Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Mets have to think they can sign him. You don't draft a draft eligible sophomore who's already turned down money like Ginn in the first half of round 2 of a 5 round draft unless you feel confident you can sign him.
    Evidently they feel they can save money on their 1st round pick to throw at him. We will see.. Hope we can keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Evidently they feel they can save money on their 1st round pick to throw at him. We will see.. Hope we can keep him.
    Mets have 7.17 million in slot money and the value of Ginn's spot is 1.4 million.

The value of their 1st round slot is 3.3 million. High school kid, so they probably think they they can get that number below $3 million.

I have to think that they think if they can get Ginn a little over $2 million, he would jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Mets have 7.17 million in slot money and the value of Ginn's spot is 1.4 million.

The value of their 1st round slot is 3.3 million. High school kid, so they probably think they they can get that number below $3 million.

I have to think that they think if they can get Ginn a little over $2 million, he would jump.
    Well, if he can pick up 2 mil or so on an arm that's injured and without him even showing that the arm is back and healthy then I guess you couldn't blame him for taking it and moving on. Of course, if he does, in typical MSU fashion, we get our first and only 1st rounder to campus and, if he signs now, all we will get is one season out of him. And the last half of that one season he wasn't really healthy. If it weren't for bad luck....

vCash
    I'm thankful that he gave us what he did. It will show the value of high draft picks coming to MSU and still getting big money. I wish him much luck in his career.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I'm thankful that he gave us what he did. It will show the value of high draft picks coming to MSU and still getting big money. I wish him much luck in his career.
    I'm happy for him. He's going to sign. Hopefully, it's for around 2 million which will mean he didn't give up any money and he can rehab his arm as a pro. Pretty cool that he came to MSU.

vCash
    Shoutout to JT!

vCash
    Servideo (OM SS) went in 3rd. Kendell Rogers was pumping as a 1st rounder yest on the little live draft thing they were doing... ����

vCash
    Ginn will sign. He wouldnt be much of a factor in the Spring anyway- he probably wouldnt even pitch before April. He has to take the money and let the Mets rehab him
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Servideo (OM SS) went in 3rd. Kendell Rogers was pumping as a 1st rounder yest on the little live draft thing they were doing... ����
    Good. Need Keenan to go too. If we're going to lose 2 of our best hitters, I hope they lose 2 of their's too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Good. Need Keenan to go too. If we're going to lose 2 of our best hitters, I hope they lose 2 of their's too.
    Just need him to drop to the 5th, so recruits can see we have a better draft ability record.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Ginn will always be one of my favorite Bulldogs. Not many folks would pass up roughly 2.3 million dollars to go play for the college team they love. Ginn did that and we knew with him coming in it was a 2 year deal. Just bad luck for us that the injury kept him from being the stud he could have been in college. For the first month or two of his FR year we got a glimpse of what he could have been had he stayed healthy. Of course we would have lost his SO year even without the injury due to COVID-19.

vCash
    Blaze 3rd round to the Red Sox. Gotta believe he's going to sign. Hopefully, that's the last of ours we are losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    People on Genespage-

I just hope he finds Jesus!
    Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

vCash
    There goes Blayze. 89th overall to the Red Sox.

Need to keep TA. We'll have pitching for days next year, but we need hitters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Blaze 3rd round to the Red Sox. Gotta believe he's going to sign. Hopefully, that's the last of ours we are losing.
    He would be stupid to sign there. He was suppose to be a top ten pick at one point. He could be if he came to state and worked on his hitting. Dude can mash the long ball, but he needs fine running and finding a spot he can show the majors he can play everyday...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    He would be stupid to sign there. He was suppose to be a top ten pick at one point. He could be if he came to state and worked on his hitting. Dude can mash the long ball, but he needs fine running and finding a spot he can show the majors he can play everyday...
    Not sure if he would be stupid but he would be signing for WAY under his original asking price. Any kid though that has a big draft party when he is almost certainly not going first round sounds like someone who is pretty infatuated with going pro though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Not sure if he would be stupid but he would be signing for WAY under his original asking price. Any kid though that has a big draft party when he is almost certainly not going first round sounds like someone who is pretty infatuated with going pro though.
    Yep. Blayze didn't reclassify to play 3 years of college.

vCash
    If Blaze can play 3 years of college ball and become a top pick, instead of signing for 1 mil (just guessing here) now or 4 mil in three years, it would basically be playing college ball for about 1 mil a year. And get good SEC coaching and a college experience in the process. Not a bad gig IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    If Blaze can play 3 years of college ball and become a top pick, instead of signing for 1 mil (just guessing here) now or 4 mil in three years, it would basically be playing college ball for about 1 mil a year. And get good SEC coaching and a college experience in the process. Not a bad gig IMO.
    Time value of money + he may be thinking he can get to the majors in 3-4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Time value of money + he may be thinking he can get to the majors in 3-4 years.
    Yeah. They all think that. Reality is a little different for people not named Mike Trout or Bryce Harper.