Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 MSU Offensive Talent vs Auburn Offensive Talent

vCash

2020 MSU Offensive Talent vs Auburn Offensive Talent

Was just kind of curious where stood so I decided to take a look today how our 2020 offensive talent compares to Auburn's 2020 offensive talent.

What I found was pretty surprising & additionally, Auburn has a Hevesy type deal going on right now where their LT & LG are both former defensive linemen with the LT moving over this Spring & the LG moving over last year.

Any thoughts?

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Wasn't Farrar committed to Mullen for like 12 minutes before signing with Oklahoma? He and Racey McMath (LSU) were two big misses that year, if I recall correctly.

vCash
    It going to boil down to 1 thing - can our guys pick up the new offense and defense in 6 weeks of camp and the first 4 games of the season. We have the talent to win those first 4, but will we have the knowledge and comfort within the systems to do it?
    If we can, we are going to be hell come October
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It going to boil down to 1 thing - can our guys pick up the new offense and defense in 6 weeks of camp and the first 4 games of the season. We have the talent to win those first 4, but will we have the knowledge and comfort within the systems to do it?
    Leach Install >>>> Moorhead Install

Since the entire offense won't have to work a trig problem on the field in 3 seconds I'm going with it's gonna click early.

vCash
    Now do defense. Just curious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Don't be a party pooper. That wasn't my post.

I just thought it was interesting that on paper our offense is better than Auburn's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This is my thought as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Don't be a party pooper. That wasn't my post.

I just thought it was interesting that on paper our offense is better than Auburn's.
    Not being a party pooper jackass.

I was genuinely curious. I thought it'd be cool if we had more defensive talent too.

vCash
    Not being a party pooper jackass.

I was genuinely curious. I thought it'd be cool if we had more defensive talent too.
    Gotcha. That may hurt my feelings.

I usually only dive into projects that are biased towards what I want to believe

vCash

I usually only dive into projects that are biased towards what I want to believe
    Touche' lol
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 06-09-2020 at 03:17 PM.

vCash
    Let's don't and say we did.

vCash

I lol'd. Nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Let's don't and say we did.
    I mean I expect them to have more, but I was just curious to see how close it was. I've always thought Auburn was overhyped as a program. They've had a few good/lucky years, but you take those away, and they look pretty average.

vCash
    I mean I expect them to have more, but I was just curious to see how close it was. I've always thought Auburn was overhyped as a program. They've had a few good/lucky years, but you take those away, and they look pretty average.
    Auburn is usually just Auburn, which is really solid but not spectacular. We just happen to play like absolute trash every time we go to Jordan Hare. When we play them at home, it's usually a 50/50 game, but because they are more consistent than us, we've had some down years where we get blown out, not because they're good, but because we sucked

Additionally, I find that most times that I do comparisons with MSU vs another team, it's usually Auburn.

I do that because I believe an Auburn type program is what MSU should strive to be & it's realistic that we can be that. So I'm always trying to figure out where we stand in comparison to them.

We can't be LSU(no instate competition) or Bama(tradition & national fan base), but we can be Auburn. Sure they're location, stadium size, & solid tradition make them better than us, but I don't see a ton of barriers that prevent us from becoming them. At least I feel that those barriers are somewhat within our control
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-09-2020 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    I do that because I believe an Auburn type program is what MSU should strive to be & it's realistic that we can be that. So I'm always trying to figure out where we stand in comparison to them.

We can't be LSU(no instate competition) or Bama(tradition & national fan base), but we can be Auburn. Sure they're location, stadium size, & solid tradition make them better than us, but I don't see a ton of barriers that prevent us from becoming them. At least I feel that those barriers are somewhat within our control
    I agree with you

vCash
    Was just kind of curious where stood so I decided to take a look today how our 2020 offensive talent compares to Auburn's 2020 offensive talent.

What I found was pretty surprising & additionally, Auburn has a Hevesy type deal going on right now where their LT & LG are both former defensive linemen with the LT moving over this Spring & the LG moving over last year.

Any thoughts?

Wonder how much more that is than Leach’s best offensive talent ever at either Washington State or Texas Tech. You would have to go all the way back to the OK OC years and even then may not beat it.

Is this the most offensive talent he has ever had as a coordinator or head coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Wonder how much more that is than Leach?s best offensive talent ever at either Washington State or Texas Tech. You would have to go all the way back to the OK OC years and even then may not beat it.

Is this the most offensive talent he has ever had as a coordinator or head coach?
    Likely. If this were Leach's 3rd or 4th year here and this talent had been in the offense for a few years along with a real a lot guy, it would be a playoff level offense.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-09-2020 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    Why isn't Schwartz listed? He was really good as a freshman. Auburn's WRs are head and shoulders above ours imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why isn't Schwartz listed? He was really good as a freshman. Auburn's WRs are head and shoulders above ours imo.
    I just used Our Lads. I could easily add Marks to up ours as well and Johnson, Cole Smith.

vCash
    I just used Our Lads. I could easily add Marks to up ours as well and Johnson, Cole Smith.
    Schwartz was their 2nd leading receiver last year in catches and yards though. Weird our lads doesn't have him starting.

I think our oline (assuming they can transition into heavy pass protection) is better on paper.

I think Costello is better on paper.

We're better on paper at rb.