Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four MSU players test positive for COVID-19

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Oh Sh*t, where do I get that SARS vaccine? What, we don?t have one? How long has SARS been around?
    News Flash,.,, there is not going to be a Vaccine for Covid for years/decades...
    With the way numbers, stats, and trials around this have been and continue to be manipulated - we'll have a vaccine. It won't actually do shit for the virus, but there will be one on the market and you can take that to the bank. This is so politicized + being an election year - guaranteed vaccine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not sure where you'd find the data at, but we need positive % charted by date. I can get the total at https://covidtracking.com/data . Right now we have 19,091 positives with 214.493 total tests, which is 8.9% positive rate. It would be nice if someone had that number charted for the last month.
    Since you like numbers, check out what's happening in Florida:

"Health experts have previously told the Miami Herald that they were concerned the number of pending results listed by the state is an undercount. This is because Florida?s Health Department only announces the number of pending test results from state labs, not private ones ? and private labs are completing more than 90% of state tests."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...243482076.html

I agree with other sentiments expressed regarding going about our daily lives. The thing that frustrates me more than anything though is that key data is being manipulated to fit an agenda, which in turn skews public sentiment.

vCash
    Amen! Life is uncertain..... get busy living or get busy dying.
    I love this!! Especially since my battle with prostate cancer. I try to live life to its fullest!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Something interesting happened to my best buds wife. She?s been testing positive every week for Covid-19....for 9 weeks now. Had the sniffles but never ran a fever. The CDC cleared her to return to work two weeks ago because ?she was no danger to infect others? even though she was still testing positive.

Figure that one out.
    Crazy!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. Put a disclaimer on the tickets saying the buyer assumes all risk and the NCAA is covered.
    That's not correct Todd, you cannot contract away liability.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I follow the number of ICU patients. Availability of testing and other factors can skew most of the data, but ICU numbers tell us whether things are getting worse, better or staying the same.

Mississippi ICU patient numbers went down pretty significantly in late April and early May and then flattened out. The last few days have seen a significant uptick from the mid-130s a week ago to 172 day before yesterday - the last day for which numbers are available.

vCash
    Florida sets their record number of cases for 3rd straight day: 1698, 1902, and today, 2581

vCash
    Sure you can, next time you go any outside event or sporting event read the fine print on your tickets.

Been doing that for years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Sure you can, next time you go any outside event or sporting event read the fine print on your tickets.

Been doing that for years
    Or join any gym. You hurt yourself trying to set an Instagram record- your fault.

vCash
    Just stay home.
    I'm glad Lee didn't flank. The world would have even more dumbasses in it.

vCash
    Florida sets their record number of cases for 3rd straight day: 1698, 1902, and today, 2581
    We have too here in Alabama. 848, 859, and 888.

Unpopular opinion here, but people aren't just randomly going to get tested now 3 months in to us really testing for COVID. They are going because they've found out they were around someone with it or they have symptoms of it. So tests going up now is not a good thing. Yes there are some folks now getting mandatory tests. But saying "oh tests are going up so obviously positives are going up" is not good, even though some say that proves this isn't as bad.

Us having a rush of new positive tests like this is not a good sign folks. Our % positive is the highest it's been since late April. I'm not sure we ever shut down things again like we did in Alabama, but you better believe that folks are looking at this right now wondering how bad thing could get. 2600 positive tests in 3 days is by far the highest 3 day total in Alabama by double any other 3 day total up to this point.

As an administrator at a public school and a parent who's a week away from having a newborn, this could cause some significant issues for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Unpopular opinion here, but people aren't just randomly going to get tested now 3 months in to us really testing for COVID. They are going because they've found out they were around someone with it or they have symptoms of it. So tests going up now is not a good thing. Yes there are some folks now getting mandatory tests. But saying "oh tests are going up so obviously positives are going up" is not good, even though some say that proves this isn't as bad.

Us having a rush of new positive tests like this is not a good sign folks. Our % positive is the highest it's been since late April. I'm not sure we ever shut down things again like we did in Alabama, but you better believe that folks are looking at this right now wondering how bad thing could get. 2600 positive tests in 3 days is by far the highest 3 day total in Alabama by double any other 3 day total up to this point.

As an administrator at a public school and a parent who's a week away from having a newborn, this could cause some significant issues for us.
    Employers are getting there hands on test kits finally and that is causing numbers to go up as well. I know the company I work for has started testing every single person that steps foot on one of our facilities and you are tested every time before you travel to the facility. This is certainly adding to the test numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

More people are going to continue to get it.... I'll say it again, it's not just going away.....don't know what else to say....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    More people are going to continue to get it.... I'll say it again, it's not just going away.....don't know what else to say....
    Do you think increased cases will affect us playing football or fans at games?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Do you think increased cases will affect us playing football or fans at games?
    Yes. It very well could.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    This.

vCash
    I guess you didn't get the memo that we're not flattening the curve to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed and now we're back to stay inside until it goes away completely.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yes. It very well could.
    It may. But it really shouldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I guess you didn't get the memo that we're not flattening the curve to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed and now we're back to stay inside until it goes away completely.**
    Yep, hunker down!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep, hunker down!****
    Got my gloves and my N95 on but not over my nose.**