Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars and bars will be fired tomorrow, Stennis is the new flag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monroedawg5646 View Post
    What if you take the current flag and remove the confederate symbol and replace of with the state seal in blue. Wallah. My opinion, but the Stennis flag is dog shit, and probably won?t pass if taken to a vote. I think a major problem with the vote last time was that the alternative was absolutely terrible.
    Or we can take the first national flag of the confederacy like GA did and put our state seal in the middle. Man those folks are really stupid*****. A good compromise would be the Magnolia Tree flag. The rebel battle flag is gone and we are still representing history.

By the way the Stennis flag is ugly. Give us options.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-10-2020 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Not to go too far down this rabbit hole BUT I have to address a couple things. I work with poor black kids as well as successful black colleagues and I will say this, each individual has a choice to make about their own success in life. The people I work with will tell you the same thing. Now, if you want to say that for a middle class white person like myself that choice was easier then I’d agree. It is extremely tough for a young black male to choose his own education and success over being accepted by their peers. And to be honest I thing there are a lot of things that go into that other than our flag and what it means to some people. Go to the inner city of pretty much any large metropolitan area and you’re going to see the exact same thing goin on as you see in the heart of the Deep South. So I have a hard time saying that the current south and our current flag are solely to blame. In fact I’d say that the available avenues to success for black kids in particular are vast and highly available to the individuals wanting to take advantage. I could go on but I don’t wanna ruin the thread.
    Well said sir!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Or we can take the first national flag of the confederacy like GA did and put our state seal in the middle. Man those folks are really stupid*****. A good compromise would be the Magnolia Tree flag. The rebel battle flag is gone and we are still representing history.

The new flag needs a magnolia. We are the Magnolia state. South Carolina is the Palmetto state and has a palmetto on their flag. It's too easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post

I agree. Stennis sucks. Saw a nice flag on Twitter. Magnolia flower in the middle, stars all around the flower, red vertical bar on one end, blue on the other, and border thinly trimmed in gold. Much better than Stennis to me

vCash
    Yeah I agree the Stennis flag SUCKS. Change ours, so be it but give us some options I dont see why thats the default I do not give a damn that shes the daughter of that old senator. I think people would be alot more interested in something new if it wasnt a black and white decision between our current one and some lame flag that looks like its a default image for a screen print t-shirt you'd find in target just my two cents. Also Id like to see us work in the Mississippi in the font thats used on our welcome signs and everything else, always thought that looked cool.

vCash
    Please let this be true. Do the right thing, Mississippi. No more loser's flag.

vCash
    Wasn’t tunsil smokin weed with the confederate flag in the background? I guess he didn’t care if those college kids were racist as long as they provided him some reefer...

vCash
    I agree with a lot of you guys about the Stennis Flag. It's pretty lame. I do like the idea of a magnolia being on the flag, we are, as previously stated, the Magnolia State. I'd like to see some concepts that include the Biloxi Lighthouse, even though we're not really known for our coast (other than bad things happening down there).

vCash
    Devil's advocate. Georgia changed its flag and South Carolina removed the Confederate flag from their Capital. Several states removed Confederate monuments. Not one thing has changed in race relations. We can change the flag, but not one person's beliefs. If it makes you feel like you've accomplished something, great. New flag, but nothing has changed. Fire away.

vCash
    By the way, how do you post a photo on this site

vCash
    Georgia removed the stars and bars but just replaced it with 13 stars (the confederacy).

vCash
    If im not mistaken I believe Bert missed again.

vCash
    Bert got me the first time. Not this one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If im not mistaken I believe Bert missed again.
    I'm beginning to think Bert has been going for the reverse jinx all along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Devil's advocate. Georgia changed its flag and South Carolina removed the Confederate flag from their Capital. Several states removed Confederate monuments. Not one thing has changed in race relations. We can change the flag, but not one person's beliefs. If it makes you feel like you've accomplished something, great. New flag, but nothing has changed. Fire away.
    Technically GA just went to another confederate flag. All the other southern states are flying the flag thier state troops marched under during the civil war.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Oh no not this Bert Stare stuff again! Billy Napier will be next governor lol
    Hahahaha!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm beginning to think Bert has been going for the reverse jinx all along.
    I believe you're right .

vCash
    Not seeing much looting and rioting going on in Mississippi. Come to think of it, since our President threatened military involvement the rioters chilled. Just protesting now for the most part. Funny how that works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Not seeing much looting and rioting going on in Mississippi. Come to think of it, since our President threatened military involvement the rioters chilled. Just protesting now for the most part. Funny how that works.
    I think it's pretty cool that the people of our state have done it the right way. There's a lot of awesome folks here.