Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stars and bars will be fired tomorrow, Stennis is the new flag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We didn't have central AC when i was growing up, we had window units and box fans but my dad would never turn the window units on because "he didn't want to run up his electric bill" lol. I couldn't make it without my central AC now, guess I've gotten soft in my old age lol!
    My grandmother wouldn't turn on the window units until at least mid July. Maybe. She had an oscillating fan in every room though.

vCash
    We didn't have central AC when i was growing up, we had window units and box fans but my dad would never turn the window units on because "he didn't want to run up his electric bill" lol. I couldn't make it without my central AC now, guess I've gotten soft in my old age lol!
    My dad was somewhat the same way, except he would keep the central unit at about 80 and keep the ceiling fan off because he "enjoys eating a hot meal, not a cold one". But when driving around town, he wouldn't even turn on the car ac OR roll the windows down to save a little gas. I just started telling him he enjoys being uncomfortable. Call me soft, I don't care. But I need AC in my life! Ha.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    My dad was somewhat the same way, except he would keep the central unit at about 80 and keep the ceiling fan off because he "enjoys eating a hot meal, not a cold one". But when driving around town, he wouldn't even turn on the car ac OR roll the windows down to save a little gas. I just started telling him he enjoys being uncomfortable. Call me soft, I don't care. But I need AC in my life! Ha.
    Yep I know exactly what you mean, my dad was the same way! My wife is going through what ladies go through as they get older and we have to sleep with the air on 68, the ceiling fan on and she has a personal fan on her night stand blowing on her! I can say I'm extremely thankful for central air because I don't need momma unhappy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    My grandmother wouldn't turn on the window units until at least mid July. Maybe. She had an oscillating fan in every room though.
    If you grew up like I did we were never inside until it was to dark to see and even then we didn't come in until we were just made to and it didn't bother us one bit. Simpler times.

My apologies for hi jacking the thread, yall.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    If you grew up like I did we were never inside until it was to dark to see and even then we didn't come in until we were just made to and it didn't bother us one bit. Simpler times.

You know, I was the same way. Had friends all over the neighborhood. Now that I have a 6 year old, there are no kids her age withing 3 blocks of my house. It's sad.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    You know, I was the same way. Had friends all over the neighborhood. Now that I have a 6 year old, there are no kids her age withing 3 blocks of my house. It's sad.
    It is sad. Socializing and learning how to communicate and deal with others is sorely missing now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Not a great day for sources
    Another bad day for sources.

vCash
    We had a window fan that sucked in hot, humid air. No AC at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Georgia removed the stars and bars but just replaced it with 13 stars (the confederacy).
    Uh, no. The 13 stars represent the 13 original colonies. Georgia was one of those colonies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We had a window fan that sucked in hot, humid air. No AC at all.
    Growing up we had an attic fan (or house fan; whatever they're called). But we lived in Winterville, north of Greenville, so it only helped enough to keep you from dying from dehydration as you slept.

vCash

Yep, big difference in the culture now and back in the 70s and 80s. Same could also be said from that generation to the 40s and 50s too but the jump from when I few up to the 2000s is another universe of different.

When my kids were smaller early 2000s, when we planted out garden, I had my kids take their shoes off and run in the fresh dirt just to know how it feels and smell the dirt. Any of you young guys have not done it, might want to try it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep, big difference in the culture now and back in the 70s and 80s. Same could also be said from that generation to the 40s and 50s too but the jump from when I few up to the 2000s is another universe of different.

When my kids were smaller early 2000s, when we planted out garden, I had my kids take their shoes off and run in the fresh dirt just to know how it feels and smell the dirt. Any of you young guys have not done it, might want to try it.
    Yep, agreed and I didn't wear shoes very often as a kid.

vCash
    Yes, yes, yes! When I lived in Los Angeles for a couple of years back in the 80's and people found out i was from Mississippi they actually asked me if we indoor plumbing lol, and they were shocked to learn that I was very adept in working with computers. It's amazing what we can learn from each other when we stop being fearful and actually reach out to others who are different with real communication and dialogue. You actually find out there's a ton of great and interesting people in this world. I was born here and spent the majority of my life here and I'm proud to be a Mississippi boy.
    Had a kid I played ball with from CA when I was in the Rays organization that was shocked to find out that we did in fact have McDonalds and paved roads. I was dumbfounded.

vCash
    Keep the flag as is

vCash

This was me!!! And I was filthy when I came in!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Had a kid I played ball with from CA when I was in the Rays organization that was shocked to find out that we did in fact have McDonalds and paved roads. I was dumbfounded.
    I had to do some work for professional school in Washington state. They thought I lived in an antebellum home. Maybe they thought I was stuck up or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I had to do some work for professional school in Washington state. They thought I lived in an antebellum home. Maybe they thought I was stuck up or something.
    You can't say that now. It's "A"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    It's is seriously amazing the thoughts people have about us

Banned
    vCash
    To refocus the topic. Sounds like MS Flag is up next for NASCAR chopping block.

It's crazy to me that NASCAR is more progressive looking than any other sport (especially the NBA). Ever since Brian France got that DUI, NASCAR leadership has improved tenfold and started making the right moves.

Now if they'd only axe that stupid playoffs and keep the no practice format. We'd be set and we'd have tons of midweek racing opportunities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I've never had strong feelings about it one way or the other, other than I usually have a very strong dislike for anyone who has strong feelings about it one way or the other.

Add to that, it's 2020 and I can agree that it's probably long overdue.
    Well said. I'm with you