Thread: JJ via Hodge

vCash

JJ via Hodge

According to Hodge, Jones said Mississippi State's new coaching staff asked him to move from cornerback to safety, which Jones didn't want to do. Hodge said Jones said he was "just unhappy" playing for Mike Leach's staff and needed a change.

Wonder where he ends up playing at FSU. Wouldn't It be egg on Shay's face if he ends up at safety. Some kids won't take good coaching advice.

vCash
    He didn't seem to have any issues with Leach or his position until a few days before he transferred.

My guess is he had no issues until someone from Ole Miss sowed seeds of discontent for their own personal gain.

Doesn't matter now. However it kind of shows what a terrible teammate you are when you transfer based solely on moving from corner to safety. So much for doing what you can to help the team.

Again, it's really tough to win with players like that.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-05-2020 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    It doesn't matter what school, city, or position that kid is in... He'll always be unhappy. Some folks are just high maintenance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    It doesn't matter what school, city, or position that kid is in... He'll always be unhappy. Some folks are just high maintenance.
    This is well put and kind of my point as well.

He'll never be happy. Hard to win with those players. I mean, this kid has committed 5 times in the past 2 years. That's not an MSU problem. That's a JJ problem.
    I thought the Leach quote in David Murray's article this week was perfect.

"In hindsight, you usually find out that the ones you lose to the transfer portal are the ones you needed to lose anyway."

vCash
    Somebody put in JJ's head that he's a lockdown corner. And he's just not.

At Safety he's gonna have to be prime for contact and tackling.

He needs to be on offense somewhere and get some route running instruction. But will he go over the middle fearlessly?

vCash
    Hodge and Espy are trying to cover their ass before their business takes a hit or they get disassociated by the NCAA. If I were them at the very least I would hire a couple of ex-MSU players to balance things out. Of course that won't help with the Ole Miss recruiting helping so I guess they're going to have to decide whether they want to do private instruction of be bagmen. Time to make business decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hodge and Espy are trying to cover their ass before their business takes a hit or they get disassociated by the NCAA. If I were them at the very least I would hire a couple of ex-MSU players to balance things out. Of course that won't help with the Ole Miss recruiting helping so I guess they're going to have to decide whether they want to do private instruction of be bagmen. Time to make business decision.
    Exactly, what would anyone expect Hodge to say, "Well, he was pretty happy at MSU but we showed him the 'benefits' of making the move over to Ole Miss so he decided to come join the good guys." Nah, probably not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Someone told me that Boobie Dixon was working with them at D1 training some clients. I haven't been able to confirm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Someone told me that Boobie Dixon was working with them at D1 training some clients. I haven't been able to confirm.
    He typically uses the Baptist Healthplex in Madison but I think I have seen some videos of him at D1 before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    According to Hodge, Jones said Mississippi State's new coaching staff asked him to move from cornerback to safety, which Jones didn't want to do. Hodge said Jones said he was "just unhappy" playing for Mike Leach's staff and needed a change.

Wonder where he ends up playing at FSU. Wouldn't It be egg on Shay's face if he ends up at safety. Some kids won't take good coaching advice.
    Well that should poke a hole in the imminent "but Leach's tweet, I should get immediate eligibility" argument.

vCash
    Let's not talk about this kid anymore.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The old staff was moving him to safety before they were fired. That's just a bad excuse.

vCash
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Well that should poke a hole in the imminent "but Leach's tweet, I should get immediate eligibility" argument.
    Ha! He may have screwed him over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The old staff was moving him to safety before they were fired. That's just a bad excuse.
    Agree