Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the protest about the names "Ole Miss" and 'Rebels" ?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    It's time to end the state school with slavery ties in their name.

Where is the outrage and protests, let's don't let a good crisis go to waste.
    It's coming for sure. They already looking into changing Military bases and posts that have confederate names tied to them.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It's coming for sure. They already looking into changing Military bases and posts that have confederate names tied to them.
    How about:

Lafayette County College
    North Central State University
    Richard Scruggs College.....Scruggs College....Dickie University
    Central North State University
    Northern Miss University....to balance out USM
    Grove Paralegal and Premedical College

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    How about:

Lafayette County College
    North Central State University
    Richard Scruggs College.....Scruggs College....Dickie University
    Central North State University
    Northern Miss University....to balance out USM
    Grove Paralegal and Premedical College
    I like Dickie University for them. Shorten it to Dick U and it fits them perfectly.

vCash
    I like University of Northern Mississippi to balance out University of Southern Mississippi. That works for them. They could be the Powder Blue Eagles.

Banned
    vCash
    They'll become the University of Mississippi Sharks and dissassociate from Ole Miss like they did Rebel Rags.

vCash
    The University of Mississippi Big Fat Nasty-Smelling Fat Bitch Ass Trifflin Dirty Racist Ass Oompa Loompa Body Ass Bitches....I think is the perfect mascot for them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The University of Mississippi Big Fat Nasty-Smelling Fat Bitch Ass Trifflin Dirty Racist Ass Oompa Loompa Body Ass Bitches....I think is the perfect mascot for them.
    You said Ass 3 times and Racist only 1 time. Their Ass to Racist ratio ain't that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You said Ass 3 times and Racist only 1 time. Their Ass to Racist ratio ain't that high.
    Now thats funny!

vCash
    IT'S coming. Already one school in MS (Caledonia) discussing removing the "confederate" nickname. Just a matter o' time.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I just found this ...

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said his administration will “not even consider” changing the name of any of the 10 Army bases that are named for Confederate Army officers. Two days earlier, Defense Secretary Mark Esper indicated that he was open to a broad discussion of such changes.

“These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom,” Trump wrote. “The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars. Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I like Dickie University for them. Shorten it to Dick U and it fits them perfectly.
    You must spread some rep. Sorry

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I just found this ...

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said his administration will “not even consider” changing the name of any of the 10 Army bases that are named for Confederate Army officers. Two days earlier, Defense Secretary Mark Esper indicated that he was open to a broad discussion of such changes.

“These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom,” Trump wrote. “The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars. Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations.”
    To be clear, by "they" he meant people of sound mind and not tinfoil Alex Jones types.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ah, as Lee Corso says, not so fast. Let them keep it; it will be our recruiting advantage on them. That is how you take advantage of the situation on them, not help them get rid of it. Use it to play the wild card when things get tight on a recruit.
    ^^^^^this

vCash
    I just found this ...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Extendedcab again.

vCash
    I just found this ...

How many people knew those bases (Like Fort Gordon, Fort Bliss, etc.) were named after Confederate soldiers? I certainly didn't - had no idea where the names came from and never thought of it. Seems like you'd have to be somewhat of a major Civil War buff to know such trivia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    there is already an Dixie State in Utah.

vCash
    I am for changing our flag as long as it is not the Stennis flag. I want it changed for economic reasons. I don't have a problem with moving Confederate Statues to different places as long as they are still displayed somewhere. I am not for changing military bases names. Majority of people don't even know they were named after Confederate General and they are known for the heroic action taken by the soldiers who served there before going off to war. Also they are overplaying their hand. The riots, looting, the taken over of city blocks are becoming associated with the black lives matter movement and what sympathy the movement has gotten is going to be gone very fast if those Democratic Mayors and Governors don't get it under control and fast.

vCash
    Their name is not gonna help us in recruiting. Most kids don?t give a shit they are named rebels bc most kids arent looking for something to be offended about.

vCash
    John T Edges says it must go.

https://twitter.com/johntedge/status...49381513805825

"A thread worthy of your attention if you care about the University of Mississippi, now referred to by the nickname
    @OleMissRebels. Read this and reckon with the intent behind the Confederate obelisk. Just as that obelisk must be removed, that nickname must be retired."

Banned
    vCash
    UNLV in talks to change their mascot name from Rebels.

Ole Miss getting boxed into a corner here. Mississippi BearSharks soon to come.