Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wolken

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    He wants Gundy fired because of his beliefs. Like I said he's a douche
    Yeah, that is pretty stupid. Fired for wearing an OAN t shirt? Bit overboard.
    Although, in my opinion OAN is essentially a modern day Der St?rmer or Korean Central Television.
    So, its not like he was wearing a Fox News tshirt. Either way, firing the dude is a bit overboard. Even calling for him to be fired is a bit overboard.
    In general, even OAN apologist know what OAN is and it's "purpose" in our society.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Sounds like liberals in this country are turning into total fascists where you aren't allowed to have a differing opinion than them. I don't remember conservatives ever getting to the point where they refuse to be around, work with or socialize with any liberal. There is a whole multitude of Trump supporters out there that are scared out of their minds to publicly say they are because of all the backlash they would receive if people around them knew.
    That is not what it sounds to me. It sounds to me they are calling out fascist thinking and not letting it go unchecked.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    true

vCash
    I think you have to differentiate between liberals and progressives. Progressives are much more radical. Liberals are more of your old school freedom of speech, socially liberal crew. A lot of liberals are just as scared of the Twitter mobs as anyone else.
    Last edited by Dawg2003; 06-16-2020 at 12:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    You substitute a word and that would be CNN. They 'lived' off 3+ years of a totally fake Russian hoax.
    Ahhhh, no. OAN is something this country has never seen before. On either side, during anytime of our existence except maybe during the Red Scare.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    So because an individual is opposed to Trumps policies/behavior they're immediately discredited? That's over half the country pal. But most recently they reported as fact this: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...fa-provocateur

I'm sure most people saw the video of the elderly gentleman getting his head smacked to the ground by the police-they're trying to tie him in as some sort of domestic terrorist. This guy was doing nothing wrong. Peacefully protesting and they tried to smear a man that was simultaneously in critical condition at the hands of those paid to "protect and serve". If that's not troubling to you or anyone else here, I'll see my way out.
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-and-walk-out/

That old dude is a radical dinosaur who's been doing shit like that for decades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ah. I see it now.

To be fair, OAN is absolutely bat shit. I don't even consider it "right wing", either...as that would be Fox, Daily Wire, The Hill, etc. Putting OAN in that category, does a disservice to actual conservative media. That shit is literally a cesspool of conspiracy theory and sycophantic grifters (with a dash of antisemitism thrown in, too).
    I agree. OAN is not "right wing". OAN is some crazy shit that shouldn't have White House press credentials. Seriously, they have press credentials. Strange as hell.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I agree. OAN is not "right wing". OAN is some crazy shit that shouldn't have White House press credentials. Seriously, they have press credentials. Strange as hell.
    But, MSNBC has press credentials. To me MSNBC is the epitome of bat shit crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

That old dude is a radical dinosaur who's been doing shit like that for decades.
    Wow. That link is some well written investigative journalism. I totally believe all of it.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    So because an individual is opposed to Trumps policies/behavior they're immediately discredited? That's over half the country pal. But most recently they reported as fact this: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...fa-provocateur

I'm sure most people saw the video of the elderly gentleman getting his head smacked to the ground by the police-they're trying to tie him in as some sort of domestic terrorist. This guy was doing nothing wrong. Peacefully protesting and they tried to smear a man that was simultaneously in critical condition at the hands of those paid to "protect and serve". If that's not troubling to you or anyone else here, I'll see my way out.
    Sigh....

I was hoping I wouldn't have to type all of this out, but here we go.

First of all, I don't discredit anyone that is anti Trump. However, I do discredit a comedian that hosts a satirical news show on a cable network as credible source. He has an entire team of comedic writers that think exactly the same way. It is not hard to edit content in order to cast a person or organization in a bad light.

The story linked from OAN certainly isn't a fact. It is an opinion piece that something COULD have happened.

Here are the facts:

Martin Gugino is a long time protester and has been arrested before at multiple events.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...-time-activist

Here is a photo taken of Gugino talking with the cameraman right before the incident occurred. I believe this photo appears in your link as well:

EaFk_RMVcAAA9GX.jpg

Were they just exchanging a friendly "hello"?, were they discussing strategy to get a shot? Something in between? Who knows

After the incidents takes place, and Gugino is laying on the ground apparently dying as the media explained. Here is a picture of him after the incident on an ambulance bed sitting up, talking on his cell phone. I don't think men who are dying do this:

EaHSRnsXkAEE0Xf.jpg

Given all this information, it is not ridiculous to question that the media outlets that claimed the Buffalo police almost killed this person are not telling the entire truth.

Lastly, football players should not boycott their coach because of a political leaning. Imagine if a coach refused to give a kid playing time because the kid listened to a certain rap artist that the coach didn't happen to agree with their lyrics. I am sure a situation like that would be met with the same high professional standard that the media has approached the Gundy situation. Can we agree, Pal?

vCash
    But, MSNBC has press credentials. To me MSNBC is the epitome of bat shit crazy.
    You may not know what epitome means then.
    MSNBC and Fox News are two sides of the same coin.

CNN, is left leaning no doubt about it, but not to the same level as Fox News and MSNBC.

OAN - Bat shit 17n crazy. They literally do not operate under any code of truth. They operate under manifesting scare tactics and spinning news.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Sigh....

I was hoping I wouldn't have to type all of this out, but here we go.

First of all, I don't discredit anyone that is anti Trump. However, I do discredit a comedian that hosts a satirical news show on a cable network as credible source. He has an entire team of comedic writers that think exactly the same way. It is not hard to edit content in order to cast a person or organization in a bad light.

The story linked from OAN certainly isn't a fact. It is an opinion piece that something COULD have happened.

Here are the facts:

Martin Gugino is a long time protester and has been arrested before at multiple events.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...-time-activist

Here is a photo taken of Gugino talking with the cameraman right before the incident occurred. I believe this photo appears in your link as well:

EaFk_RMVcAAA9GX.jpg

Were they just exchanging a friendly "hello"?, were they discussing strategy to get a shot? Something in between? Who knows

After the incidents takes place, and Gugino is laying on the ground apparently dying as the media explained. Here is a picture of him after the incident on an ambulance bed sitting up, talking on his cell phone. I don't think men who are dying do this:

EaHSRnsXkAEE0Xf.jpg

Given all this information, it is not ridiculous to question that the media outlets that claimed the Buffalo police almost killed this person are not telling the entire truth.

Lastly, football players should not boycott their coach because of a political leaning. Imagine if a coach refused to give a kid playing time because the kid listened to a certain rap artist that the coach didn't happen to agree with their lyrics. I am sure a situation like that would be met with the same high professional standard that the media has approached the Gundy situation. Can we agree, Pal?
    Being a long time protester proves nothing. I am a long time protester. Also, talking to a camera man has literally nothing to add to any argument. He could easily be saying, "These racist assholes are crazy, right?" Just as easily as him saying, "Hey man, how you holding up?" Being arrested why protesting also proves nothing. Give me some actual evidence that this guy did not get shoved to the ground by the police, hitting his head and bleeding out the ear, while unarmed, during a peaceful protest. Just one shred of physical evidence that it was 100% the case.
    Hell, give me evidence of the mayor saying what that article said he said about Gugino being an agitator. Also, give me evidence that there wasn't 5k agitators in that crowd.

Exactly. This is the type of thing OAN would run with. Zero facts, tons of conjecture, playing to people's prejudices.
    A cop should not push an old man down who is presenting zero threat, and then proceeded not to check on him when he hit his head on the concrete.
    Cops are not animals. Cops can act aggressive to maintain control. This was not that. If I remember correctly, there was probably only like 20 people around and they were spaced pretty dang far away from the cops.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

CNN, is left leaning no doubt about it, but not to the same level as Fox News and MSNBC.

OAN - Bat shit 17n crazy. They literally do not operate under any code of truth. They operate under manifesting scare tactics and spinning news.
    You obviously don't know the meaning of left leaning. CNN is not left leaning. They are just as far left as MSNBC.

Scare tactics and spinning news. That's ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC. Three years of a Russian Nothing Burger can attest to that.

But of course, ORANGE MAN BAD!!! That's the only "news" reported out of the Alphabet Soup.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Being a long time protester proves nothing. I am a long time protester. Also, talking to a camera man has literally nothing to add to any argument. He could easily be saying, "These racist assholes are crazy, right?" Just as easily as him saying, "Hey man, how you holding up?" Being arrested why protesting also proves nothing. Give me some actual evidence that this guy did not get shoved to the ground by the police, hitting his head and bleeding out the ear, while unarmed, during a peaceful protest. Just one shred of physical evidence that it was 100% the case.
    Hell, give me evidence of the mayor saying what that article said he said about Gugino being an agitator. Also, give me evidence that there wasn't 5k agitators in that crowd.

Exactly. This is the type of thing OAN would run with. Zero facts, tons of conjecture, playing to people's prejudices.
    A cop should not push an old man down who is presenting zero threat, and then proceeded not to check on him when he hit his head on the concrete.
    Cops are not animals. Cops can act aggressive to maintain control. This was not that. If I remember correctly, there was probably only like 20 people around and they were spaced pretty dang far away from the cops.
    I agreed with you. Who knows what he is talking with the cameraman about. No one knows. However, if there was a picture of Lee Harvey Oswald talking with Abraham Zapruder an hour before the Kennedy assassination, it would raise some eyebrows.

The cop made a questionable decision to push the man, but like another poster said, if not for the man's age, it is probably a non issue. Also, when the police are trying to clear an area that they seem a risk, what are they supposed to do when someone refuses to move?

Lastly, the media and the Twitter mob acted as if the police murdered the man in cold blood. There is a picture of him at the scene sitting up on his cell phone after the push took place. You don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to infer that these media outlets were not telling the truth about the man's health.

vCash

That was 10 years ago, CNN is left as they come now.

vCash
    You obviously don't know the meaning of left leaning. CNN is not left leaning. They are just as far left as MSNBC.

Scare tactics and spinning news. That's ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC. Three years of a Russian Nothing Burger can attest to that.

But of course, ORANGE MAN BAD!!! That's the only "news" reported out of the Alphabet Soup.
    Bingo

vCash
    I would advise you to look into the franklin scandal before you discredit congressmen being invoked in a sex scandal. The left will be the down fall of this country.

vCash

This was my entire point. This sort of reporting emboldens people like yourself to attack those who have literally done nothing wrong and had their head popped on the pavement. You're taking up for reporting that this person was some sort of operative to discredit the assault by a gov't paid employee. That line of thinking is insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsondawg22 View Post
    I would advise you to look into the franklin scandal before you discredit congressmen being invoked in a sex scandal. The left will be the down fall of this country.
    Are you referring to this?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankl...ng_allegations

vCash
    This was my entire point. This sort of reporting emboldens people like yourself to attack those who have literally done nothing wrong and had their head popped on the pavement. You're taking up for reporting that this person was some sort of operative to discredit the assault by a gov't paid employee. That line of thinking is insane.
    This guy does shit like this all the time. What do YOU not understand about that? He provoked those officers.

The only insane one around here is you. Democrats can't be pedophiles and Jurassic radicals never do anything wrong.