Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Found Shavers' Only Catch Last Year For Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Do we know if Shavers is more physical than Osirus?
    You realize the requirement to be "more physical than Osirus" isn't what you're making it sound like, right?

You can take the wait and see approach but just going off his physical stature, yeah I'm gonna side with he's more physical than Osirus.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    You realize the requirement to be "more physical than Osirus" isn't what you're making it sound like, right?

You can take the wait and see approach but just going off his physical stature, yeah I'm gonna side with he's more physical than Osirus.
    I mean he's 1 inch taller & 5lbs heavier that's not much if any difference.

vCash
    True. He's certainly more athletic than Osirus.

Between Shavers, Osirus, & Heath our odds of finding a good matchup have increased dramatically
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    All I'm saying is if Shavers last 2 seasons he had catches like these we'd be talking about him as a 1st rd draft pick. I think Osirus will he the #1 guy & it won't be close. He just needs those targets.

Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 06-09-2020 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    True. He's certainly more athletic than Osirus.

Between Shavers, Osirus, & Heath our odds of finding a good matchup have increased dramatically
    He's definitely faster. Is he more agile? Stronger? Jump higher?

Those are the questions we don't know yet. If the coaching staff can turn that potential into production with Shavers, Heath, & Tulu then we're cooking with grease. Those are the 3 most naturally talented kids on the roster.

vCash
    He's definitely faster. Is he more agile? Stronger? Jump higher?

Those are the questions we don't know yet. If the coaching staff can turn that potential into production with Shavers, Heath, & Tulu then we're cooking with grease. Those are the 3 most naturally talented kids on the roster.
    I agree. At very least, he'll compliment Osirus & take pressure off.

vCash
    By physical stature, I mean just their appearance and muscle mass. They can be similar height and weight but look at the 2 of them and you can't tell me they look like they have the same muscular build.

We can agree to disagree here. But going off their muscular build, Shavers looks more solid to me than Osirus does which leads me to believe he will be a more physical WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    By physical stature, I mean just their appearance and muscle mass. They can be similar height and weight but look at the 2 of them and you can't tell me they look like they have the same muscular build.

We can agree to disagree here. But going off their muscular build, Shavers looks more solid to me than Osirus does which leads me to believe he will be a more physical WR.
    He's more athletic, twitchy, & explosive than Mitchell. That's fairly easy to see on video.

However, Mitchell may have more body control & ball skills. We'll see.

To me there is no point in comparing them. They aren't competing against each other. Hopefully they both end up with 70 catches

vCash
    And I'm not saying one is better than the other. That isn't what IYOK and me were discussing back and forth. It was strictly about who would be more "physical" as in jump balls and stuff like that.

I still think Osirus will have a hell of a year and will probably lead us in yards. I'm not comparing them together overall whatsoever. Just that 1 aspect of their game.

Regardless, they're 2 tall, rangy WR's that I think will both have very solid seasons in the air raid.

vCash
    That catch Osiris made @ Arky last year was impressive.

vCash
    Osiris is my breakout candidate. If he can put together good tape and stats, he's got a shot at the NFL.

vCash
    That highlight video has me excited on Mitchell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What is exciting about Shavers is that he played in every game for Bama last year (special teams)

So this isn't a work ethic or attitude problem
    Guy I know that has Bama season tickets said this same thing to me last night. Said there just wasn't room and that they are bringing in so much talent at WR that talented guys like Shavers just don't get enough reps to be happy. Last year no chance to break through with the talent they had. But he said this year with Waddle and DeVonta, Shavers best case is still only 3rd most receptions. But with the other talent they have he's probably going to be fighting for 4th or 5th most receptions.

Said he hated to see him go but there just wasn't enough room for all those WRs to get catches and understood him leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Guy I know that has Bama season tickets said this same thing to me last night. Said there just wasn't room and that they are bringing in so much talent at WR that talented guys like Shavers just don't get enough reps to be happy. Last year no chance to break through with the talent they had. But he said this year with Waddle and DeVonta, Shavers best case is still only 3rd most receptions. But with the other talent they have he's probably going to be fighting for 4th or 5th most receptions.

Said he hated to see him go but there just wasn't enough room for all those WRs to get catches and understood him leaving.
    I'm coming around on this transfer portal.

We'll certainly lose some guys, but we are entering the greatest era of college football talent distribution in the history of the sport.

We just need to play our cards right & we'll be fielding the most talented teams in our history soon