Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do Ole Miss Fans Make of Kiffin's Recruiting Thus Far?

vCash

What Do Ole Miss Fans Make of Kiffin's Recruiting Thus Far?

All I've heard on the Bo Bounds show is that Ole Miss was planning on having a top 15 recruiting class this year.

They are currently ranked 80th with 3 commits, they offer a new QB about every day, & many of the top players in the country are already committed.

Are they just going to start cheating against & attempt to flip guys or what?

Not really sure what they are doing or selling.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    My money is on the “cheating” part...

vCash
    I don't know how they can start cheating again if they never stopped...

But, yeah...they will get busted again in no time.

vCash
    I've said before that their mascot should be a cheetah!

vCash
    They came in thinking that Kiffin's name alone would land them some studs, so they cast a wide net and have missed on nearly everyone because Kiffin isn't as good a recruiter as they think he is. He's dry and has no personality. Plus he has a member on his staff that killed a kid

vCash
    They are crazy negative on the Spirit Recruiting board. It?s become a pretty entertaining daily read! They are turning on Yancey in droves!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTFXR View Post
    My money is on the “cheating” part...
    They certainly tampered, but they aren't cheating right now like they did in the Freeze era. Not yet at least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    All I've heard on the Bo Bounds show is that Ole Miss was planning on having a top 15 recruiting class this year.

They are currently ranked 80th with 3 commits, they offer a new QB about every day, & many of the top players in the country are already committed.

Are they just going to start cheating against & attempt to flip guys or what?

Not really sure what they are doing or selling.
    When has Kiffin been a great recruiter without the help of Ed Orgeron?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    They are crazy negative on the Spirit Recruiting board. It?s become a pretty entertaining daily read! They are turning on Yancey in droves!
    They miss David Johnson bad

vCash
    If they want a top 15 class they will have to cheat their asses off.

vCash
    Here is what is interesting to me:

1. Kiffin said he took the Ole Miss job because they had won before & were in the SEC
    2. Ed Orgeron told Kiffin to not take the job because he wasn't the right "fit"

I don't think Kiffin knew why Ole Miss had won in the past. It's like he was so intent on getting back into the SEC that he didn't do his homework on why they actually won in the past & WTF Orgeron was talking about

vCash
    I've seen rumors where Kiffin has contacted the school administration and the IHL about removing the confederate monuments from campus because it's hurting recruiting. The statues will reman on campus, but will be placed in an area on campus out of sight.

vCash
    Kiffen recruited well cause of Coach O and Saban. Plain and simple. He gets the benefit cause he was under Saban. Hell I could have led a Bama offense with the receivers and RBs they have had to a title.

vCash
    Who gives a shit what Ole Miss fans think of their recruiting?

Ask it on their board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Here is what is interesting to me:

1. Kiffin said he took the Ole Miss job because they had won before & were in the SEC
    2. Ed Orgeron told Kiffin to not take the job because he wasn't the right "fit"

I don't think Kiffin knew why Ole Miss had won in the past. It's like he was so intent on getting back into the SEC that he didn't do his homework on why they actually won in the past & WTF Orgeron was talking about

The "fit" O is talking about is a scumbag like Hugh Freeze who reels the fanbase in with his good ole southern faith while knowingly allowing the boosters to do whatever the hell they want. In order to be successful, they need a coach to gtfo of the way. They need someone like Freeze whose dream job is Ole Miss.

Kiffin doesn't give a 17 about OM. He isn't willing to fall on the sword like Freeze did. That's why you saw them tell Lovett and JJ to scram. Their fans thought they were getting Hugh Freeze 2.0, but the reality is, Kiffin and Freeze aren't anywhere close to another.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I have no idea why people thought Kiffin was a good recruiter. Ole Miss hired a coach that has been fired from 2 elite jobs because he simply isn’t a good head coach. The guy had some decent success in the G5 but even there he had a losing season in year 2 in a league a good coach with Florida athletes should dominate.

vCash
    Part of the problem is OM fans just knew twitter lane kiffin. You would expect that guy to be a great recruiter. Truth is lane is shy, an introvert, and awkward in person. He will recruit fine, but he is not going to be knocking down top 15 classes left and right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Who gives a shit what Ole Miss fans think of their recruiting?

Ask it on their board
    because it's entertaining perhaps ? .... nothing wrong at all with this discussion - it beats the hell out of talking about Covid-19
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I have no idea why people thought Kiffin was a good recruiter. Ole Miss hired a coach that has been fired from 2 elite jobs because he simply isn’t a good head coach. The guy had some decent success in the G5 but even there he had a losing season in year 2 in a league a good coach with Florida athletes should dominate.
    If he makes it a full 5 years at OM I'll be impressed. I think he's gone after three. If he's not all in like Freeze he'll definitely be gone in a few.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    because it's entertaining perhaps ? .... nothing wrong at all with this discussion - it beats the hell out of talking about Covid-19
    some people just complain about every thing we discuss. It's odd. I can't figure out why they log on message boards to complain about discussion