanted. Would you trust flying?

A few bad apples SPOIL THE BUNCH.

Every step of the way, cops stand up to defend the bad apples.

You even prove it with your stat and you don't get it. All those internal investigations of wrongdoing. We, the police, find no evidence on police wrongdoing.

You even said Castille is a great example.

THE COP WAS FOUND INNOCENT.

Sorry you can't handle the people treating you like people of color are treated. Maybe don't kill people and don't defend killers, idk.
    You have literally NO reading comprehension. Castille is an example of WHAT IS WRONG!!!! It was a bad shoot. He was in the wrong. He should have been tried and charged. Not acquitted. But that is largely on the JUDICIAL SYSTEM. The police cannot acquit. That is up to a judge and jury. Not law enforcement...good grief.

Cops DO NOT defend bad apples. I have PERSONALLY put bad cops in JAIL and had even more suspended or fired. I have collegues that have done the same. It's just that the media never covers that aspect of it. A lot of that they CAN'T cover because it is covered by privacy laws that are a constitutional right of every citizen in the US. Maybe we should just start announcing "hey media and citizens! We are investigating some information on Officer Joe and Officer Bob regarding some intel we got about them being dirty! We will be surveilling them on this date and this time and also seizing their phones to further our investigation on this date! Jsut wanted everyone to know!!" YES...there are BAD law enforcement officers that get into the ranks or get involved with bad stuff once they get on the force. Most agencies actively work to identify those and get rid of them. A complaint does not equal a bad officer. It's just a complaint. Most are based on a citizens hurt feelings. Most brutalization complaints are filed as part of civil suits by subjects who FOUGHT the police as they were being arrested. It's a money grab. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's actual ****ing reality. Case in point: If Brooks had not been shot (but had fought the police and subsequently been tased during the chase) he would have probably filed a brualization complaint to found a civil suit against the department to try to grab some cash. I've literally seen this happen dozens upon dozens of time.

Your misinformed assumption is that every complaint against every officer is real. That's just not the truth. Your assumption is that we don't really investigate it. Or that we cover everything up. These are all assumptions. You are literally not involved at any level with any of those investigations.

As I said earlier. Anyone can complain about anything on an officer. Some of them are real. Some of them are misunderstandings. Some of them are complete fabrications. 10% doesnt' mean shit because based on investigation by local , state, and federal entities under 5% of that 10% total are actually justifiable complaints. So under 4,000 justifiable complaints and most of those actually center around policy violations and breach of 4th or 5th amendment rights. As I've stated before...there needs to be reform and training. No one is arguing that. Literally....no one.

Your final line reveals what your compulsion is, though. You have unmasked your true intent. This is the same intent that is held by a vast number of protesters and rioters. In your own words "Sorry you can't handle the people treating you like people of color are treated". So, you perceive that all officers treat all people of color a certain way. So the answer is to retaliate based on an overblown, perceived slight. Well...that's a good way to change things for the better.... Again, you don't have actual stats to back that up just some anecdotal bullshit scenarios from which you make broad generalities. The fact is that most of the stats don't support your argument. This is why most libs don't want to address stats except for a few that they cherry-pick.

Chris Rock doesn't define anything about law enforcement. 100% perfection is not achievable by any human. Do you trust flying? Planes crash all the time. Do you trust doctors? Doctors kill patients and misdiagnose all the time. Where are the riots? The protests?

There aren't any. Why the police then? Because people don't like to get in trouble. They don't like tickets. They don't like fines.

I'm done. At this point, I (and most of us now) really hope you all get what you are asking for.

Incidentally, actual scientific research disproves all the bullshit:

https://ccj.asu.edu/content/expert-i...-racism-effect

Sorry that doesn't support your anecdotally based bullshit but when have stats and facts ever done anything for someone with their head up their own ass.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Yeah, this isn't a George Floyd scenario. If you don't want to be assaulted or even killed by the police, follow these simple steps:
    1. Don't commit crimes
    2. If you choose to ignore #1, Don't resist arrest
    3. If you choose to ignore #1 and #2, Don't go for the cop's weapon
    4. If in doubt, See #1.

ETA: This works 99.9% of the time. For the 0.1% of the time it doesn't, the officer should be fired and jailed (and almost always is).
    And when or if you do happen to follow all these steps, and still get killed, every citizen in the nation should protest until answers are given. We all should stay united. Its a simple system.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And when or if you do happen to follow all these steps, and still get killed, every citizen in the nation should protest until answers are given. We all should stay united. Its a simple system.
    what is simple is that there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for destruction of property
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.