Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kellum Clark

vCash

Kellum Clark

MSU baseball recruit just withdrew his name from the draft. He's a guy that could start on day one and is a legit power hitting prospect. He's a draft eligible sophomore. Was likely coming anyway but still big news for the baseball team.

vCash
    The draft is Weds. FWIW.

vCash
    Weird situation. I think he's a better prospect than Blaze Jordan yet he never got that type of hype.

I guess we'll find out. He doesn't have quite the same power as Blaze but he's a better hitter and can actually play 3B
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's a guy that could start on day one and is a legit power hitting prospect.
    Preferred position?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Preferred position?
    I'm not sure what he prefers but I think he plays third base for us.

vCash
    That’s good news. I remembering Lemonis including him with Jordan and Hendrick when talking about impact type bats.

vCash
    MSU baseball recruit just withdrew his name from the draft. He's a guy that could start on day one and is a legit power hitting prospect. He's a draft eligible sophomore. Was likely coming anyway but still big news for the baseball team.
    A first baseman with the name "Clark" seems so right for Mississippi State. This is great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Weird situation. I think he's a better prospect than Blaze Jordan yet he never got that type of hype.

I guess we'll find out. He doesn't have quite the same power as Blaze but he's a better hitter and can actually play 3B
    I was getting ready to type the same thing when I clicked on the thread.

Blayze gets hyped bc he hit bombs in HR derbies. Which impressive, no doubt, bc it shows his raw power, but he can't recognize a breaking ball yet. Keith Law basically ripped him apart and said he needed to come to college. I agree.

But back to Kellum, I'm excited about his potential. I think he can push for 3B playing time next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I was getting ready to type the same thing when I clicked on the thread.

Blayze gets hyped bc he hit bombs in HR derbies. Which impressive, no doubt, bc it shows his raw power, but he can't recognize a breaking ball yet. Keith Law basically ripped him apart and said he needed to come to college. I agree.

But back to Kellum, I'm excited about his potential. I think he can push for 3B playing time next year.
    MLB website said the same about Blaze in the prospect Bios. They said his showcases were brutal vs the elite pitchers of his age group. Not saying this to down-trod the kid...it could be that the Hype got into his head that HRs and he did not want to hit any singles.

vCash
    Great news on Clark. Very anxious about the draft and it?s impact on the future, as I know everyone is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    MLB website said the same about Blaze in the prospect Bios. They said his showcases were brutal vs the elite pitchers of his age group. Not saying this to down-trod the kid...it could be that the Hype got into his head that HRs and he did not want to hit any singles.
    Home run derby is different than a game. Blaze is still a great prospect though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Great news on Clark. Very anxious about the draft and it?s impact on the future, as I know everyone is.
    Good news is it's five rounds so it should be cut and dried as to where MSU players stand.

vCash
    Basically, outside of Ginn, if any of our players or prospects are drafted we can assume they are gone correct? I think it’s likely Ginn is gone as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Basically, outside of Ginn, if any of our players or prospects are drafted we can assume they are gone correct? I think it’s likely Ginn is gone as well.
    If Ginn is drafted I would assume he came to terms with some agreement with a team before he was drafted.

vCash
    If Ginn is drafted I would assume he came to terms with some agreement with a team before he was drafted.
    I’m sure you are right and I would imagine that anyone who is drafted might be in the same boat. I can’t imagine teams taking risks in a 5 round draft.

vCash
    Matt Wyatt stated that everything that he has heard is that JT is gone.

Basically stated his family told him that

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well good for JT. Hope he wins a Cy Young or two.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    One thing I want to add is a big reason why Clark is coming to MSU is because we are the school that he has always dreamed of playing for. This is a GREAT thing because in the past we would get commitments from players that wanted to play for MSU but they would more often than not choose MLB over MSU when it came down to it. LSU does this quite a bit because of the local pride in their team and I'm starting to see that more and more with MSU. Ginn is another example. We'll see what happens with Blaze Jordan but the fact that he is committed to us and has a high number speaks a lot about our program.

vCash
    I would rather have Clark than Blayze. If we loose one, take Blayze. I think Blayze has it in his head he is the next Bryce Harper, but he isn’t. Yes, he had power, but nowhere close the speed or glove as Harper. He needs college ball badly.

On Ginn, I’m kinda torn on him. If I was him, I’d take the money and run. However, I think he needs one more yr to show he is back and can handle a work load. Even Kieth Law said he didn’t really know about him. I’m just torn on him.

I think realistically we loose Ginn, Westy, Hendricks, and Foscue. I think the rest come to school. NOw I could also see Blayze going the Harper route and going JuCo, which would be a HUGE mistake to me. He either needs to take the money and run, or come to school, put the work in, and become a legit 1st rounder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I would rather have Clark than Blayze. If we loose one, take Blayze. I think Blayze has it in his head he is the next Bryce Harper, but he isn’t. Yes, he had power, but nowhere close the speed or glove as Harper. He needs college ball badly.

On Ginn, I’m kinda torn on him. If I was him, I’d take the money and run. However, I think he needs one more yr to show he is back and can handle a work load. Even Kieth Law said he didn’t really know about him. I’m just torn on him.

I think realistically we loose Ginn, Westy, Hendricks, and Foscue. I think the rest come to school. NOw I could also see Blayze going the Harper route and going JuCo, which would be a HUGE mistake to me. He either needs to take the money and run, or come to school, put the work in, and become a legit 1st rounder.
    If Ginn comes back it won’t be to see if he can handle a starters work load. He probably wouldn’t even pitch for us until March or April and I highly doubt we would be counting on him to be a starter at that point.