Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dak handling this situation about as good

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Now can you tell us the COMPLETE criminal history of the three? No you can't.

Other factors.... I'll help you. Dude with highest bond. Had to be removed by the fire department. Therefore resisting arrest. He probably has an additional charge. Also he has lived in a number of areas and is more a flight risk due to his past living arrangements.
    It's not listed as one of his charges. Can't make up things to fit your narrative. "Flight risk" is hilariously bullshit.

Also noticed how you focused on the black guy but total ignored the other minority getting a $200 up charge on the caucasian. HMMMMMMMM

vCash
    Your whole posted was focused on the "black guy" having a higher bond. So.....

Typical liberal. Call everyone racist but all you see is skin color and outter appearance to jump to conclusions.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Your whole posted was focused on the "black guy" having a higher bond. So.....

Typical liberal. Call everyone racist but all you see is skin color and outter appearance to jump to conclusions.

Uhh no I didn't. You did. Re-read. It's hilarious yet sad how much you're projecting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not one? Never? You must've never spent time around Starkville, lol.**

I really find that hard to believe. There are some cops are are just wired to be dicks, because they were dicks before becoming cops. Those type of guys would be ass holes to anyone. He's retired now I believe, but a cop in Gautier (I won't name him, but lets just say hist last name started with a C) that was infamously a giant douche to literally everyone. Even other cops I knew hated his guts. He literally got off on flexing the authority that came with his shield.

Totally agree on your second statement and about increasing qualified candidates. Police are necessary in a free society. We rely on them, and in doing so, place a huge amount of trust in their judgement, which often carries a fairly thankless job. I just wish we had higher quality versions of police.

How do we do that? Obviously I don't have the answer. I definitely agree that we should be expecting more from them in terms of qualifications, personality traits, and intelligence. We do that with just about every other profession; far too many macho bullies and guys who were bullied end up in this line of employment. If we raised the qualifications and rigor in becoming a police officer, they'd also be able to command higher salaries, which in tern, would make the positions more competitive, thus increasing the quality even more. That's something, at a minimum, we should be doing more.
    I spent plenty of time around starkville. I was just never a smart a** when I got pulled over by starkville PD. Some of them were brash but I would t call them bad people or bad cops. Do they get a little arrest happy, probably so, but they are dealing with drunk/high 18-22 year olds daily. That would get old pretty quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I spent plenty of time around starkville. I was just never a smart a** when I got pulled over by starkville PD. Some of them were brash but I would t call them bad people or bad cops. Do they get a little arrest happy, probably so, but they are dealing with drunk/high 18-22 year olds daily. That would get old pretty quick.
    See, that's the thing....sometimes you don't have to be a smart ass to be on the receiving end of a douche cop. And you don't have to be a dick to also be vigilant in your job as a cop.

And I'm not saying all cops, or even most cops, are like this...but I'd be willing to bet at least 80% of the board have a story about a run-in with a cop who was an unwarranted total dick, despite their best efforts at being polite and courteous. That's a problem. you walk into a situation already trying to escalate things for no reason at all....people can end up dying because of that shit.

vCash
    And on your second point, we should absolutely raise the bar in training and accountability on the job.

Get rid of the police unions and laws that overtly protect them.

Require some form of a martial art, preferably jiu jitsu as it teaches ways to restrain without causing long term damage and also teaches a person to have respect for others.

Raise the pay. Every person that I know personally that is a cop isn't the sharpest tool in the shed especially when it comes to some of the sheriffs. Nothing wrong with not being super smart but as you stated, more education leads to better service.

There are plenty of concrete things we could be doing to help solve the issue and yet I see nobody having actual discussion about how we implement those things.

You ask a liberal to be specific about what they want changed and your answer is "cops should quit being racist". They don't give specific actions that could be taken, they don't offer solutions to the problem.

And the same can be said for conservatives. They just ignore it.

I fall in between. I don't think there is a huge problem with police brutality where we need to completely overhaul all of society and govt. to fix it.

But I do believe there are places where we can and should improve. There are several laws that need to be done away with and that could happen tomorrow.

Ironically part of them problem is police unions lobbying for these laws. Unions ironically are a more liberal concept so I doubt you find any liberal that would be for disbanding unions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    And on your second point, we should absolutely raise the bar in training and accountability on the job.

Get rid of the police unions and laws that overtly protect them.

Require some form of a martial art, preferably jiu jitsu as it teaches ways to restrain without causing long term damage and also teaches a person to have respect for others.

Raise the pay. Every person that I know personally that is a cop isn't the sharpest tool in the shed especially when it comes to some of the sheriffs. Nothing wrong with not being super smart but as you stated, more education leads to better service.

There are plenty of concrete things we could be doing to help solve the issue and yet I see nobody having actual discussion about how we implement those things.

You ask a liberal to be specific about what they want changed and your answer is "cops should quit being racist". They don't give specific actions that could be taken, they don't offer solutions to the problem.

And the same can be said for conservatives. They just ignore it.

I fall in between. I don't think there is a huge problem with police brutality where we need to completely overhaul all of society and govt. to fix it.

But I do believe there are places where we can and should improve. There are several laws that need to be done away with and that could happen tomorrow.

Ironically part of them problem is police unions lobbying for these laws. Unions ironically are a more liberal concept so I doubt you find any liberal that would be for disbanding unions.
    Couldn't agree more.

vCash
    I started this thread to praise dak, not to have a bunch of 12 year olds play slapd*** on here. Get out of here with the political stuff if you can't follow topic and handle mature conversation.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I started this thread to praise dak, not to have a bunch of 12 year olds play slapd*** on here. Get out of here with the political stuff if you can't follow topic and handle mature conversation.
    He's not 12. His name clearly says maroonthirteen.