Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
I did not miss anything, you never hold the individual accountable for their own actions, you assume, wrongly, that it is societies fault for all of the evils in a person's life, their poor decisions, including making a particular person poor or making him a drug addict. The individual has choices but you do not see that. I hold the individual responsible and you think white people did it and that government is the answer and that it takes a community to raise a child.

I see a person from the inside out, what kind of character they have in their heart and you look only at external factors, that they are poor and too stupid to get out of their situation so the government MUST bail them out. We have been bailing them our for multiple generations but yet you want to make the same old dumb ass mistakes that have been made for 50+ years!

And now poor is just not enough but you are defining a new term, like liberals like to do when you call them on their dumb ass idea, extremely poor! You don't realize that when I grew up we were the VERY POOR! And guess what, we pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps, we did not depend on government handouts.

But you sound just like Obama, the government made the money we have and the individual had nothing to do with it. It was not not our ideas, our hard work, our doing without, our sacrificing, our businesses - it was all given to us by the government!
There is some "individual accountability", but you seem to either be ignorant of or different to, that there is a system designed to cut the knees off black people in the USA. Only since the 1960's has that system begun to be changed to a level playing field. For a brief time during Reconstruction, the field was level and Blacks were able to be successful. Then the KKK and other like groups began Lynching by the 1,000's and passing Jim Crow laws to, per MS Governor James Vardaman "keep the ******s in their place".

You seem to be ignorant of how Whites got government handouts. Blacks were excluded from the GI Bill post WWI until the 1960's. The GI Bill allowed 7.8 million white WWII soldiers to go to college. Blacks were not allowed to use government backed loans to buy houses. Remember the Ayers Case? Blacks were rejected admission to MSU, USM, and Ole Miss, due to being Black. There are literally hundreds of other examples.

You are projecting. I see individuals as individuals. But if what you say is right, why the vast white black wealth gap?