Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 MSU Baseball...

vCash

2021 MSU Baseball...

The story of the team is going to pitching. Tons of quality arms: MacLeod, Cerantola, Bednar, Sims, Stone Simmons, Cade Smith, Mikey Tepper, Cameron Tullar, and Jackson Fristoe-WOW! Then we still have the old veterans: Price, Self, Koestler and others.

I have to wonder if we will find enough offense to make a deep run. Lost 2 big bats and haven't really recruited well with position players. Kellum Clark is the only freshman I can see making an impact. And then we were fortunate to pick up Dubrule. Need another OF bat to step up and a good DH.

vCash

Pretty sure Koestler...

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The story of the team is going to pitching. Tons of quality arms: MacLeod, Cerantola, Bednar, Sims, Stone Simmons, Cade Smith, Mikey Tepper, Cameron Tullar, and Jackson Fristoe-WOW! Then we still have the old veterans: Price, Self, Koestler and others.

I have to wonder if we will find enough offense to make a deep run. Lost 2 big bats and haven't really recruited well with position players. Kellum Clark is the only freshman I can see making an impact. And then we were fortunate to pick up Dubrule. Need another OF bat to step up and a good DH.

...has declared his intentions to hang up the cleats.

vCash
    C- Logan Tanner
    1B- Josh Hatcher
    2B- Scotty Dubrule
    3B- Kellum Clark
    SS- Kamren James
    LF- Brandon Pimentel
    CF- Rowdy Jordan
    RF- Tanner Allen
    DH- Luke Hancock/Kace Garner/Landon Jordan

That lineup wouldn't lead the SEC in hitting, but it's adequate enough. Especially with the arms we've got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 80 Dawg View Post
    ...has declared his intentions to hang up the cleats.
    Nice first post. No, you're thinking of David Dunlavey.

vCash
    Koestler will be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    C- Logan Tanner
    1B- Josh Hatcher
    2B- Scotty Dubrule
    3B- Kellum Clark
    SS- Kamren James
    LF- Brandon Pimentel
    CF- Rowdy Jordan
    RF- Tanner Allen

That lineup wouldn't lead the SEC in hitting, but it's adequate enough. Especially with the arms we've got.
    Like I said, need another OF and a DH to step up. We aren't the only loaded team with arms. UF is stacked.

vCash
    Nice first post. No, you're thinking of David Dunlavey.
    You are right, I was thinking of Dunleavy. Sorry about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    C- Logan Tanner
    1B- Josh Hatcher
    2B- Scotty Dubrule
    3B- Kellum Clark
    SS- Kamren James
    LF- Brandon Pimentel
    CF- Rowdy Jordan
    RF- Tanner Allen

Why wouldn?t it lead the SEC in hitting?? Who?s lineup is OBVIOUSLY better? That lineup and our staff will get us back to Nebraska

vCash

Watch out

Like I said, need another OF and a DH to step up. We aren't the only loaded team with arms. UF is stacked.
    For Kace Garner on either spot.

Dude rakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    For Kace Garner on either spot.

Dude rakes.
    Good to hear. I'm not very familiar with him other than I know he is an older kid and is coming from Juco. It's been a minute since we've had an impact Juco bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Why wouldn?t it lead the SEC in hitting?? Who?s lineup is OBVIOUSLY better? That lineup and our staff will get us back to Nebraska
    No one's is far and away better, but there are a lot of unknowns. Can Pimentel show us something different than he did in his opportunities this year? Besides the HR vs Oregon State, he was abysmal. Can Kellum Clark come in and immediately contribute as a true freshman? Does Scotty Dubrule have to adjust to SEC pitching? Can Rowdy Jordan avoid his seemingly annual mega-slump? Can the lineup collectively replace Foscue and Westy's power?

I absolutely think we can get to Omaha. In fact, I think it's likely. But I'm not going to act like we're all squared away yet. We've got to answer some questions first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 80 Dawg View Post
    You are right, I was thinking of Dunleavy. Sorry about that.
    No problem. When your first post is incorrect info, I've got to haze you a little bit.

vCash
    All I know is we freaking loaded and have an amazing staff to sort it out. Wow..it's gonna be a year.

vCash
    Remember that there will be other loaded teams as well. This 5-round draft benefited others as well.

vCash
    Going to miss Foscue. Dude turned into a monster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Remember that there will be other loaded teams as well. This 5-round draft benefited others as well.
    This. FL is going to be really stout and so will others. We will still be good but, right now, I am less confident in our Omaha odds than I have been at any point since before 2016. Going to need some folks to step up but without the advantage of getting summer league reps. Really could've used one of the 4 draftees staying (I'm counting Blaze in that but not Hendrick....that guy was never coming to campus).

Also, FWIW, I don't think Blaze Jordan is coming to State but I can't see a scenario where I send my 17 year old
    son to A ball for anything less that $4M. I think I saw where the slot for his draft spot was like $667K. That's pretty good money but after taxes, paying agents etc it's not what I would consider life changing. So, if he goes at slot, he will get $67k this year and the $300k each of the next two years. That's not a bad living but is that really in his best interest? It's going to be a huge adjustment athletically, and personally....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    This. FL is going to be really stout and so will others. We will still be good but, right now, I am less confident in our Omaha odds than I have been at any point since before 2016. Going to need some folks to step up but without the advantage of getting summer league reps. Really could've used one of the 4 draftees staying (I'm counting Blaze in that but not Hendrick....that guy was never coming to campus).

Also, FWIW, I don't think Blaze Jordan is coming to State but I can't see a scenario where I send my 17 year old
    son to A ball for anything less that $4M. I think I saw where the slot for his draft spot was like $667K. That's pretty good money but after taxes, paying agents etc it's not what I would consider life changing. So, if he goes at slot, he will get $67k this year and the $300k each of the next two years. That's not a bad living but is that really in his best interest? It's going to be a huge adjustment athletically, and personally....
    Goodness, $4 mil?

I don't believe you. I believe you'd do it for $2mil
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness, $4 mil?

I don't believe you. I believe you'd do it for $2mil
    You're probably right...but you see my point...it would have to life changing money to let my son make that leap at such a young age.
    Last edited by Randolph Dupree; 06-12-2020 at 09:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post

To each his own, but I personally wouldn't throw away my college years at 17 for that kind of money to live the minor league experience. Even if he gets $800K he will be lucky to clear half of that. And lately it seems you actually have a better chance of making the majors coming through high level college ball first. But like some have said, he's had going pro on his mind since he was barely a teenager and he really has little to no interest in going to college. I do think he cost himself a good bit of money by reclassifying. Had he come out next year as a SR and actually have gotten to play his SR year in HS, he likely would have been drafted a decent bit higher. Just a bad year for him to come out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Going to miss Foscue. Dude turned into a monster
    Yep, Foscue to me is a much bigger loss in the lineup that Westburg. Love Westburg's speed but he had a lot of trouble really doing much with his bat when we faced high level SEC pitching. Lots of Ks. I think we can replace him in the lineup, Foscue not so much.

A lot next year depends on the how Pimentel does (assuming he remains the starting LF). He was hyped a good bit from Fall ball but looked lost during the season for the most part before it ended. If he gets it together then we will have a strong hitting outfield with 2 guys starting for their 4th year and Pimentel. I think the IF has more question marks at the plate but there is potential in Hatcher, Dubrule and James. Not sure what to expect out of 3rd base at this point (probably Clark or Jordan). As for Catcher, I think Logan Tanner is going to be a stud and Hancock is a very good player as well. Those 2 should have that position covered well. I was surprised Logan Tanner was not on KOdawg1's lineup listing at all. Hopefully that was an oversight and there isn't something going on with him I'm not aware of.