Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Bama WR in the Portal

vCash

Another Bama WR in the Portal

Do you go get him?

Maybe cut someone to get another scholly?

https://247sports.com/Player/Chadarius-Townsend-83802/
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We don't need to start cutting people just to take transfers. Don't cut the known to take a chance on the unknown. If we had schollys available then yea maybe take a flier. But we're at our cap. Let's roll.

vCash
    Could this be your slot receiver that you wanted?

We really need a couple of defensive backs more honestly. But I wouldn't be against taking him if he wants to come.

vCash
    He worked and played some as a DB at Bama too I believe. We're in need of a DB pretty bad depth-wise. Wouldn't hate it. Take him and see which side he works out better on. Either stick him in the slot or put him at CB. But aren't we at 83 now?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    He worked and played some as a DB at Bama too I believe. We're in need of a DB pretty bad depth-wise. Wouldn't hate it. Take him and see which side he works out better on. Either stick him in the slot or put him at CB. But aren't we at 83 now?
    Yes, we'd have to cut someone to make room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Do you go get him?

What a change of pace. In a world where bama has historically seemed to just cherry pick whichever 4 star they wanted from us. There is a possibility of us taking 2 from them. Need or no need, if he is interested, I would probably take him just because I could.

ETA: Add Lashley and that makes 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We don't need to start cutting people just to take transfers. Don't cut the known to take a chance on the unknown. If we had schollys available then yea maybe take a flier. But we're at our cap. Let's roll.
    Yup. If a sure fire playmaker entered the portal for some reason, then maybe you have a difficult conversation with somebody. But you don't cut somebody because a guy that played in 5 games last year has come available.

vCash
    Bama has been doing this for years.

I don't love it either, but you gotta do what you gotta do to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yup. If a sure fire playmaker entered the portal for some reason, then maybe you have a difficult conversation with somebody. But you don't cut somebody because a guy that played in 5 games last year has come available.
    Not sure I agree with that logic. If he had played in 5 games at UAB, then I would agree. I'm not sure we had anyone in our receiving group last year that would have gotten in a game, must less 5 games, at bama last year. If he's better, then we need to upgrade. I'll trust Leach to know if he's actually better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Could this be your slot receiver that you wanted?
    Maybe. I watched some Tulu video today & he could definitely fill that role if he can catch onto things quickly.

I just don't love playing FR that much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Not sure I agree with that logic. If he had played in 5 games at UAB, then I would agree. I'm not sure we had anyone in our receiving group last year that would have gotten in a game, must less 5 games, at bama last year. If he's better, then we need to upgrade. I'll trust Leach to know if he's actually better.
    But did he play 5 games at WR or play 5 games on ST. Heck Shavers played in 12 games last year, but only had 1 pass caught because he was only playing ST most of the time. You also have to look at where he played those 5 games.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Pass

vCash
    What's great about all these Bama transfers is that because Bama was able to make early enrollees, they all have two years left to play due to graduating early

vCash
    What's great about all these Bama transfers is that because Bama was able to make early enrollees, they all have two years left to play due to graduating early
    So Bama has lost a 5 star QB and two 4 star WR to the portal and they don't even blink an eye. Must be nice.

vCash
    There's a LB in the portal as well,,,, Benton, I think...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We need to do whatever we have to do to get the most talent on our roster.

vCash
    Pass.

vCash
    Do you go get him?

Is he twerky? ***

vCash
    Do you go get him?

He would be the one of the shortest receivers we have.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    So Bama has lost a 5 star QB and two 4 star WR to the portal and they don't even blink an eye. Must be nice.
    This is the biggest problem with college football today and is why the pool of teams that have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs is only ever about 8 to 10 programs at any one period of time. Its the biggest reason why scholarship numbers for college football, both per year and total per team, needs to be cut badly! The glut of scholarships in football is the only reason that the elites like Bama and others can lose these high quality players that never get to see the field and never miss a beat.