Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
This is actually a great example that you have pulled up. I hear this very often. So let's take a look at your example.

There are calls to defund and dissolve the police. Please explain to me how it is 800,000 police officer's fault that that murderer was acquitted? No...officer...can...tell...a...judge...how...to.. .rule...a...case. I don't know ****ing HOW to make it any clearer. People are rioting and protesting against police officers because they are an easy target. They are the strawman that the legal system has set up to blind you from the truth. Law enforcement officers don't keep people in jail...the legal system does. Law enforcement officers don't acquit murderers...the legal system does. This happens between judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys and it has absolutely zero...none...nada...oversight. Literally, they can do whatever they want and no one can do anything about it...not even the highest ranking officer in the county. Courts are untouchable.

People are protesting the wrong thing and they don't even see it. Remove police officers and replace them with the military and then you won't even have a say at the street level regarding what happens to people. At that point (and it's coming sooner than you think) there will be real...TRUE...oppression. It will be way more than 8 unarmed black men and 20 unarmed white men killed over 4 years. This is not conspiracy theory I'm just giving you cold, hard truth.

All of these folks crying and screaming and protesting about police reform need to be protesting about JUDICIAL reform. The legal system in America is BROKEN. You can't see the forest for the trees, my dude.

In Brooke's case there are several things he could have done to not be shot by the police:

1. He could have not been drinking and driving. He would have never been in the situation.

2. He couldn have been drinking and driving but then he could have not fought the police. He would have never been shot.

3. He could have been drinking and driving, fought the police and NOT stolen a taser. He would have never been shot.

4. He could have been drinking and driving, fought the police, stolen the taser, not SHOT A ****ING STOLEN TASER at the police. He would have never been shot.

There is no evidence of a kick only heresay. Even if he did he could have been kicking the weapon out of the subjects hand or checking to see if they are alive. To render aid you have to return to your vehicle to get your little first aid kit which won't do much for a bullet wound but first you have to clear the suspect to make sure they don't have another weapon. 2 minutes isn't that bad of a response time. Especially after a fight, followed with a foot chase, followed by getting shot at. To avoid getting shot by police see the above steps.

In regards to complaints against officers: my agency (mid-sized) sees about 5-10 complaints per weeks. It's one of the MAIN reasons they started wearing body cameras because we were having so many false complaints that were usually based on "brutality" and/or "bad attitude" complaints against first responders. We were averaging in the 20's BEFORE cameras. The drop off may have been two-fold. 1: officers are more aware of their actions due to the camera and 2: citizens are more aware of their actions and realize they can't just lie to get an officer in trouble.

Of those 5-10 per week they are ALL investigated. In the past year four....FOUR...were actually found to be of substance and all four centered around an officer just being "ugly" to a citizen and we felt he or she overstepped what was professional. These usually end with re-training and/or suspension. After three warranted complaints (depending on severity) you can be fired. ALL OF THE OTHERS were outright lies and/or someone's feelings hurt because they felt they didn't deserve a ticket. But those complaints stay on an officers record whether or not they were found to be real or not. It's just how it goes per state standards and training policy. I would imagine most officers with several years of experience have dozens of "complaints" on their record. It's actually kind of impressive he had so few given his time on the job.

IN regards to assessing threat here is my assessment. The taser is listed as a deadly weapon by Georgia State Law. A few weeks earlier the Mayor of Atlanta suspended/fired two officers for tasing two college kids. Her reasoning was that the officers used a DEADLY WEAPON on two college kids. So...a taser is a deadly weapon when an officer is holding it and NOT when anyone else is holding it? Ok.....

At any point in the scenario Brooks could have just...stopped. But do you know why he didn't stop? He didn't stop because he was out on parole due to Covid. If you get arrested while on parole you have to serve the entirety of your sentence with no shortened release. He didn't want to go back to jail and he was willing to fight and kill to keep from having to. He wanted to commit crimes against individuals and society and NOT have to pay any type of price.

Let's be honest. That's what this is really all about. Folks don't want cops breathing down their neck. Criminals want to be able to do crime. Vicitimize individuals. And not have to answer for it. And the police suck, right? They give you tickets. That cop that one time had an attitude with you. Or your friend had a run in with one that was a real jackass.

There have been a few (over the past 4 years) instances where an officer killed someone and they were not justified in doing so. Those guys need to go to jail. There have been more than a few instances over that same time where law enforcement was overly brutal with how they handled someone. That needs to be remedied through training and policy reform on many levels. That DOESN'T mean the officer that wrote you a ticket is a killer. I know it hurt your feelings when he did it and it sucks to be in the wrong...but that's part of a law enforcement officers job. That doesn't mean they are bad. Even if a thousand officers have brutalized people in the past 4 years it doesn't mean all officers are bad....it just doesn't. And it is a logical fallacy to even propose to paint such broad strokes based on a handful of events each year.

But let's run this out using another scenario. You will call it a strawman argument but I think it bears similarities. Here is my logic.

All pre-college teachers are bad. They are dirty, evil, pedophiles. We should do away with all teachers in America.

My justification: An average of 12.35% of ALL students between the 8th and 11th grades report unwanted, sexual contact with an educator or teacher while in school. It is approximated that only 5%-6% of these instances are actually reported to social services. Of the THOUSANDS of reported sexual abuse cases against teachers last year in America less than 100 were actually charged with a crime. Teachers unions help coverup stats and instances while also stalling investigations. Currently there are approximately 3.2 million teachers in the US. This means that it's possible that over 395,000 teachers in the US have sexually assaulted a child.

All teachers are pedophiles. All teachers are evil and abuse their power. All teachers should be fired and the school system should be dissolved in America. If not, then all schools should be defunded.

Logic!!
Post of the freaking year man! Kudos. You have to be willfully ignorant to believe the police, as an institution, is evil and/or should be dissolved.