Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Game

vCash

1st Game

Saw where Kentucky has moved their first game from Saturday to Thursday to avoid conflict with the Kentucky Derby. Probably means we are staying on Saturday for the opener.

vCash
    Yep. I'm glad they announced something so I can fix my work schedule again. I wish MSU would stop lobbying for Thursday night games. Absolutely bush league at this point. It's like they think we're still MSU 2009.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. I'm glad they announced something so I can fix my work schedule again. I wish MSU would stop lobbying for Thursday night games. Absolutely bush league at this point. It's like they think we're still MSU 2009.
    Yea I've never really understood our want to play on Thursday night. It gets you on national TV, but EVERY game is on national TV now. It just feels like you're sacrificing a lot to be able to play on Thursday. Because playing on Thursday generally means no one tailgates and no one stays after the game.

vCash
    Thursday night games are far superior to a 11 or 3 Saturday games

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Yep esp 1st game of the year Thursday.

vCash
    If you're just going to the game and going straight back home then you're right Thursday night probably is better. But if you're wanting to tailgate before and after and go out to eat after then Thursday night isn't all its cracked up to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yep esp 1st game of the year Thursday.
    But not when Mike Henig throws 7 interceptions.

I still cringe about that.

vCash
    I figure we are going to get the shaft on 12:00 games this season just like last season. I figure the first game will be a 12:00 kick off.

vCash
    Heat kills the corona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

You just brought back bad memories.

You guys don't need to sell short the fact that most spectators outside our conference are curious to watch Leach and the networks know this. It will help us get some better spots.

vCash
    6:00 game are more superior than both. And yet our fans don't mention that as a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yea I've never really understood our want to play on Thursday night. It gets you on national TV, but EVERY game is on national TV now. It just feels like you're sacrificing a lot to be able to play on Thursday. Because playing on Thursday generally means no one tailgates and no one stays after the game.
    It's because we beat Florida in 1992 on a Thursday night and our administration thought it was the best idea ever.

LT is like Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars. Never really fully gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You just brought back bad memories.

You guys don't need to sell short the fact that most spectators outside our conference are curious to watch Leach and the networks know this. It will help us get some better spots.
    I think you are correct about that.

vCash

I grew up in Montgomery, Al. When Henig went to MSU the Montgomery Country Club golf pro shop bought a bunch of MSU stuff. The pro thought sense Henig's entire family were members, it would all sell well.

Most of my MSU stuff I have was given to me as a gift by my aunt who bought it from there at 75% off.

Word I heard is he showed up day one acting like a rich jackass, and our line said nope, ain't blocking for you.

vCash
    It's because we beat Florida in 1992 on a Thursday night and our administration thought it was the best idea ever.

Also because in 1992 it was about the only way we could get on TV other than the occasional 11AM JP game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Also because in 1992 it was about the only way we could get on TV other than the occasional 11AM JP game.
    This is true. And of course that was almost 30 years ago when it was a totally different landscape than it is now. I feel like our administration is stuck in a decade ago at this time.

I did see a Twitter poll asking fans which helmet they liked best so maybe they'll actually do something the fans halfway like for a change.

vCash

Or Sleepy breaks his leg/

vCash
    Thursday night games are awesome. I loved when the SEC used to have some throughout the season. It definitely beats playing New Mexico on a Saturday at 11.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Nothing is more bush league than playing New Mexico at 11 AM on a Saturday.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

Or OR people prefer Thursday night to Saturday morning. Yes there's a chance we could play Saturday night but the odds aren't in our favor. So I hope we get a night game because 11 or 3 in September is hell.