Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It?s been a rough 8 months for people with ?sources?

vCash

It?s been a rough 8 months for people with ?sources?

Football firing (Ended up being true, however not when it was first reported/rumored)
    Football injuries
    Football hiring
    Transfers (specifically Reese and JJ)
    Baseball injuries
    Baseball players staying/leaving

I?m not posting this in an effort to call out anyone. Please don?t take it that way. All I?m saying is there has been seemingly an extreme amount of false information going around in the last 8 months.

vCash
    So your opinion is that every rumor or story posted on an internet message board should be the gospel????

Really....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    So your opinion is that every rumor or story posted on an internet message board should be the gospel????

Really....
    Yes, Danko. We all pay good money to be provided accurate information here!***

vCash
    You’re telling me that Bert Stares play by play account of Napier getting the job and the play by play of Moorhead getting fired before the egg bowl (well getting fired immediately after the egg bowl) is normal message board fodder?

The other points were just to further stress the point.

But to answer your question, no, absolutely not. Everything is not the gospel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    You’re telling me that Bert Stares play by play account of Napier getting the job and the play by play of Moorhead getting fired before the egg bowl (well getting fired immediately after the egg bowl) is normal message board fodder?

The other points were just to further stress the point.

But to answer your question, no, absolutely not. Everything is not the gospel.
    Were you entertained by Bert's post regarding Napier?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post

Really....
    When he said "people with sources" i took that to mean credentialed media and the main guys on message boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Yes, Danko. We all pay good money to be provided accurate information here!***
    Sure do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Football firing (Ended up being true, however not when it was first reported/rumored)
    Football injuries
    Football hiring
    Transfers (specifically Reese and JJ)
    Baseball injuries
    Baseball players staying/leaving

I?m not posting this in an effort to call out anyone. Please don?t take it that way. All I?m saying is there has been seemingly an extreme amount of false information going around in the last 8 months.
    Football firing: Honestly in hindsight I'm fine with how it worked out because Napier wasn't coming anyway. I don't know what else to tell you but Moorhead was gone until he won the Egg Bowl and some of our boosters backed out for a minute- and a lot of people said at the time that if we won the Egg Bowl he might not get fired. Again in hindsight I think we actually handled it decently. We let him know he was on the hot seat, he wins the Egg Bowl so he earns an opportunity right or wrong to show us what he can do in the Music City Bowl and he absolutely screwed the pooch. And we fired him. Not really too far off honestly.

Football injuries: Not sure what you're referring to here? Tutor Gate?

Football hiring: Yes, Bert Stare doubled down. I think Rosebowl and this board were the first to mention Leach even though I didn't believe it at first. I think there was some interest in our part into Napier but I think Napier burned himself and honestly I'm happy with how that turned out too.

Transfers: I can't remember about Reese but I do remember a couple of people on here being pretty adamant that Jarrian Jones wasn't going to be allowed to go to Ole Miss. And they were right.

Baseball injuries: Are you talking about Ginn? We were spot on with Tanner Allen. CC is as good a source on Ginn and has been spot on with the fact that he had a nerve translation procedure and not a traditional Tommy John.

Baseball players leaving: I know I and others have been saying that Westburg, Foscue, and Ginn were gone. Shotgun and I and others have been saying that Blaze wouldn't be a first round pick. We said Hendricks wasn't coming. Looks like we pretty much nailed the draft.

vCash
    Bert Stare has inside info. Our admin went ******. Bert is a Bulldog and shouldn’t be hated. The hire just took a different path
    Cohen hiring the Pirate is really ****ing outside the box. I give him his due- I thought it was a ****ing joke. But he committed to it and put his job on the line with it.

The Chinese Virus cost us a shot at a Natty in baseball. This is akin to Pearl Harbor in 1941 costing us the Sugar Bowl and a NC shot

Lane Kiffin is an awful recruiter and OM is learning the hard way

The Pirate is recruiting like a mf’er. He is a very smart man and realizes this is his final shot. All I can say is he better start recruiting the DL better. That is what State does

HailState from Natchez, Ms. My new Home
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Bert Stare has inside info. Our admin went ******. Bert is a Bulldog and shouldn’t be hated. The hire just took a different path
    Cohen hiring the Pirate is really ****ing outside the box. I give him his due- I thought it was a ****ing joke. But he committed to it and put his job on the line with it.

The Chinese Virus cost us a shot at a Natty in baseball. This is akin to Pearl Harbor in 1941 costing us the Sugar Bowl and a NC shot

The Pirate is recruiting like a mf’er. He is a very smart man and realizes this is his final shot. All I can say is he better start recruiting the DL better. That is what State does

Congrats on the new job. What scheme are you going to run?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Air Raid.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I’m Dan Mullen Jr but with a lot more screens

vCash
    That would have been nice circa 2015-2017.

vCash
    And let me add- I also add the Al Davis that believes we gotta throw deep. Which helps your screen game. We will spread the ball and get it in the best players hands. Fun-N-Gun Generation 2

vCash
    And let me add- I also add the Al Davis that believes we gotta throw deep. Which helps your screen game. We will spread the ball and get it in the best players hands. Fun-N-Gun Generation 2
    Yeah. I don't think Dan threw it deep enough to be honest. I think throwing deep 1-3 more times would have helped make us a little better when he was our coach because it would have opened up some other things.

vCash
    So basically his offense vs. Joevester last year when we played UF. Fun stuff

vCash

Is this really going to be something some State fans say???

Shouldn't we somewhat feel like this every year at this point?

vCash
    As far as sources there is a man who makes deliveries to us that has a neighbor whose wife is a second cousin to a lady that has a friend in Kentucky that knows someone who worked in a company that provided office supplies to UK that knows an administrative assistant who knew Cohen when he was there.
    So when I need facts I got connections**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    As far as sources there is a man who makes deliveries to us that has a neighbor whose wife is a second cousin to a lady that has a friend in Kentucky that knows someone who worked in a company that provided office supplies to UK that knows an administrative assistant who knew Cohen when he was there.
    So when I need facts I got connections**
    When I need facts I have you guys!!

I forgot, I also get facts from my barber!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 06-12-2020 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Khaki shorts?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.