Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Flexible Football Schedule

vCash

Possibility of a Flexible Football Schedule

Heard Bo Bounds this am talking about the effects of COVID on the season. One possibility is games could be cancelled if more that a few players have it at the time. Supposedly Sankey has said he is looking into teams playing other available teams if that happens. So, if Kentucky has to cancel on us we could possibly play South Carolina instead if they also were cancelled on. The logistics might get kinda crazy.

vCash
    They'll end up letting Alabama play vandy and Ole miss for all of their sec games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    They'll end up letting Alabama play vandy and Ole miss for all of their sec games.
    I'm sure Sankey will make sure Alabama has a game with Tulsa Lawn & Garden Technical College lined up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Heard Bo Bounds this am talking about the effects of COVID on the season. One possibility is games could be cancelled if more that a few players have it at the time. Supposedly Sankey has said he is looking into teams playing other available teams if that happens. So, if Kentucky has to cancel on us we could possibly play South Carolina instead if they also were cancelled on. The logistics might get kinda crazy.
    Wouldn't surprise me at this point. I think everyone agrees that there will be players test positive during the season, most of which will be asymptomatic. This means these players will have to be out for two weeks. The depth of a team can be shot pretty quickly with a handful of guys out for two weeks in addition to the normal level of injuries you can expect from just playing football.

I think it's going to be like a 14 team fantasy football league... The teams that do the best will be the lucky ones that avoid the injuries or in this case the positive COVID-19 tests.

Throw in the fact that crowds might be less, thus reducing the home field advantage and it could really be a wacky year.

vCash
    this has got to be driving Vegas crazy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at this point. I think everyone agrees that there will be players test positive during the season, most of which will be asymptomatic. This means these players will have to be out for two weeks. The depth of a team can be shot pretty quickly with a handful of guys out for two weeks in addition to the normal level of injuries you can expect from just playing football.

I think it's going to be like a 14 team fantasy football league... The teams that do the best will be the lucky ones that avoid the injuries or in this case the positive COVID-19 tests.

Throw in the fact that crowds might be less, thus reducing the home field advantage and it could really be a wacky year.
    Yep, Guv Abbott in Texas has already declared stadiums will only be half capacity.

vCash
    and at home on CBS.

vCash
    Meanwhile, Ole Miss will get to count Chattanooga and Tampa as SEC games .. again!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Yep, Guv Abbott in Texas has already declared stadiums will only be half capacity.
    Better buy season tickets because if it is reduced it will be reduced to season tickets only. If you see an announcement of season tickets sales are going to end then it's possibly going to happen.

vCash
    History says it will be Ole Miss that gets to call Delta State, Millsaps, and Oxford high School SEC games, While we have to play Cowboys, Tampa Bay, and the Saints, away as our SEC games

vCash
    This might be an advantage to us. The air raid is unique in this league. I think DCs would would dread facing our offense on short notice with minimal prep/film time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    This might be an advantage to us. The air raid is unique in this league. I think DCs would would dread facing our offense on short notice with minimal prep/film time.
    This is going to be the wildest year of college football in a long time.

And I wonder if we are gonna see a P5 for a P5 sub out. What if Texas has an open date due to COVID and we do too. And what if Texas would rather play us than someone else. This could lead to some really interesting match ups.

vCash
    Does it become a bidding war for home field? If one team was home and one was away I could see defaulting to the home team staying as a home game. What happens if both teams were home or both teams were away?

vCash
    84-17-3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post

So sounds like Tutorgate from last year should have us well prepared for how to handle losing players for games during the season this year.

vCash
    If a team is unable to play typically the NCAA just doesn't count the game or play it. This has happened before when things like hurricanes have caused teams to cancel a game. I don't see why this would be any different?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If a team is unable to play typically the NCAA just doesn't count the game or play it. This has happened before when things like hurricanes have caused teams to cancel a game. I don't see why this would be any different?
    Money. It's not just one game in September. Sankey and the ADs are worried this could be an every week thing and if it's four or five games cancelled it's going to hit the university's budget hard.

vCash
    Money. It's not just one game in September. Sankey and the ADs are worried this could be an every week thing and if it's four or five games cancelled it's going to hit the university's budget hard.
    Oh. For some reason I thought it was just referring to OOC games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Oh. For some reason I thought it was just referring to OOC games.
    Nope, that's why we might have a cancellation from say Kentucky and maybe UGA has a cancellation that weekend too. All of a sudden we are in Athens that weekend. This could get wild. Now, what would be absolutely crazy is if we have a cancellation from Tulane and we get offered to host a top 25 team in need of an opponent and we beat them. This could be the most wacky year of college football ever.

vCash
    That?s as of now. I fully expect them to be filled with as many as want to be there. OM has said they plan on having no fan restrictions which is good for them