Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kellum Clark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I would rather have Clark than Blayze. If we loose one, take Blayze. I think Blayze has it in his head he is the next Bryce Harper, but he isn’t. Yes, he had power, but nowhere close the speed or glove as Harper. He needs college ball badly.

On Ginn, I’m kinda torn on him. If I was him, I’d take the money and run. However, I think he needs one more yr to show he is back and can handle a work load. Even Kieth Law said he didn’t really know about him. I’m just torn on him.

I think realistically we loose Ginn, Westy, Hendricks, and Foscue. I think the rest come to school. NOw I could also see Blayze going the Harper route and going JuCo, which would be a HUGE mistake to me. He either needs to take the money and run, or come to school, put the work in, and become a legit 1st rounder.
    I don't think it's that with Blaze. I think it comes down to how much he wants and who is willing to pay it. IF anyone is willing to pay it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    If Ginn comes back it won’t be to see if he can handle a starters work load. He probably wouldn’t even pitch for us until March or April and I highly doubt we would be counting on him to be a starter at that point.
    I've heard rumors that he may hit and close once a weekend if he comes back. Most people think he is going pro though.

vCash
    I read a recent interview with Lemonis (last few days) on si.com. He was sure Foscue and Westburg are gone. On J.T., he sounded iffy but I got the feeling that he is expecting Ginn to go. I think the fact that we haven’t heard anything from Commerce on the subject in awhile speaks volumes.

He said if JT were to come back, we could expect one inning stints from him (he didn’t mention in what role or for how long but I don’t think he knows at this point).

He didn’t go into much detail on Jordan but I think they are just unsure about where he is going to be picked.

He said something that made me think that we have a few other signees (probably the pitchers) that a team might take a flier on and it is possible that we lose someone that we as fans are counting on having. I didn’t get the idea that the chances are high but it is a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Basically, outside of Ginn, if any of our players or prospects are drafted we can assume they are gone correct? I think it?s likely Ginn is gone as well.
    Our staff doesn't expect Ginn back... I get it they don't draft, so it's possible. But I don't see what good it does for him. He won't pitch much next year. So is he going to come back for his 2nd jr year when he's 23? Can't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Our staff doesn't expect Ginn back... I get it they don't draft, so it's possible. But I don't see what good it does for him. He won't pitch much next year. So is he going to come back for his 2nd jr year when he's 23? Can't see it.
    Yea, it would have been MUCH better for MSU had Ginn had the elbow surgery either last year right after the CWS or at worst last Fall. I don't know who was giving he and his family the advice that he could pitch through it but yes, by waiting like he did, he likely won't be able to help us much during the regular season next year even if he came back. So we are kind of screwed on Ginn either way. The only real silver lining if he did come back is that he might be ready to go full tilt during post-season which would certainly help. As far as the draft, I will personally be surprised if he actually goes first round. I could see him not coming off the board until later in the second round and maybe even third. Its very likely that if he wants to go he will have to sign this go round for less than he was offered out of HS.

vCash
    The only thing I can guarantee you about Ginn is that Commerce is all over the situation. I say he?s 99.9% gone. Higher than 2 years ago. Reasons. 1) Less to gain and no time to prove it. 2) Taxes. Biden?s in if he doesn?t prove he?s invalid and taxes are going up. Especially on $2.5M/bonuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Injury bug really killed us with this one. I wonder if the whole Ginn situation will hurt us in the future with getting 1st rounders to come to college

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Injury bug really killed us with this one. I wonder if the whole Ginn situation will hurt us in the future with getting 1st rounders to come to college
    Well, on the bright side, if Ginn does go in the first round again we can at least tell our pitching recruits that even if they come to MSU and end up having arm issues they still have a great chance to go high in the draft. I really believe that Ginn came in to MSU with his arm condition. I've never seen a pitcher whose arm was babied more than his. He never pitched more than once in a week and normally was not allowed to go more than 6 innings. Pretty sure he never crossed the 100 pitch count and only crossed 90 pitches maybe once or twice in a start.

vCash
    If Ginn had a nerve moved, I’m pretty sure he was born that way. I doubt anything he did at MSU caused it. I think the fact that he pitched very little growing up kept them from realizing that it was an issue.

What bothers me is that so many of the baseball publications continue to say he had tommy john.