Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSU Athletic Dept Employees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Oh my gosh, somebody ban him.
    Ban me because I have an opinion that may differ from yours? Sounds tolerant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    If you think our ath dept has done a good job of facilitating getting people in the game and our game day experience has not taken a downward spiral then I need to borrow your maroon goggles. All I am saying is I wish they would focus on their actual jobs as hard as they do promoting social justice warrior issues on company time.
    I enjoy going to the game. i have enough sense to understand that I need to arrive early so I am not stuck in the line to inter the metal detectors the SEC is requiring us to use. Every school is going to have the same problem. We are only putting at most 60K. Think what LSU is going to have to go through. What do you want them to do about it? Give your solution. Better yet email Cohen with it but if you are not a bulldawg club member don't be surprise is he doesn't respond and if you are not club member maybe you should join and donate money to help with your solution.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We have a very large amount of athletes on campus that are African American, and coaches and programs are getting called out for slip ups related to this every day. You don?t want that to be us. If nothing else it?s a sign of solidarity with the athletes.
    Again, I did not say don?t try and tote the line to not ?slip up? or be supportive. I just wish they would focus on their day jobs half as hard. This last year was a cluster17 in every way imaginable from a game mgmt standpoint. Not sure why no one seems to get that.

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by MafiaDawg; 06-06-2020 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I enjoy going to the game. i have enough sense to understand that I need to arrive early so I am not stuck in the line to inter the metal detectors the SEC is requiring us to use. Every school is going to have the same problem. We are only putting at most 60K. Think what LSU is going to have to go through. What do you want them to do about it? Give your solution. Better yet email Cohen with it but if you are not a bulldawg club member don't be surprise is he doesn't respond and if you are not club member maybe you should join and donate money to help with your solution.
    My solution is to get more metal detectors. Ever been to a saints game and seen the crowd from champions square file in like clockwork in a matter of minutes? Bulldog club member, ticket holder, emailed him already yada yada yada. Checked all the boxes. They told me they do not plan on adding more metal detectors. Hence the reason for my bitching.

vCash
    True, and realize you're not going to be able to leave the tailgate 5 minutes before kickoff and still get in on time. And everybody complained about refreshment prices. Prices were dropped, and service level dropped. Presumably the parents don't man the refreshment stands like they do in tee ball, or even high school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    My solution is to get more metal detectors. Ever been to a saints game and seen the crowd from champions square file in like clockwork in a matter of minutes? Bulldog club member, ticket holder, emailed him already yada yada yada. Checked all the boxes. They told me they do not plan on adding more metal detectors. Hence the reason for my bitching.
    Where would you add them. Note: I use to sit on the East side and the North End of the East Side was never waiting. It was fast entry even 10 before kick off. I sit on West side now I don't know where they would put the Metal detectors.

vCash
    This is an absolute lie

vCash
    Where would you add them. Note: I use to sit on the East side and the North End of the East Side was never waiting. It was fast entry even 10 before kick off. I sit on West side now I don't know where they would put the Metal detectors.
    I would add them right next to the ones that are already there. Putting them anywhere else would not make a whole lot of sense now would it?
    Last edited by MafiaDawg; 06-07-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The best part about all of this is that there is no more leg to stand on with keeping the economy, to include large gatherings, closed down for any reason at all. Open everything up in full force. I’m just glad that we were able to go from “you are going to kill my grandpa” to “you are a racist if you don’t support protest gatherings in mass” in just two short weeks.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    We have a very large amount of athletes on campus that are African American, and coaches and programs are getting called out for slip ups related to this every day. You don?t want that to be us. If nothing else it?s a sign of solidarity with the athletes.
    If these African Americans didn't play football, half this board or more would not give a shit what their opinion is. How far are you willing to go to show solidarity? If not supporting BLM means I can't be a good MSU fan, oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The best part about all of this is that there is no more leg to stand on with keeping the economy, to include large gatherings, closed down for any reason at all. Open everything up in full force. I’m just glad that we were able to go from “you are going to kill my grandpa” to “you are a racist if you don’t support protest gatherings in mass” in just two short weeks.
    Kinda makes you wonder what's coming next, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If these African Americans didn't play football, half this board or more would not give a shit what their opinion is. How far are you willing to go to show solidarity? If not supporting BLM means I can't be a good MSU fan, oh well.
    It speaks volumes to your character which should be your 1st priority. You probably should change your avatar pic. He's black you know you and you don't support black lives. There is no separation.

Banned
    vCash
    Instead of preaching “can’t believe people are out protesting during a pandemic, it’s disgusting”, change that to “isn’t it disgusting that people have to protest at all, never mind during a pandemic, for their basic human rights in 2020”.

It's also hilarious to say you support the team but not that their lives matter. If he gets killed by a hate crime oh well next man up and "you better perform for the people who pay for your livelihood, boy."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Instead of preaching “can’t believe people are out protesting during a pandemic, it’s disgusting”, change that to “isn’t it disgusting that people have to protest at all, never mind during a pandemic, for their basic human rights in 2020”.

It's also hilarious to say you support the team but not that their lives matter. If he gets killed by a hate crime oh well next man up and "you better perform for the people who pay for your livelihood, boy."
    Yep, pure replica of Ole Mississippi.

vCash
    Keeping the political bullshit out of it- the AD does need to do a better job on football gameday.

If they can get the concessions together and the metal detector situation handled I will be impressed. Not to mention traffic.

vCash

To be fair, there is a difference between supporting black lives and their worth vs supporting the black lives matter group. I had the difference explained to me today (by a black person).

I would need to hear more about his position before assuming, as you did, that he doesn't think the lives of black people matter just bc he doesn't support BLM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    To be fair, there is a difference between supporting black lives and their worth vs supporting the black lives matter group. I had the difference explained to me today (by a black person).

I would need to hear more about his position before assuming, as you did, that he doesn't think the lives of black people matter just bc he doesn't support BLM.
    As a black person there is no separation. The group was formed for black equality. The media has spun it to create another narrative.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

It was pretty disgusting 2 weeks ago that people got told they were pieces of shit for protesting for their right to put food on the table and not starve to death. I support everyone’s right to protest, to include BLM. It’s ridiculous that it took a protest from people that the main stream media sides with in order for everyone to get told it’s ok to go outside and live their lives. I’m sure in another week when the American people who have the attention span of a goldfish forget about BLM we will go back to being pieces of shit for not wearing masks and hiding in a bunker for eternity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    As a black person there is no separation. The group was formed for black equality. The media has spun it to create another narrative.
    Go to the BLM website and click on the what we believe tab. It's original mission "was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes." It also says it began as a response "to anti black racism." So i think it was formed for two reasons, police violence against blacks and racism against blacks.

Regardless, the person I was listening to def supported BLM's purpose and supports black equality. Her issue was that she believed BLM is not following through on its purpose of helping black people.