Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So is everyone feeling wooly this morning?

vCash

So is everyone feeling wooly this morning?

I am!

vCash
    Me too.

I'm just anxious to see it live & to see what Leach draws up for collection of WR mis-fits to some degree. I'm not an air raid expert, but it really seems like we're missing that quicky, twitchy slot guy that is always open underneath. Maybe Harvey or Tulu can be that guy

We've got a lot of learning to do in a short amount of time. I could see us being a real disappointment at times early in the season & then score 50 or something vs A&M
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Me too.

I'm just anxious to see it live & to see what Leach draws up for collection of WR mis-fits to some degree. I'm not an air raid expert, but it really seems like we're missing that quicky, twitchy slot guy that is always open underneath. Maybe Harvey or Tulu can be that guy

We've got a lot of learning to do in a short amount of time. I could see us being a real disappointment at times early in the season & then score 50 or something vs A&M
    I think Hill gives his offense another demension.

vCash
    YEs!! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think Hill gives his offense another demension.
    That's a good point.

Leach has never had a RB like Hill or Marks, so it'll be interesting to see how he using them

vCash
    That's a good point.

Leach has never had a RB like Hill or Marks, so it'll be interesting to see how he using them
    My guess is that there are some future stud RBs that will be watching closely to see how Leach uses them too.

vCash
    That's a good point.

It will be interesting - Leach's best season at Texas Tech ('08, 11-2) his 2 top RB's combined for 1,460 rushing yards & 19 TD's and 850+ yards receiving with 3 TD.

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Rk Player Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    1 Shannon Woods 141 716 5.1 12 36 397 11.0 2 177 1113 6.3 14
    2 Baron Batch 113 758 6.7 7 45 449 10.0 1 158 1207 7.6 8

I think he recognizes where he has weapons and will use them. I could easily see Hill going 1000/1000
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It will be interesting - Leach's best season at Texas Tech ('08, 11-2) his 2 top RB's combined for 1,460 rushing yards & 19 TD's and 850+ yards receiving with 3 TD.

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Rk Player Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    1 Shannon Woods 141 716 5.1 12 36 397 11.0 2 177 1113 6.3 14
    2 Baron Batch 113 758 6.7 7 45 449 10.0 1 158 1207 7.6 8

I think he recognizes where he has weapons and will use them. I could easily see Hill going 1000/1000
    Honestly, that would be wild.

vCash
    If Kylin goes for 1,000/1,000, we're going 9-3 with a shot at 10 wins because that would be a historical type year.

I think Kylin can get like 1,000/650 though. I think he'll finish with 1,500+ all purpose yards for sure. And I'll go with 16 total TD's. 12 rushing and 4 receiving.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I'll say it again. B/c this is such a weird, ****ed up year we are going to see a very unusual college football season. I think we will be one of the teams to come out of nowhere and crack the top 10.

And:

vCash
    I would imagine Leach woke up with morning wood as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    If Kylin goes for 1,000/1,000, we're going 9-3 with a shot at 10 wins because that would be a historical type year.

I think Kylin can get like 1,000/650 though. I think he'll finish with 1,500+ all purpose yards for sure. And I'll go with 16 total TD's. 12 rushing and 4 receiving.
    I am by no means predicting that - but I do think that Hill has enough talent for either of those things to happen. Hill had 1530 yards from scrimmage last year, so topping that isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Hill is an NFL talent - and Leach has never had an NFL talent at RB. Ever. You give a mad scientist a new toy, and he will figure out how to blow shit up.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I want to be wooly. I am hopeful.

How many times have things looked like they were gonna fall into place, then we fall on our face?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I want to be wooly. I am hopeful.

How many times have things looked like they were gonna fall into place, then we fall on our face?
    How many times have we hired a sitting P5 HC with 139 career wins and track record like Mike F'n Leach?

It's ok to just let in all the optimism and get wooly! I'm wooly as hell over here! Lol

vCash
    I am by no means predicting that - but I do think that Hill has enough talent for either of those things to happen. Hill had 1530 yards from scrimmage last year, so topping that isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Hill is an NFL talent - and Leach has never had an NFL talent at RB. Ever. You give a mad scientist a new toy, and he will figure out how to blow shit up.
    I can't argue with that. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying if it happens, we're about to win 9-10 games and be a hell of a lot better than some people think.

vCash
    I think Leach may actually go against type with Hill and pound the rock some. If he forces defenses to account for Hill in the backfield he'll have wide open receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think Leach may actually go against type with Hill and pound the rock some. If he forces defenses to account for Hill in the backfield he'll have wide open receivers.
    Leach pounding the rock would be the most shocking thing in college football in 2020. He ain't doing that

vCash
    Leach pounding the rock would be the most shocking thing in college football in 2020. He ain't doing that
    That's why it's so ****ing crazy! Do what they least expect. With someone like Hill he can pull it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's why it's so ****ing crazy! Do what they least expect. With someone like Hill he can pull it off.
    It's just not him though.

With all I've read about Leach, he's going to be exactly who he is & he ain't changing it. Don't get mad at him for not being something he is not.

Washington State fans have warned us about this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Honestly, that would be wild.
    Last SEC RB to do that, that I can remember at least, was Dexter McCluster.