Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 MSU Baseball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, Foscue to me is a much bigger loss in the lineup that Westburg. Love Westburg's speed but he had a lot of trouble really doing much with his bat when we faced high level SEC pitching. Lots of Ks. I think we can replace him in the lineup, Foscue not so much.

A lot next year depends on the how Pimentel does (assuming he remains the starting LF). He was hyped a good bit from Fall ball but looked lost during the season for the most part before it ended. If he gets it together then we will have a strong hitting outfield with 2 guys starting for their 4th year and Pimentel. I think the IF has more question marks at the plate but there is potential in Hatcher, Dubrule and James. Not sure what to expect out of 3rd base at this point (probably Clark or Jordan). As for Catcher, I think Logan Tanner is going to be a stud and Hancock is a very good player as well. Those 2 should have that position covered well. I was surprised Logan Tanner was not on KOdawg1's lineup listing at all. Hopefully that was an oversight and there isn't something going on with him I'm not aware of.
    I have Logan Tanner starting at catcher

Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    C- Logan Tanner
    1B- Josh Hatcher
    2B- Scotty Dubrule
    3B- Kellum Clark
    SS- Kamren James
    LF- Brandon Pimentel
    CF- Rowdy Jordan
    RF- Tanner Allen
    DH- Luke Hancock/Kace Garner/Landon Jordan
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 06-12-2020 at 10:23 AM.

vCash
    Yea, my bad, somehow missed C and misread DH as C. Senior moment I guess.

vCash
    Don't forget Pico Kohn. He's got a large frame (lefty) and he's consistently around 90 right now. He gets a couple more MPH on the fastball and he could get a few innings.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Don't forget Pico Kohn. He's got a large frame (lefty) and he's consistently around 90 right now. He gets a couple more MPH on the fastball and he could get a few innings.
    Am I wrong in thinking that Kohn is in the 2021 class?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that Kohn is in the 2021 class?
    No, you are correct.

vCash
    Brayland Skinner and Brad Cumbest will compete for outfield spots as well. Skinner may move Rowdey back to left field.

vCash
    Never heard of Skinner

vCash
    It will help us that next year will likely see offense less productive across the board. Hitters will have gone more than a year since seeing live pitching, which will hurt development and also lead to significant rust. Meanwhile, pitchers will have been able to throw like normal and will be better rested.

Next year will probably be all about the pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Never heard of Skinner
    JUCO outfielder from Northwest Mississippi CC. He's a late bloomer. Fast, centerfield type. He may or may not start but he will be in the mix for the other outfield spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It will help us that next year will likely see offense less productive across the board. Hitters will have gone more than a year since seeing live pitching, which will hurt development and also lead to significant rust. Meanwhile, pitchers will have been able to throw like normal and will be better rested.

Next year will probably be all about the pitching.

The good news for us is we have some veteran hitters like Hatcher, Allen, Rowdey, Debrule will be a senior and then Hancock and Landon Jordan will be third year guys.

vCash
    From NC and Omaha perspective: Love the pitching and the left handed hitting depth, but we have a glaring weakness with right handed hitting. A crafty lefty from Long Beach could basically no hit us with Foscue and Westy. LBSU is ok, but we were also stopped by a little lefty from Texas Southern, Loza

Kamren James will be a future #1 and Logan Tanner is good but after that we have no givens: Leggett, Cumbest, and an array of Freshmen prospects.

From a NC paradigm we need to get some transfers that can hit, basically guys that would have been 6th to 10th round picks like these type of guys

JC Correa - Lamar SS
    Jamal OGuinn - USC 3B

Undrafted but good players that bat Right Handed, upperclassmen, on Sorry D1 teams. Looking at the “undrafted” list, there are many such kids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    From NC and Omaha perspective: Love the pitching and the left handed hitting depth, but we have a glaring weakness with right handed hitting. A crafty lefty from Long Beach could basically no hit us with Foscue and Westy. LBSU is ok, but we were also stopped by a little lefty from Texas Southern, Loza

Kamren James will be a future #1 and Logan Tanner is good but after that we have no givens: Leggett, Cumbest, and an array of Freshmen prospects.

From a NC paradigm we need to get some transfers that can hit, basically guys that would have been 6th to 10th round picks like these type of guys

JC Correa - Lamar SS
    Jamal OGuinn - USC 3B

Undrafted but good players that bat Right Handed, upperclassmen, on Sorry D1 teams. Looking at the “undrafted” list, there are many such kids
    Agree that lefty pitching is going to likely give us fits next year. Very, very few proven RH bats in the entire lineup.