Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MSU Athletic Dept Employees

Banned
    vCash
    Again. I am not suppressing you. I have first amendment rights to say what I think of your use of your first amendment rights. That's not suppression. That's opinion. Freedom of speech does not mean you are free from criticism of that speech.

There were not curfews in place and violent police brutality to stop those protests.

Notice how in cities where there were riots that when the police left (for instance buffalo) the violence went down last week? While places like Seattle maintained. It's almost like a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

If I was talking out of two sides of my mouth I'd want laws to stop you. I don't. I just think those protests were misguided and the people who were protesting were sad for doing them for the wrong reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    If I was talking out of two sides of my mouth I'd want laws to stop you. I don't. I just think those protests were misguided and the people who were protesting were sad for doing them for the wrong reasons.
    So you support everyone's right to protest. Good.

But if you support the reasons for the protest then that protest is worthy of occurring during a pandemic, while if you disagree with the reasons for the protest then that protest is not worthy of occurring during a pandemic? You seem to think whether or not people SHOULD protest (should, not whether they lawfully may) is determined by how you feel about the reasons for the protest. That is not tolerance.

Banned
    vCash
    So would you say you're not tolerant of my levels of tolerance? That is not tolerant.

(See where this stupid rabbit hole leads? Tolerance isn't the law.)

I'm free to criticize and spend my money as I please. So is everyone in this country. You can have your opinions and I can say they're stupid.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    So you support everyone's right to protest. Good.

But if you support the reasons for the protest then that protest is worthy of occurring during a pandemic, while if you disagree with the reasons for the protest then that protest is not worthy of occurring during a pandemic? You seem to think whether or not people SHOULD protest (should, not whether they lawfully may) is determined by how you feel about the reasons for the protest. That is not tolerance.
    Just let him have the last word. The mental gymnastics he’s willing to do in order to justify his bigotry is at a point of no return.

vCash
    So would you say you're not tolerant of my levels of tolerance? That is not tolerant.

(See where this stupid rabbit hole leads? Tolerance isn't the law.)

I'm free to criticize and spend my money as I please. So is everyone in this country. You can have your opinions and I can say they're stupid.
    I Fully understand it's not the law. Just like it's not against the law to be racist. Just bc you have an individual right to be a certain way doesn't mean you should be that way.

I also fully understand that you espouse notions of equal rights and that we should view all people equally, but what you really seem to mean is that everyone should think like you, and what you just admitted to is your belief that if they don't think the same way as you then they should not protest in support of their beliefs and they are stupid. That's the narrow-minded BS that has stunted growth in this country for decades. You don't have to agree with one's reasons for protesting, but to tell them they are stupid and should not protest something they truly believe in stunts growth in this country.

vCash
    I Fully understand it's not the law. Just like it's not against the law to be racist. Just bc you have an individual right to be a certain way doesn't mean you should be that way.

I also fully understand that you espouse notions of equal rights and that we should view all people equally, but what you really seem to mean is that everyone should think like you, and what you just admitted to is your belief that if they don't think the same way as you then they should not protest in support of their beliefs and they are stupid. That's the narrow-minded BS that has stunted growth in this country for decades. You don't have to agree with one's reasons for protesting, but to tell them they are stupid and should not protest something they truly believe in stunts growth in this country.
    Total waste of your time going back and forth with this guy.

Banned
    vCash
    You don't have to agree with one's reasons for protesting, but to tell them they are stupid and should not protest something they truly believe in stunts growth in this country.
    You can protest for Mississippi to change its flag because you think it should one with pink hearts and fairies because you live there and those are your favorite things. Thinking that protest is stupid doesn't stunt the growth of the country. It's a valid protest that we shouldn't have a loser flag be part of our flag, just like it's a valid protest that people shouldn't be negatively affected by the governments decisions during a pandemic. (By valid protest I mean that it's valid under first amendment. Not just valid reasoning).

The solutions proposed, I feel are stupid. They are missing the point entirely. I'm totally on board that the government shouldn't **** you over during this pandemic. But protesting the thing we deemed as not doable instead of protesting for a compromise that fixes the new issue while not hampering anyone else is a much better reason to protest in my opinion.

My thinking that your reasons / solutions is no good isn't stunting growth. It's fostering a dialogue if you allow it. Dissenting opinions should be met with "Why?" not "**** you." That's the real stunting of growth. I did the asking why. If you want to do something that negatively affects me and my family maybe you shouldn't be so narrow minded. Ask, and listen when I tell you why. Then once you've heard and you still ignore that proves there was no growth to be had. Vice versa for myself. (Though I tend to believe that the only reasonings that are even mildly acceptable against my solutions are "too much government regulation" (fair, agree to disagree here) and "too much money spent" (money printer go brrrr, so I don't see this as an issue)).

vCash
    I agree with the asking why.l and listening part. And I agree that a person can listen and not have his mind changed. Where we disagree is the next step: I say, even though I think you're wrong, go ahead and peacefully protest over the reasons you deem important to you, while it appears you say I don't agree with you and you should not protest over those reasons even if they are important to you.

Banned
    vCash
    I agree with the asking why.l and listening part. And I agree that a person can listen and not have his mind changed. Where we disagree is the next step: I say, even though I think you're wrong, go ahead and peacefully protest over the reasons you deem important to you, while it appears you say I don't agree with you and you should not protest over those reasons even if they are important to you.
    In a vacuum I agree with everything here. In a pandemic where shit is haywire and we were supposed to be minimizing social distancing, it blurs the line a bit and I feel it's fair to shame people having protests for improper reasons.

We really seem to agree on most points except that last step like you said. Honestly wouldn't shit on them for being out but just specifically being stupid instead if the pandemic wasn't a thing. And we can agree to disagree on that blurring. I can totally understand why you don't want to blur it and see that as wrong.

See Jarius, this is what happens when you read someone else's posts and don't be a twat spouting off at one sentence. Progress is made after a discussion. We understand each other better and are actually a lot closer ideologically than you would have thought at the start of the conversation.

vCash
    In a vacuum I agree with everything here. In a pandemic where shit is haywire and we were supposed to be minimizing social distancing, it blurs the line a bit and I feel it's fair to shame people having protests for improper reasons.

We really seem to agree on most points except that last step like you said. Honestly wouldn't shit on them for being out but just specifically being stupid instead if the pandemic wasn't a thing. And we can agree to disagree on that blurring. I can totally understand why you don't want to blur it and see that as wrong.

See Jarius, this is what happens when you read someone else's posts and don't be a twat spouting off at one sentence. Progress is made after a discussion. We understand each other better and are actually a lot closer ideologically than you would have thought at the start of the conversation.
    Yea the only issue I have with blurring the line is I don't want to say whose reasons are worthy enough to protest during a pandemic and whose are not.

Good talk. God bless. Hail state.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Total waste of your time going back and forth with this guy.
    Yep.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-08-2020 at 05:56 PM.