Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dan Wolken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You people are so out to find bad guys to hate. ANTIFA and BLM are not "organizations", they are movements. You know what you sound like right now? People who "agree with civil rights but don't agree with their protests and the Civil Rights Organization."

You keep trying to boogeyman a movement as some dark organization with some nefarious leader. Effectively saying that BLM is a farce is akin to saying Civil Rights is a farce. Plain and simple.

You have the right to say whatever you want and the government can't arrest you. That's free speech. Everyone else has the right to criticize, withdraw support, call you an asshole, and tell you to shut up. That's their free speech. Again, "if you don't like it, leave."
    You're just feeble minded and ignorant and so it's easier for you to call other people racist than to actually engage their ideas.

Even if it's loosely organized, black lives matter does have an organization and they take positions that are open for criticism. Even if you are just focusing on the movement, it's not a racist criticism to say that the slogan is a farce b/c there are much greater threats to black lives than police, such as black on black crime and abortion. I don't agree with that criticism b/c you can focus on more than one thing at a time and state sanctioned violence should get more attention, but making that criticism is not racist.

Nor would it be a racist criticism to claim BLM is counterproductive and doing more harm than good to the black community. No clue if that's true, but it's not obviously wrong considering many of the people that will suffer the most harm from looting and violence will be the people that remain in those communities after businesses and more affluent people leave, many poor blacks will suffer the most from reduced police presence to the extent there is any successful movement ot reduce the number of police and/or a lot of police decide they will avoid policing areas with more crime b/c of the risk of being labeled a criminal if there is an altercation. Or there may be a political backlash where people gravitate towards "law and order" politicians b/c they are spooked by the rioting and looting. Even if none of that ends up being close to correct, it's certainly not racist to make an inaccurate prediction.

I'm not asking you to actually think or anything, but I would suggest you maybe not pat yourself on the back so vigorously for avoiding thinking.

vCash
    The fact that you vilify me to where you can't even fathom the possibility that I don't live in Mississippi and actually live closer to Minneapolis than I did to Starkville growing up (and I grew up in Mississippi) shows that it's not even about understanding the other side of view.

You just want to be right and to have others submit and be beneath you. You'll contort reality until you believe you're there. You're participating in bad faith. Black lives matter. Not matter more than you. Just matter. How that is still controversial is because you're someone who will contort that message into something else. It's almost like you're afraid if you don't have power that someone else will and you're afraid of being treated how those not in power are. Sickening, selfish, and sad.
    Look here you little shit. My brother is a cop. He has been shot at multiple times. He is not above the law nor beneath it. So I'm sorry if I offended your young punk ass. I support Protest as long as it's peaceful. But you are the one spreading leftists liberal communism bullshit in every thread. You say we refuse to see any side but yours. Maybe take a step back as well. Honestly you (and probably me as well) should stay away from these threads.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Look here you little shit. My brother is a cop. He has been shot at multiple times. He is not above the law nor beneath it. So I'm sorry if I offended your young punk ass. I support Protest as long as it's peaceful. But you are the one spreading leftists liberal communism bullshit in every thread. You say we refuse to see any side but yours. Maybe take a step back as well. Honestly you (and probably me as well) should stay away from these threads.
    No he's definitely got privileges above the law by being a cop. I don't understand why that upsets you. Respect isn't a 0 sum game. Authoritative control is. If you don't understand that then it makes sense because you must think by acknowledging someone else's life matters, you must have to give up some of your "hard earned respect."

You didn't offend me. You only offended yourself by making yourself out to be wrong on a bad assumption.

Honestly, the way this board is moving and acts, how many people you think that are stuck in Mississippi forever and don't have the ability to leave the echo chamber would be able to have a similar mindset to me? You had a bad premise you built your assumption on. I really don't know what you were thinking if you even were beyond just saying the opposite of me.

vCash
    No he's definitely got privileges above the law by being a cop. I don't understand why that upsets you. Respect isn't a 0 sum game. Authoritative control is. If you don't understand that then it makes sense because you must think by acknowledging someone else's life matters, you must have to give up some of your "hard earned respect."

You didn't offend me. You only offended yourself by making yourself out to be wrong on a bad assumption.

Honestly, the way this board is moving and acts, how many people you think that are stuck in Mississippi forever and don't have the ability to leave the echo chamber would be able to have a similar mindset to me? You had a bad premise you built your assumption on. I really don't know what you were thinking if you even were beyond just saying the opposite of me.
    I'm so glad you've traveled, lived, and have such a wealth of experience and knowledge. Your worldly wisdom is astounding.

FWIW ... I've lived on the Left Coast and the Right Coast too. I usually assimilate somewhat into the local culture. I don't tell them they have to change it.

vCash

11-1 just stfu....the board would be a better place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I usually assimilate somewhat into the local culture. I don't tell them they have to change it.
    WTF does this mean?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    11-1 just stfu....the board would be a better place
    So you're now openly advocating that a minority doesn't need to voice their opinion.

vCash

You're a sick piece of trash. Get help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You're just feeble minded and ignorant and so it's easier for you to call other people racist than to actually engage their ideas.

Even if it's loosely organized, black lives matter does have an organization and they take positions that are open for criticism. Even if you are just focusing on the movement, it's not a racist criticism to say that the slogan is a farce b/c there are much greater threats to black lives than police, such as black on black crime and abortion. I don't agree with that criticism b/c you can focus on more than one thing at a time and state sanctioned violence should get more attention, but making that criticism is not racist.

Nor would it be a racist criticism to claim BLM is counterproductive and doing more harm than good to the black community. No clue if that's true, but it's not obviously wrong considering many of the people that will suffer the most harm from looting and violence will be the people that remain in those communities after businesses and more affluent people leave, many poor blacks will suffer the most from reduced police presence to the extent there is any successful movement ot reduce the number of police and/or a lot of police decide they will avoid policing areas with more crime b/c of the risk of being labeled a criminal if there is an altercation. Or there may be a political backlash where people gravitate towards "law and order" politicians b/c they are spooked by the rioting and looting. Even if none of that ends up being close to correct, it's certainly not racist to make an inaccurate prediction.

I'm not asking you to actually think or anything, but I would suggest you maybe not pat yourself on the back so vigorously for avoiding thinking.
    Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    WTF does this mean?
    Maybe get along with would have been a better way to phrase it. I get along with all ethnic groups and never had a problem. And different parts of the country have different cultures to some extent. That's why America is a melting pot ... no?

vCash
    Our fan base would be smart to embrace BLM and embrace our history (the 63 MBB team were heroic). We should spend a little less time nitpicking the black activists who are leading this newest iteration of the civil rights movement, and more time listening to them.

Federal, local, and state law enforcement weren?t on the side of civil rights protestors in the 60s?US (and Mississippi) history makes that clear, and they are not now. Our school and our fan base should lead on this issue, especially in a state where the second largest institution as well as the state flag openly embrace the Confederacy to this date.

vCash

Hey piece of shit. Question. You ever had a gun pulled on you? You ever been in a life or death situation? I think not if u had your liberal ass would piss your pants. I seen more shit than I care to mention and my brother and my family have been through more shit so your liberal ass can live in a free country. By all means have an opinion but you don't know Jack shit and you know what you didn't go to Minneapolis nor has your ass ever been in a situation where it's your life or another. I hope you don't ever face that. If you did your opinion on law enforcement would be different, or shit life in general would change. I don't hate you or your cause whatever that maybe. But I know this about you. Your a weak individual who would rather spend time lying or posting about shit your young dumb ass has no idea about.
    Now what has happened in Minneapolis was uncalled for. I dont condone any act of killing another human being. Regardless of the situation. Don't misconstrue that. It was terrible and those who commit crimes should be punished.
    In closing I'd like to say your a little bitch who loves attention and has no idea how the real world works. I have faced a lot of adversity in my life. Including damn near dying from something I don't care to talk about. I have lost a parent and grandparents. I have endured hardships you couldnt dream about. Know what. I didn't ask for a hand out. I didn't ask for shit. I went and made myself just like my brother who protects assholes like you ever day.
    So 17 you, you brat

Banned
    vCash
    Hey piece of shit. Question. You ever had a gun pulled on you? You ever been in a life or death situation? I think not if u had your liberal ass would piss your pants. I seen more shit than I care to mention and my brother and my family have been through more shit so your liberal ass can live in a free country. By all means have an opinion but you don't know Jack shit and you know what you didn't go to Minneapolis nor has your ass ever been in a situation where it's your life or another. I hope you don't ever face that. If you did your opinion on law enforcement would be different, or shit life in general would change. I don't hate you or your cause whatever that maybe. But I know this about you. Your a weak individual who would rather spend time lying or posting about shit your young dumb ass has no idea about.
    Now what has happened in Minneapolis was uncalled for. I dont condone any act of killing another human being. Regardless of the situation. Don't misconstrue that. It was terrible and those who commit crimes should be punished.
    In closing I'd like to say your a little bitch who loves attention and has no idea how the real world works. I have faced a lot of adversity in my life. Including damn near dying from something I don't care to talk about. I have lost a parent and grandparents. I have endured hardships you couldnt dream about. Know what. I didn't ask for a hand out. I didn't ask for shit. I went and made myself just like my brother who protects assholes like you ever day.
    So 17 you, you brat
    Did I strike a nerve?

Ever had a gun pulled on me? Yep. Well, technically my friends and me and not specifically me. Feared for my life? Yep. We were play basketball at the park 30 minutes past closing time and Deputy Dipshit decided the most reasonable way to run us off was at gunpoint. I had never been run out of that same park any of the numerous times a baseball game ran long. I guess the difference was it was pickup basketball and not organized with the park. Yea that's why the cop came out with gun raised telling us that if we didn't leave immediately that he would arrest us for trespassing. Didn't piss my pants. Calmly walked back to the car with hands up and left.

You really want to keep doubling down on this I didn't go to Minneapolis narrative. Like it was a short drive away from me. I went the first weekend. I seen it. I was tear gassed there. I came back to my city and was tear gassed here. It's reality. Idk why reality makes you upset at me? I'm not the one who tear gassed anyone. I'm not the one who violated the geneva convention.

Cool for admitting it was bad and agreeing that killing of any kind is bad. That's kind of the point of the protests and amendments 5, 8, and 14.

I don't know how you having horrible things happen to you makes me a liar? I've lost a parent and 3 grandparents already. Watch the death of one parent cause my other to go into deep depression. Was by no means a quick death. Slow deterioration with medical bills that caused bankruptcy. My father was too prideful to ask for any handouts too for a while Until he gave in after he opened up to our pastor and shared just how bad the situation was. I guess you're like him and see "handouts" as weak. Well that's such a sad way to view society. It's not a handout. It's people working together to pull someone up from the gutters. There's no shame in asking for help when you need it. My fathers sickness was through no fault of his own. He likely doesn't make it past 7 without the goodwill of others.

Hating people who need help and can't help themselves is such a weird elitist hill to die on. Do you just want to cull off people in general who are weak and can't provide physical labor to society? Who have to be hooked up to a ****ing machine in front of their kids 5 days a week just to ****ing live?

Calling me a brat. Amazing. The only things that I've ever asked for myself is 5 more minutes with my father and that my mother not worry and break down over losing her husband as she watched him either into nothing.

So yea, being a victim of the system and seeing how unjust it is... sorry you haven't gone through what I've went through or could even ****ing fathom what the **** it's like to not be able to do shit about it. To hear a bunch of ducking idiots talk about pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Guess what **** faces. I did and I graduated from the best ******* university in the state of Mississippi. I got me a well paying job. I got myself into a comfortable place. I'm working to get my momma into a comfortable place. Still no amount of bootstrap pulling can mitigate the hurt and have prevented it. So, when I fight for injustice in this country, I fight in my father's honor. No one should ever have to go through what I and my family endured.

Horrible shit happens in this country every day. And I'm the villain for wanting to stop it. I'm a spoiled brat for that. Wow.

vCash
    I'm all for changing the state flag & Ole Miss changing their name, moving statues, etc.. however, this where the movement loses me.

It never ends. Give them one thing & they want another, and another, & another.....it's disgusting

[tweet2]1273615897933086721[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    So you're now openly advocating that a minority doesn't need to voice their opinion.
    Nope I'm openly saying I wish you'd stfu. You make every thread political and ruin the board. Fact.

vCash
    So 17 you, you brat
    Did I strike a nerve?

Ever had a gun pulled on me? Yep. Well, technically my friends and me and not specifically me. Feared for my life? Yep. We were play basketball at the park 30 minutes past closing time and Deputy Dipshit decided the most reasonable way to run us off was at gunpoint. I had never been run out of that same park any of the numerous times a baseball game ran long. I guess the difference was it was pickup basketball and not organized with the park. Yea that's why the cop came out with gun raised telling us that if we didn't leave immediately that he would arrest us for trespassing. Didn't piss my pants. Calmly walked back to the car with hands up and left.

You really want to keep doubling down on this I didn't go to Minneapolis narrative. Like it was a short drive away from me. I went the first weekend. I seen it. I was tear gassed there. I came back to my city and was tear gassed here. It's reality. Idk why reality makes you upset at me? I'm not the one who tear gassed anyone. I'm not the one who violated the geneva convention.

Cool for admitting it was bad and agreeing that killing of any kind is bad. That's kind of the point of the protests and amendments 5, 8, and 14.

I don't know how you having horrible things happen to you makes me a liar? I've lost a parent and 3 grandparents already. Watch the death of one parent cause my other to go into deep depression. Was by no means a quick death. Slow deterioration with medical bills that caused bankruptcy. My father was too prideful to ask for any handouts too for a while Until he gave in after he opened up to our pastor and shared just how bad the situation was. I guess you're like him and see "handouts" as weak. Well that's such a sad way to view society. It's not a handout. It's people working together to pull someone up from the gutters. There's no shame in asking for help when you need it. My fathers sickness was through no fault of his own. He likely doesn't make it past 7 without the goodwill of others.

Hating people who need help and can't help themselves is such a weird elitist hill to die on. Do you just want to cull off people in general who are weak and can't provide physical labor to society? Who have to be hooked up to a ****ing machine in front of their kids 5 days a week just to ****ing live?

Calling me a brat. Amazing. The only things that I've ever asked for myself is 5 more minutes with my father and that my mother not worry and break down over losing her husband as she watched him either into nothing.

So yea, being a victim of the system and seeing how unjust it is... sorry you haven't gone through what I've went through or could even ****ing fathom what the **** it's like to not be able to do shit about it. To hear a bunch of ducking idiots talk about pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Guess what **** faces. I did and I graduated from the best ******* university in the state of Mississippi. I got me a well paying job. I got myself into a comfortable place. I'm working to get my momma into a comfortable place. Still no amount of bootstrap pulling can mitigate the hurt and have prevented it. So, when I fight for injustice in this country, I fight in my father's honor. No one should ever have to go through what I and my family endured.

Horrible shit happens in this country every day. And I'm the villain for wanting to stop it. I'm a spoiled brat for that. Wow.

Damn... Alright yall both take a few days off.. i thought one of you were gonna put each other on ignore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nope I'm openly saying I wish you'd stfu. You make every thread political and ruin the board. Fact.
    And he will.. for a week. If that doesn't work and he can't remain civil.. it will be longer.

Come on July 6th for camp reports.