Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any insight into summer conditioning?

vCash

Any insight into summer conditioning?

I am a firm believer that games are won in the offseason. I was really high on our last S&C coach, but don?t know what to think of the new guy (he looks like he could shed a few himself). Curious if anyone has insight into how strenuous workouts have been and also how our discipline is (something that I thought was down last year)?

vCash

Not too good. I've been lazy and eating too much.**

nm

vCash
    Well, I work out at the same gym as one of our players who went there to work out when he was home before team conditioning stuff began. All I can tell you is they are fired up about playing Tennessee.

vCash
    Didn't we just promote the assistant to head strength coach?

I remember Mullen saying it was the most important hire on the staff. The guy at Bama makes a ton of money.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Didn't we just promote the assistant to head strength coach?

I remember Mullen saying it was the most important hire on the staff. The guy at Bama makes a ton of money.
    Maybe the most important people on staff can convince ballers to come in and dominate the SEC at MSu. Just imagine if Mullen had one dude that wouldn't rest until the best WR and QB in the nation xame to state.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Just curious what is the big motivation for UT?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't exactly know. Probably in part because we don't play them a lot and it's on the road. We probably see it as a big swing game. We have a few players from Tennessee too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Playing for Shoop

vCash
    Shoop was blamed a lot for the UT/Butch drama. It wasn’t his fault his D stayed on the field the whole damn game...

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Shoop was blamed a lot for the UT/Butch drama. It wasn’t his fault his D stayed on the field the whole damn game...
    The biggest problem was that they had about 9 defensive players out with injury one year. Most were on the DL. Shoop was the hottest DC name in college football before he went to that dumpster fire. He is and always has been an excellent DC.

vCash
    I did see Story a few weeks ago and he is fit and trim and said they conditioning coach was really pushing them to workout out on their own to maintain stamina. I am looking for a good year from our Oline.

vCash
    I’d like to know how Stevens is doing in voluntary workouts. In the middle of it? Being accepted? A Leader?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I’d like to know how Stevens is doing in voluntary workouts. In the middle of it? Being accepted? A Leader?
    Every update Paul gets from players on the team is that Stevens looks far and away like the best qb on our roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timotheus View Post
    I did see Story a few weeks ago and he is fit and trim and said they conditioning coach was really pushing them to workout out on their own to maintain stamina. I am looking for a good year from our Oline.
    Which likely means he has been pushing this since before spring practice. That's plenty of time to improve conditioning, if the players actually did it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Playing for Shoop
    Ah, yes forgot about that. That is a good sign then if the guys are fired up about making their guy look good. Healthy locker room if you ask me.

vCash
    Hopefully revenge for shoop goes better than it did last year trying to get it against Mullen

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    It's hot

vCash
    They look in pretty good shape. See for yourself.

https://hailstate.com/galleries/?gallery=5125

vCash
    Thought this was worth a bump. I posted this last year and was not taken too seriously but we all know this was the biggest issue. Reason for asking again this morning.

vCash
    Defense played really good against Tennessee.

The offense, however........