Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So is everyone feeling wooly this morning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I'll say it again. B/c this is such a weird, ****ed up year we are going to see a very unusual college football season. I think we will be one of the teams to come out of nowhere and crack the top 10.

And:

Top 10 huh? You been getting dano to run your simulations for you? *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can easily see how easy it could be for Hill to go 1000/1000
    Easy there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    This is absolutely the truth a leopard don't change his spots. I stay by my words the day we hired leach we will win 9 or more games.
    This statement will be parlayed into "everyone on this board" by a few IF Leach stumbles in year one.

vCash
    WOOL WOOL WOOL WOOL WOOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Nah, the World Health Organization has been running the numbers for me. So you know it's spot on. ***

Banned
    vCash
    I've got us with 10 wins. As of this point my 2020 predictions seem to be spot on.

vCash
    Yeah, we may need to pump the brakes. I’m excited but...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    This statement will be parlayed into "everyone on this board" by a few IF Leach stumbles in year one.
    I'll probably see some moron Ole Miss fan on Twitter saying Todd4State said MSU was going 12-0 this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Nah, the World Health Organization has been running the numbers for me. So you know it's spot on. ***
    I figured it was either dano or Fauci *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I've got us with 10 wins. As of this point my 2020 predictions seem to be spot on.
    In your own mind maybe haha. You way off on a lot of stuff. You probably running on a par to last year's football predictions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Sure, he just hasn't run the ball in 20 years so I doubt he'll start now

the RTGDF guys are going to have just accept reality with Leach. If you don't, you'll die a long, painful death. Just accept that we're going to throw it every down & be excited when we runs it.
    All those short swing passes you are going to see is pretty much an extended handoff. They just happen to go in the passing category. The RTGDF guys will just have to take solace in this and just consider these runs when they see it.

vCash
    I think anything over 6 wins NEXT year is gravy. New HC, new DC, new QB, whole new system. That will take some adjustment time. Luckily we have 4 winnable games to start the season to get things moving. With that said those 4 “winnable games” we are probably still going to be working things out which could lead to a slip-up. I’m hopeful that in year 2 and 3 though we will be able to start maintaining an 8 win floor. If we somehow win 8-10 next year then...oh boy...we are in for a ride.

vCash
    Dan did better than that

Banned
    vCash
    In your own mind maybe haha. You way off on a lot of stuff. You probably running on a par to last year's football predictions.
    Like what. I already linked my rough guess for covid and as far as predictions made in that thread I don't see too many others nailing how this would go quite like me.

I was wrong for believing a kid could bring the element that I thought we had long been missing at MSU. Same element people think the Costello kid can bring. Once MSU has that QB that can make all these decisions presnap it will take us to uncharted waters.

vCash
    Still worried about depth on D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Still worried about depth on D.
    Won't need a D when we go for it on 4th and kick on sides every time.**

vCash
    Alright having all this wool, just think if we had hired Leach instead of moorehead. 2017 would have been crazy

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Alright having all this wool, just think if we had hired Leach instead of moorehead. 2017 would have been crazy
    Unpopular opinion: We would have looked roughly the same offensively. Leach's system would not mesh with Fitzgerald at QB. Fitz is a very good athlete but not very good at making reads. A system that gave him full autonomy would not have been good for him. He needed a playcaller and just run the play as drawn up. Mullen stays for one more season and we go 11-1. I don't know any coach we could have called up that would have done anything similar with that personnel.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Won't need a D when we go for it on 4th and kick on sides every time.**
    My football wet dream is that guy from Arkansas's coaching philosophy creeps up into the higher ranks. Football is close to a saber metrics type revolution of thinking. Math ain't everything in football, but it should be a bigger chunk of the pie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Unpopular opinion: We would have looked roughly the same offensively. Leach's system would not mesh with Fitzgerald at QB. Fitz is a very good athlete but not very good at making reads. A system that gave him full autonomy would not have been good for him. He needed a playcaller and just run the play as drawn up. Mullen stays for one more season and we go 11-1. I don't know any coach we could have called up that would have done anything similar with that personnel.
    Agree with Fitz as QB looks the same. But if we bring in Gardner Minshew...oh my gosh I can only imagine. However, I don?t know if that would?ve happened because the outcry for replacing Fitz with him would?ve been outrageous, and at the time perhaps justifiably so