Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four MSU players test positive for COVID-19

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    See you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm fully on board with opening whatever, whenever, but I just don't see the ncaa putting themselves out there for criticism if it gets bad
    You couldn't blame the NCAA if you put yourself at risk. The games must go on.

vCash
    And people are still our. Add protests to that and more places opening... I think cases will continue to rise. If we want college football, we better hope cases start dropping by mid-July
    To me if the cases go up and people are asymptomatic that's more reason to open up because it means the virus has weakened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You couldn't blame the NCAA if you put yourself at risk. The games must go on.
    Exactly. Put a disclaimer on the tickets saying the buyer assumes all risk and the NCAA is covered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me if the cases go up and people are asymptomatic that's more reason to open up because it means the virus has weakened.
    ^^^^The virus appears to be either getting weaker or we are testing more people....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I am by no means medically qualified in any area, but it seems to me that one of two things have happened. Either there are a whole lot of people who are asymptomatic carriers or there have been a lot of false tests. Thoughts?
    I'm of the belief that it is false tests.

Abbott Labs (the one the President touts) test has shown to have a false negative rate of 48% - which is HORRENDOUS!!!!
    (https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...3-994e99d0ef97)

We were so unprepared for this event that we rushed testing and it hasn't been good. In light of that, you can also count me out for any vaccine that hits the market any time soon. I'll let the herd go through and see what the side effects are before I sign up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ^^^^The virus appears to be either getting weaker or we are testing more people....
    Good article on this topic. It covers both the optimistic and pessimistic view regarding mutations of the virus. At the end, it also speaks to the resurgence of SARS in Toronto and how they saw a second wave.

https://elemental.medium.com/could-t...s-928f2ad33f89

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    could it be because more people are getting tested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yes.
    Well ... I'd like to believe this but I kinda think it ain't all cause of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Good article on this topic. It covers both the optimistic and pessimistic view regarding mutations of the virus. At the end, it also speaks to the resurgence of SARS in Toronto and how they saw a second wave.

https://elemental.medium.com/could-t...s-928f2ad33f89
    Oh Sh*t, where do I get that SARS vaccine? What, we don?t have one? How long has SARS been around?
    News Flash,.,, there is not going to be a Vaccine for Covid for years/decades...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Well ... I'd like to believe this but I kinda think it ain't all cause of that.
    It's not all because of more tests but a large chunk is. I know here in Jones county our numbers are up but they've also tested 4 times as many people in the last 2 weeks than they did the previous month.

vCash
    My pregnant wife was in the hospital alone for 4 days with this and we absolutely went nowhere. I run a business that doesn't cause a need for contact with others and her job is the same. And she still got it. And she was already a germaphobe.

We just need to go back to living life and let people make their own decisions - no reason not to play football and put people in the stands at their own risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    My pregnant wife was in the hospital alone for 4 days with this and we absolutely went nowhere. I run a business that doesn't cause a need for contact with others and her job is the same. And she still got it. And she was already a germaphobe.

We just need to go back to living life and let people make their own decisions - no reason not to play football and put people in the stands at their own risk.
    Amen! Life is uncertain..... get busy living or get busy dying.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 06-12-2020 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

I agree. Making up doomsday scenarios which have no merit are pointless and just scare people unnecessarily. Deal with whatever happens in the moment and don't worry about what "might" happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Amen! Life is uncertain..... get busy living or get busy dying.
    Love that movie! I agree!

vCash
    Why can people understand more test more positive cases. A lot are asymptotic and some are positive for antibodies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Why can people understand more test more positive cases. A lot are asymptotic and some are positive for antibodies
    Yep.

vCash
    I'm not sure where you'd find the data at, but we need positive % charted by date. I can get the total at https://covidtracking.com/data . Right now we have 19,091 positives with 214.493 total tests, which is 8.9% positive rate. It would be nice if someone had that number charted for the last month.

vCash
    I'm not sure where you'd find the data at, but we need positive % charted by date. I can get the total at https://covidtracking.com/data . Right now we have 19,091 positives with 214.493 total tests, which is 8.9% positive rate. It would be nice if someone had that number charted for the last month.
    8.9 of the 20K positive but we got 3MM in state and 6k have recovered. And only 250K have been tested. overreaction much???

vCash
    8.9 of the 20K positive but we got 3MM in state and 6k have recovered. And only 250K have been tested. overreaction much???
    Jeez... I'm all for opening the stadiums up, but I'm also wise enough to see it's very unlikely if things don't improve. Hell, how many concerts and conventions are on as scheduled the rest of 2020? Whatever though

vCash
    Jeez... I'm all for opening the stadiums up, but I'm also wise enough to see it's very unlikely if things don't improve. Hell, how many concerts and conventions are on as scheduled the rest of 2020? Whatever though
    It's not infected Numbers its deaths <70 and ICU. We aren't bad icu hospitalizations esp <70.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Love that movie! I agree!
    Yep on of my favorite movies. Hard to believe it didn't win an Academy award?