Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the protest about the names "Ole Miss" and 'Rebels" ?

vCash

Where are the protest about the names "Ole Miss" and 'Rebels" ?

It's time to end the state school with slavery ties in their name.

Where is the outrage and protests, let's don't let a good crisis go to waste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post

I concur. If you ever wanna get those fools to show their collective a$$es and look like complete morons, this should be pushed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I concur. If you ever wanna get those fools to show their collective a$$es and look like complete morons, this should be pushed!
    Ah, as Lee Corso says, not so fast. Let them keep it; it will be our recruiting advantage on them. That is how you take advantage of the situation on them, not help them get rid of it. Use it to play the wild card when things get tight on a recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ah, as Lee Corso says, not so fast. Let them keep it; it will be our recruiting advantage on them. That is how you take advantage of the situation on them, not help them get rid of it. Use it to play the wild card when things get tight on a recruit.
    For the right dollar amount, a 17/18 yr old will ignore any such factors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    For the right dollar amount, a 17/18 yr old will ignore any such factors.
    Exactly. Money cures all racism if it's enough cash.

vCash
    True, never said it was greater than money but it is one more thing that helps MSU. Take every advantage you can get. Plus the more they have to spend, more likely they get caught or run low of cash or the less they can buy. It ain't rocket science.

Banned
    vCash
    And here I thought this was gonna be a protest all of ED could get behind. I'd march all through the Grove for this one.

(Though R2 makes fair and valid points)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    And here I thought this was gonna be a protest all of ED could get behind. I'd march all through the Grove for this one.

(Though R2 makes fair and valid points)
    I have been to the Grove several times and I am amazed those drunk bastards can find their way to the stadium from there.

vCash
    If we start rioting and looting and killing police officers, then they might change the name and mascot. Until then, it ain’t happening.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

I think they should work on excessive force and basic racial equality first. Focus on getting that closer to a more perfect union and then worry about those douchbags.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The only color that matters is green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The only color that matters is green.
    You nailed it. David Dorn. What color was he? Does his life matter? BLN is a ****in joke. An absolute joke along with antifa.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You nailed it. David Dorn. What color was he? Does his life matter? BLN is a ****in joke. An absolute joke along with antifa.
    How dare you disrespect the brave antifa soldiers who fought for this country and began the largest antifa operation 76 years ago in history by storming Normandy.

On a related note if you think antifa is a real homeade isis, Donald has some oceanfront property in Kansas he'd like to sell you.

vCash
    How dare you disrespect the brave antifa soldiers who fought for this country and began the largest antifa operation 76 years ago in history by storming Normandy.

On a related note if you think antifa is a real homeade isis, Donald has some oceanfront property in Kansas he'd like to sell you.
    You can’t even acknowledge David Dorn. You are a garbage human being.

Banned
    vCash
    As you can't say Breonna Taylor or Sean Monterrosa.

"Maybe if David Dorn hasn't been out past curfew then he would still be alive."

If that sentence offends you but replacing his name with Sean Monterrosa doesn't then you're the one with the double standard.

vCash

Dwight Eisenhower supreme Allied commander and architect of D Day was a Republican

My Grand Father in law fought In D Day, is a Republican. Super nice guy, speaks more Italian than English still.

They would not associate with communists in tight pants and superhero shirts.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Dwight Eisenhower supreme Allied commander and architect of D Day was a Republican

My Grand Father in law fought In D Day, is a Republican. Super nice guy, speaks more Italian than English still.

They would not associate with communists in tight pants and superhero shirts.
    No idea what any of that even means.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Once again he confuses confronting an evil empire (Hitler and their allies in WWII) to thugs in the streets of America rioting and looting American businesses (including mom and pop stores)!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Once again he confuses confronting an evil empire (Hitler and their allies in WWII) to thugs in the streets of America rioting and looting American businesses (including mom and pop stores)!
    Yeah, I finally put him on ignore.

vCash
    As you can't say Breonna Taylor or Sean Monterrosa.

"Maybe if David Dorn hasn't been out past curfew then he would still be alive."

If that sentence offends you but replacing his name with Sean Monterrosa doesn't then you're the one with the double standard.
    I think you're kind of missing his point. I have no issue stating that Sean Monterrosa should still be alive.

I also don't hold a double standard to deaths. Whereas the left absolutely refuses to speak on other crime involving people of color and just use the excuse of racism to right off any other crime committed by African Americans.

No longer do the actions of the individual matter. If a black person commits a violent crime it is simply due to his or her circumstance and systemic racism is the cure all answer from the left. That is intellectually dishonest.

I can't speak for most conservatives but I can speak on my thoughts. I am fine with the protests and I do believe we can do better as a country when it comes to police brutality. I also believe that individuals that commit violent crimes regardless of color or creed are also guilty and blaming systemic racism is just flat out wrong. People want to focus on the system instead of the individual.

We have 800+ thousand people in Law enforcement. There were 1,000 people killed by police in 2019, 88 of which were African American. That tells me that an overwhelmingly large majority of Police are doing there job somewhat correctly. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't look for change in certain procedures and come up with some way to vet these guys/give them more training. We should absolutely be actively seeking those things that could improve the system. But it will never be perfect because people run the system and people are messy/selfish/insecure/macho etc. So you will still have isolated events like we saw a couple of weeks ago.

The issue isn't the system. Yes, should the system be tweaked absolutely, but the argument to completely change how we do things just doesn't hold any water.

Now I think we could both agree on the fact that there needs to be prison reform, especially for non violent crimes and petty drug charges. Those people should never have to spend a day in jail and its a huge hamstring on taxpayer dollars to simply line some individuals pockets. That is something I am very much in support of.

I just wish people could admit that there is nuance to these topics and it isn't all cut and dry one way or the other, which neither side seems to be open to.