Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSU Athletic Dept Employees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Go to the BLM website and click on the what we believe tab. It's original mission "was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes." It also says it began as a response "to anti black racism." So i think it was formed for two reasons, police violence against blacks and racism against blacks.

Regardless, the person I was listening to def supported BLM's purpose and supports black equality. Her issue was that she believed BLM is not following through on its purpose of helping black people.
    Promises are/would be legislation driven. The movement up until recently was twisted to be a hate group. There is no way legislative change could take place. I appreciate your openess to even have these sort of conversations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    If our Ath dept worked half as hard at creating a gameday experience and getting fans in the game on time as they do at getting woke points, we may actually get to watch the first quarter and want to stay the whole game. This goes from the top down I am afraid.
    Gotta do it. A Mississippi school would be top of the CNN news feed if they did not make a statement.

Plus, who is actually "pro-Racism" and "pro-Fascism"? It actually angers the ANTIFA terrorist for Budweiser, Boeing, and MSU to say, yeah we believe in equality under the law. Those guys are scouring for an institution to attack and wreck.

We should be pumping up that we have the US Grant Presidential library.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It was pretty disgusting 2 weeks ago that people got told they were pieces of shit for protesting for their right to put food on the table and not starve to death. I support everyone?s right to protest, to include BLM. It?s ridiculous that it took a protest from people that the main stream media sides with in order for everyone to get told it?s ok to go outside and live their lives. I?m sure in another week when the American people who have the attention span of a goldfish forget about BLM we will go back to being pieces of shit for not wearing masks and hiding in a bunker for eternity.
    I think you might wanna re-read that first paragraph of mine again and think what all that actually encompasses.

Because people were NOT protesting for those reasons two weeks ago. It was for the ability to do things of the ilk of getting haircuts. The people affected in the ways you describe were few and far between that were out the protesting. And the fact that you're protesting for the ability to work for less than just compensation instead of protesting for just compensation shows just how lost some of those people are. If the government was going to deem we couldn't be out like before it should have taken care of its people that it's meant to serve. Instead it was busy stockpiling tear gas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If these African Americans didn't play football, half this board or more would not give a shit what their opinion is. How far are you willing to go to show solidarity? If not supporting BLM means I can't be a good MSU fan, oh well.
    Different dynamic with fans and the school/athletic department. Players make the school money, and they?re around coaches every day during the season, so I get the coaches and administration wanting to show solidarity. And frankly you do have some people in our administration who are more left wing and would participate in things like this anyway.

I don?t think players care nearly as much about what fans think socially or politically as what their coaches and people within the program and the school think. And frankly as a fan I don?t care a whole lot about what players, coaches, and administration thinks politically as long as it doesn?t hurt the program. It really doesn?t matter to me that the Cohen?s are known to be quite liberal and Leach is known to be a conservative Trump supporter. And I say that as someone who is pretty conservative myself.
    Last edited by Captain Falcon; 06-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Promises are/would be legislation driven. The movement up until recently was twisted to be a hate group. There is no way legislative change could take place. I appreciate your openess to even have these sort of conversations.
    I've never known much about BLM until I started reading about it recently. I don't support everything it's website is promoting (like defunding the police), but definitely not a hate group. I just hope we can all start listening to others more.

One last thing: Our state is in a unique position to be the leader and an example for other states on how to love everybody and all live together, even when we disagree on things, because of our demographics (we are 38% Black and 4% Hispanic as opposed to a place like MN that is 6% black-we actually all live together every day!). Everybody just respect and love your fellow man damn it!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I think you might wanna re-read that first paragraph of mine again and think what all that actually encompasses.

Because people were NOT protesting for those reasons two weeks ago. It was for the ability to do things of the ilk of getting haircuts. The people affected in the ways you describe were few and far between that were out the protesting. And the fact that you're protesting for the ability to work for less than just compensation instead of protesting for just compensation shows just how lost some of those people are. If the government was going to deem we couldn't be out like before it should have taken care of its people that it's meant to serve. Instead it was busy stockpiling tear gas.
    What are you talking about? We had a barbershop owner on our local news begging the governor to open things up so he could run his business. You are a hypocrite and uninformed. Yes, people wanted to go out and there were those protesters out as well. So what? A right to protest peacefully should be the same across the board. Not just if you agree with the reasoning. We don’t get to pick and choose which ones are more important protests. That’s not how any of this works. A LOT of people were out because they were “nonessential” and not able to make a living. My parents could not work and could not get government assistance because salon workers and people who filed taxes by mail were not getting their assistance. Anyone that had a problem with them protesting and not a problem with the current protests is a piece of garbage. Period. End of discussion. The people that are protesting now DESERVE to protest over this. It’s their right as an American. A virus that isn’t deadly to nearly everyone in the country should not prevent them from that. It should not have 2 weeks ago either.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-07-2020 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    The issue is that this is only political if you make it political. This is a basic human rights issue. Do you really think people like Kylin Hill or 99% of the black athletes speaking up right now actually have a political agenda? Get out of here with that. There obviously is a systemic racism issue, or at minimum perceived across the board by black Americans. Now whether or not you agree with that is your problem. At minimum as a fellow citizen that claims "everyone is equal" you hear them out, but how on earth any MSU fan could make criticize our administration for supporting our student athletes in this situation is mind boggling. I'd criticize them if they didn't, but that's just me.

vCash
    I've never known much about BLM until I started reading about it recently. I don't support everything it's website is promoting (like defunding the police), but definitely not a hate group. I just hope we can all start listening to others more.

One last thing: Our state is in a unique position to be the leader and an example for other states on how to love everybody and all live together, even when we disagree on things, because of our demographics (we are 38% Black and 4% Hispanic as opposed to a place like MN that is 6% black-we actually all live together every day!). Everybody just respect and love your fellow man damn it!
    It wouldn't allow me to rep you but I agree 100%. Humans should be intelligent enough to love past differences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    The issue is that this is only political if you make it political. This is a basic human rights issue. Do you really think people like Kylin Hill or 99% of the black athletes speaking up right now actually have a political agenda? Get out of here with that. There obviously is a systemic racism issue, or at minimum perceived across the board by black Americans. Now whether or not you agree with that is your problem. At minimum as a fellow citizen that claims "everyone is equal" you hear them out, but how on earth any MSU fan could make criticize our administration for supporting our student athletes in this situation is mind boggling. I'd criticize them if they didn't, but that's just me.
    Agreed - the unsettling concern here is that ?racial equality? and stopping incidents of police brutality are ?political? and ?hot-button? issues to some people.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Because the difference in priority between the two issues Is immeasurable. To compare them in the same sentence is really difficult to do if you have any sympathy for the African American issues in this country.
    But if they did work that hard, maybe we would get to see the first quarter of the egg bowl in 2021.
    Although it's a shitty point, it still is a point. Not to say anything supporting minorities is wrong in any way. The point is still valid.

All that to say, don't minimize people trying to show solidarity with minorities right now. It is 50 years beyond time to fix that crap.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Perfect.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/pu...16BbImOJAdMPeo

?On the most extreme use of force, officer-involved shootings, we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account?

Do not let facts get in the way of a good argument. You have all been duped by the media.

This is beside the point how our athletic administration department really sucked at their jobs last year.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It speaks volumes to your character which should be your 1st priority. You probably should change your avatar pic. He's black you know you and you don't support black lives. There is no separation.
    Extremes are dangerous. You still claiming Garrett Shrader is a racist or you backing down?

Banned
    vCash
    What are you talking about? We had a barbershop owner on our local news begging the governor to open things up so he could run his business. You are a hypocrite and uninformed. Yes, people wanted to go out and there were those protesters out as well. So what? A right to protest peacefully should be the same across the board. Not just if you agree with the reasoning. We don’t get to pick and choose which ones are more important protests. That’s not how any of this works. A LOT of people were out because they were “nonessential” and not able to make a living. My parents could not work and could not get government assistance because salon workers and people who filed taxes by mail were not getting their assistance. Anyone that had a problem with them protesting and not a problem with the current protests is a piece of garbage. Period. End of discussion. The people that are protesting now DESERVE to protest over this. It’s their right as an American. A virus that isn’t deadly to nearly everyone in the country should not prevent them from that. It should not have 2 weeks ago either.
    What part of "few and far between" makes you think bringing up one example proves me wrong?

I swear some of you really perpetuate the Mississippi can't read stereotype and it's mad annoying. Be better.

And actually the way the first amendment works is we have the right to say the way you are using your first amendment rights sucks dick. What it doesn't allow for is the mandatory curfews and violence towards people peacefully protesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Extremes are dangerous. You still claiming Garrett Shrader is a racist or you backing down?
    I shouldn't even respond to your ignorance. Go back to neg repping and name calling there. I bet it made you feel good huh? Lol

Shrader's career is almost done at MSU just like your prehistoric mindset.

vCash
    Tony Timpa.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 06-08-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    What part of "few and far between" makes you think bringing up one example proves me wrong?

I swear some of you really perpetuate the Mississippi can't read stereotype and it's mad annoying. Be better.

And actually the way the first amendment works is we have the right to say the way you are using your first amendment rights sucks dick. What it doesn't allow for is the mandatory curfews and violence towards people peacefully protesting.
    What on earth makes you believe that you have any idea how many people were protesting because they couldn't get a haircut compared to who couldn't make a living? What's "mad annoying" is someone whining about people protesting about not being able to make a living (or being able to go out of their house for 3 months over a virus with a 99 % survival rate) and turning around and having a double standard for a protest that they support. It's "mad annoying" that there are people in this world with that sort of attitude. The BLM protests need to be heard. Whether or not the stats fly in the face of everything they are protesting (they do), people that don't agree that there is systemic racism (me) need to listen and hear out black people that almost 100 % say that is an issue in this country. I owe that to them. The same was true when my family could not earn a living and I had to pay for myself and my 3 kids and then turn around and pay for my parents to not go under because our government didn't take care of them. Just because it doesn't affect you or you don't agree with the stance doesn't mean you should be a piece of shit and tell people that their voice does not deserve to be heard through peaceful protest. You are allowed to say my opinion sucks dick. You should not say that because my opinion sucks dick I should not be allowed to exercise my right to a peaceful protest. Be better than that.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-08-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Because unlike some people on this board I went to both of my cities protests to have dialogue and support the one that made sense. 95% of the people that paraded around the capitol here just wanted to be able to go out again.

And I don't know what persecution complex you have. No one said you couldn't protest. They said you were disgusting for protesting in that manner for those things. Again that's how the first amendment works. The only suppression of protests going on are the police suppressing these. Notice how ones with less police presence are somehow less violent?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Because unlike some people on this board I went to both of my cities protests to have dialogue and support the one that made sense. 95% of the people that paraded around the capitol here just wanted to be able to go out again.

And I don't know what persecution complex you have. No one said you couldn't protest. They said you were disgusting for protesting in that manner for those things. Again that's how the first amendment works. The only suppression of protests going on are the police suppressing these. Notice how ones with less police presence are somehow less violent?
    Telling people that they are disgusted that they are protesting is in fact saying that you think they should not be protesting. You are talking out both sides of your mouth. There is more of a police presence at one because one group has burned down cities and one has not. Are you being intentionally obtuse? The national guard was brought in and the looting stopped, not the other way around. Shocker.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-08-2020 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    What on earth makes you believe that you have any idea how many people were protesting because they couldn't get a haircut compared to who couldn't make a living? What's "mad annoying" is someone whining about people protesting about not being able to make a living (or being able to go out of their house for 3 months over a virus with a 99 % survival rate) and turning around and having a double standard for a protest that they support. It's "mad annoying" that there are people in this world with that sort of attitude. The BLM protests need to be heard. Whether or not the stats fly in the face of everything they are protesting (they do), people that don't agree that there is systemic racism (me) need to listen and hear out black people that almost 100 % say that is an issue in this country. I owe that to them. The same was true when my family could not earn a living and I had to pay for myself and my 3 kids and then turn around and pay for my parents to not go under because our government didn't take care of them. Just because it doesn't affect you or you don't agree with the stance doesn't mean you should be a piece of shit and tell people that their voice does not deserve to be heard through peaceful protest. You are allowed to say my opinion sucks dick. You should not say that because my opinion sucks dick I should not be allowed to exercise my right to a peaceful protest. Be better than that.
    You have to love the irony of you saying both protest should happen even though you don't agree with the purpose of one, while he says your protest is disgusting and shouldn't happen. Come on dan. Tolerance has to be a two way street.