Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Game

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    6:00 game are more superior than both. And yet our fans don't mention that as a possibility.
    Of course they are but fans don?t get to set the TV schedule. And I?m sure this time slot is not going to happen since Alabama vs USC will surely have this slot wrapped up. So you will have Missouri, Arkansas, Auburn , A&M, MSU, LSU, Vandy, Tennessee and Florida all playing nobodies to fill out the rest of the schedule.

vCash
    If you have the chance to play on Thursday night opening weekend of the college season you take it.. 110% take it..
    in turn if can move the egg bowl back to sat or even Friday you do it 110% ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldcorporal View Post
    Heat kills the corona.
    That doesn't seem to be the case.

vCash
    Hell I wanted it because we would be the opening to College Football. The first game of the season. Hell people have been counting down for 2 weeks. This was an opportunity to showcase a new offense against a g5 team with no tv competition.
    While I agree some other Thursdays in the middle of the season are bad there is no way this game wouldn?t of spotlighted us to recruits in the Southeast when no other conference teams were playing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    But not when Mike Henig throws 7 interceptions.

I still cringe about that.
    Was it only 7? It seemed like way more! That was ugly!

Banned
    vCash
    Give me 7 PM Sunday opening weekend. Not like we're competing with the NFL. College is so stupid for not dominating the entire labor day weekend.

vCash
    They are now protecting the NBA. Supposedly the Miss- Baylor game is on Sunday afternoon because of the NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Was it only 7? It seemed like way more! That was ugly!
    It was actually 6 INTs and a fumble. MSU QBs have had some historically bad games against LSU
    Henig in '07, Russell & Relf with 5 total picks in '10, Fitz 4 INTs in '18
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Give me 7 PM Sunday opening weekend. Not like we're competing with the NFL. College is so stupid for not dominating the entire labor day weekend.
    They already do this. Every year in recent memory there have been games Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Labor Day weekend.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    They already do this. Every year in recent memory there have been games Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Labor Day weekend.
    Point is that there should be games all day Sunday and maybe even Monday too. As of now they simply put game at night. So much missed potential revenue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yea I've never really understood our want to play on Thursday night. It gets you on national TV, but EVERY game is on national TV now. It just feels like you're sacrificing a lot to be able to play on Thursday. Because playing on Thursday generally means no one tailgates and no one stays after the game.
    I love Thursday night games. That means I am at home on Saturday and get to watch all the other games live on TV. When at our games are on Saturday, I see very little of other games going on.