Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dak handling this situation about as good

vCash

Dak handling this situation about as good

As any major sports figure I've seen so far. Super proud of him. I hope this shuts up all the local cowboy fan haters for a bit. Especially since this is nearly half his salary last season. A much better way to support a cause than by disrespecting the flag and the men that fought for it.
    https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/03/...ending-racism/

vCash
    Cowboy fans hate him cause he's not Romo. Even if he wins the Super Bowl they'll all make excuses as to why Dak had all the advantages that Romo never had.

vCash
    Honestly... great for him! And if he threw another mil to an "opposite" cause... good for him too.

And this is not meant as a political statement. Do what you feel is right, I'm not here to judge. And good for Brees to take his stand and defend his position too.

vCash
    I’ve honestly never seen a more delusional fan base. It really is wild how many of them hate Dak.

All of the numbers back up that he’s a better than average QB, yet you would think he was a bottom tier QB by their statements

vCash
    Yep. Good for Dak. When a lot of celebs/athletes would rather signal their virtue, Dak puts his money where his mouth is. And that 1mil is probably close to a 1/3 of his NFL earnings so far. Dak is a leader.

vCash
    Systemic racism resides precisely in the places we are told that it does not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yep. Good for Dak. When a lot of celebs/athletes would rather signal their virtue, Dak puts his money where his mouth is. And that 1mil is probably close to a 1/3 of his NFL earnings so far. Dak is a leader.
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I?ve honestly never seen a more delusional fan base. It really is wild how many of them hate Dak.

All of the numbers back up that he?s a better than average QB, yet you would think he was a bottom tier QB by their statements
    You are dead on...delusional is accurate

Banned
    vCash
    Anyone mad at Dak is just part of the group that is so disenfranchised by the system that they don't see what more education can do. How can you hold the money spending accountable. Our country has a seemingly limitless supply of Tear Gas, Riot Gear, Rubber Bullets, etc. enough on hand to literally combat the entire country while we the people have to spend out of pocket to help our own education have the essential items it needs like sanitizer, paper, pencils, etc that it's just really hard to trust that million is going to good use.

I'm sure that by this point of the comment the vocal minority of idiots on this board have already decided I'm condemning and criticizing Dak (I'm not). I'm simply providing perspective. But I guarantee you they only read the first paragraph, so now I'll speak to the silent majority on here that aren't unwilling to have a dialogue. What Dak did is noble and naive. He's naive in the good way. Drew Brees is naive in the bad way. Dak looks like a shining star coming out of this and will not have his teammates question him because he is extending an olive branch and doing what honestly people on both sides should be doing. He's believing in the good of man and isn't jaded by reality. Cops should do the same and believe in innocent before guilty and that the "other side" wants the same things for all of us, justice and equality. The feelings a lot have is that the "other side" doesn't want that. They want superiority, power, and domination over us. The system we have currently breeds that and allows for it. It will play out with the arrests and trials of the four cops, one of whom tried twice and failed to stop a two decade superior from committing murder. The dark truth of the system is that 90+% of us would have acted in the same way as him and be in the same predicament. That's not an indictment of mankind. That's the reality we face and the problem inherent with the system. So more education and sensitivity training doesn't feel like the answer, but it's noble to believe it is and hope for the overall good.

I salute Dak for being a young naive American who is oblivious to the way the system truly is. He showed America what a true leader looks like on the day that a man who has been in a similar position for 15 years showed his ultimate ignorance in the wrong manner. Good for Dak. Proud to say he's an MSU alum.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The interesting thing about Brees comments is that in my opinion, kneeling during the national anthem and whether that is disrespecting our flag or not is an opinion. Some of us believe the action is disrespectful, some of us believes it is not. Good for Brees to call it how he sees it. He probably should have aknowledged the reaon folks were kneeling. You can at the same time support the reason and disagree with the method.

My opinion is this, I wouldn't kneel. But I definitely do not see it as bad as turning your back on the flag. Either way, I understand that simple gestures reason and I support reform beyond how Kaeps actions make me or anyone else feel. Hlad i live in a country where someone can kneel.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Anyone mad at Dak is just part of the group that is so disenfranchised by the system that they don't see what more education can do. How can you hold the money spending accountable. Our country has a seemingly limitless supply of Tear Gas, Riot Gear, Rubber Bullets, etc. enough on hand to literally combat the entire country while we the people have to spend out of pocket to help our own education have the essential items it needs like sanitizer, paper, pencils, etc that it's just really hard to trust that million is going to good use.

I'm sure that by this point of the comment the vocal minority of idiots on this board have already decided I'm condemning and criticizing Dak (I'm not). I'm simply providing perspective. But I guarantee you they only read the first paragraph, so now I'll speak to the silent majority on here that aren't unwilling to have a dialogue. What Dak did is noble and naive. He's naive in the good way. Drew Brees is naive in the bad way. Dak looks like a shining star coming out of this and will not have his teammates question him because he is extending an olive branch and doing what honestly people on both sides should be doing. He's believing in the good of man and isn't jaded by reality. Cops should do the same and believe in innocent before guilty and that the "other side" wants the same things for all of us, justice and equality. The feelings a lot have is that the "other side" doesn't want that. They want superiority, power, and domination over us. The system we have currently breeds that and allows for it. It will play out with the arrests and trials of the four cops, one of whom tried twice and failed to stop a two decade superior from committing murder. The dark truth of the system is that 90+% of us would have acted in the same way as him and be in the same predicament. That's not an indictment of mankind. That's the reality we face and the problem inherent with the system. So more education and sensitivity training doesn't feel like the answer, but it's noble to believe it is and hope for the overall good.

I salute Dak for being a young naive American who is oblivious to the way the system truly is. He showed America what a true leader looks like on the day that a man who has been in a similar position for 15 years showed his ultimate ignorance in the wrong manner. Good for Dak. Proud to say he's an MSU alum.
    My problem is the people who are angry with him are assuming he is just going to hand a bunch of money over to the police for training. That is not what he said at all. Why would he do that? Throw good money after bad? He said the money is for training police and combating racism through outreach. That doesn't mean giving the money to police. More likely it means choosing civic groups who will work with police to train them. That man is neither stupid, nor naive. Being hopeful is not naive. Been stuck in the middle his whole life, not white enough for some or black enough for others which would be tricky waters to navigate at the best of times. I think that is why he is so self confident. Probably learned pretty early that trying to please others would be an impossible task so he best just be true to himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post

It is pretty naive to paint with such a broad brush.

I love the "superiority, power and domination over all of us" line. Show me proof that cops want that. Do some? absolutely but I assure you it would be the minority of cops that think like that. I have yet to meet a single officer that hasn't been respectful and nice. Nor have I met an officer that wouldn't hesitate to help out anyone if it was needed.

I know you don't like it, but law enforcement is necessary. What you're seeing now with the riots would be an everyday thing without law enforcement and you would then genuinely see those that want your power and domination that you speak of.

Please show me a country as populated as the United States that has more freedom for their people and more opportunity. All of the liberal left like to point to Sweden/Netherlands/Switzerland as an example of how a county should be run without taking into account that they are about the size of one of our mid sized cities. It is always easier to run a smaller country. Everything operates much more efficiently. They also don't have the violent crime issue that we have here in the States. It's actually naive and laughable that anyone would try to make that comparison.

I don't agree with you on hardly anything and that is alright, we can disagree without throwing out insults such as "vocal minority of idiots". Just not necessary man.

And maybe just maybe if Cops were paid more, you would see better qualified candidates for the job. Nobody wants to get paid 30-40k a year to get shot at and have half the population hate you. It's a thankless job.
    Last edited by BB30; 06-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Systemic racism resides precisely in the places we are told that it does not.
    True. Truth is not a valued commodity these days. If you say anything that is different than PC police, you are a racist or hater. The be tolerant of others crowd is totally intolerant of anything that doesn't agree with their opinion.

CS Lewis once said, "If you seek truth over comfort, you will get truth and comfort. If you seek comfort over truth, you will get neither."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I have yet to meet a single officer that hasn't been respectful and nice.

I know you don't like it, but law enforcement is necessary.

Not one? Never? You must've never spent time around Starkville, lol.**

I really find that hard to believe. There are some cops are are just wired to be dicks, because they were dicks before becoming cops. Those type of guys would be ass holes to anyone. He's retired now I believe, but a cop in Gautier (I won't name him, but lets just say hist last name started with a C) that was infamously a giant douche to literally everyone. Even other cops I knew hated his guts. He literally got off on flexing the authority that came with his shield.

Totally agree on your second statement and about increasing qualified candidates. Police are necessary in a free society. We rely on them, and in doing so, place a huge amount of trust in their judgement, which often carries a fairly thankless job. I just wish we had higher quality versions of police.

How do we do that? Obviously I don't have the answer. I definitely agree that we should be expecting more from them in terms of qualifications, personality traits, and intelligence. We do that with just about every other profession; far too many macho bullies and guys who were bullied end up in this line of employment. If we raised the qualifications and rigor in becoming a police officer, they'd also be able to command higher salaries, which in tern, would make the positions more competitive, thus increasing the quality even more. That's something, at a minimum, we should be doing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    As any major sports figure I've seen so far. Super proud of him. I hope this shuts up all the local cowboy fan haters for a bit. Especially since this is nearly half his salary last season. A much better way to support a cause than by disrespecting the flag and the men that fought for it.
    https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/03/...ending-racism/
    Dak has handled the whole kneeling thing and this pretty good; anyone willing to put money towards helping an issue or solve any problems and improve police performance in this situation is a real man stepping up. Everyone else needs to put up or shut up.

The only thing I wished he would have left off is the systemic racism comment. There are millions of police in the world and a very small fraction act in a racist manor. We still don't know anything about the Floyd event having anything to do with race. Other cops had minority status.

Banned
    vCash
    It is pretty naive to paint with such a broad brush.

I love the "superiority, power and domination over all of us" line. Show me proof that cops want that. Do some? absolutely but I assure you it would be the minority of cops that think like that. I have yet to meet a single officer that hasn't been respectful and nice. Nor have I met an officer that wouldn't hesitate to help out anyone if it was needed.
    Can I introduce you to 388 and counting? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...FpXwjo/pubhtml

Besides I said many people feel that way. Not that it's an absolute truth. Remember feels =/= reals. And I haven't seen a majority of cops act countercurrent to this...

I know you don't like it, but law enforcement is necessary. What you're seeing now with the riots would be an everyday thing without law enforcement and you would then genuinely see those that want your power and domination that you speak of.
    Minneapolis would beg to differ.

Please show me a country as populated as the United States that has more freedom for their people and more opportunity. All of the liberal left like to point to Sweden/Netherlands/Switzerland as an example of how a county should be run without taking into account that they are about the size of one of our mid sized cities. It is always easier to run a smaller country. Everything operates much more efficiently. They also don't have the violent crime issue that we have here in the States. It's actually naive and laughable that anyone would try to make that comparison.
    I mean right now? What freedoms do all americans have? First one is getting oppressed, beaten, and tear gassed out of us. Second isn't a freedom. Person was killed cause cops thought he had a gun when it was a hammer. We also have curfew and are beaten / gassed / arrested for simply being out too late. I don't know what country you are in, but wake up. Russia is more free than us currently.

I don't agree with you on hardly anything and that is alright, we can disagree without throwing out insults such as "vocal minority of idiots". Just not necessary man.
    Did you keep reading past that line? Yes, so it's not for you. There's a faction on here that won't and will ignorantly post. I've already proven they don't read / listen / watch anything posted all the way through. They search for the first thing that offends them and go full snowflake. They are the vocal minority of idiots. The silent majority allows for discourse.

And maybe just maybe if Cops were paid more, you would see better qualified candidates for the job. Nobody wants to get paid 30-40k a year to get shot at and have half the population hate you. It's a thankless job.
    I agree with paying the job more and Beardo illustrated the points very well. The problem is that the money spent on cops goes to fund all these fancy toys instead of training programs and higher salaries.

R2Dawg -

Systemic racism is this:

You don't have to have a majority of racists for the system to be racist. That's missing the point entirely. The system is broken. You have a guy dead in the street for a fake $20 bill and another man who will go to jail because his superior dismissed him twice and his workplace culture makes it suicide for him to step up any more than he did. People are showing all around they aren't racist. It's the system that is the problem.

vCash
    I have yet to meet a single officer that hasn't been respectful and nice. Nor have I met an officer that wouldn't hesitate to help out anyone if it was needed.

I know you don't like it, but law enforcement is necessary.
    There are good and bad cops in every level and sector of law enforcement. And most LE will admit that too you. If you haven't met a dick cop who lords his authority over you, you are damn lucky. I met my first one like that at 17, and I ended up in jail, never read rights, interrogated by not only the cops but by outside council after asking for an attorney, and was transferred to the county lock up and never allowed to contact anyone from the outside. All that for showing school spirit and hanging a sign on a railroad bridge before a football playoff game. My favorite part of that episode was when dick cop asked me to empty the pockets of my letterman jacket, and then proceeded to draw his weapon on me when I pulled a stick of chapstick out. Made me feel big to think my 5'10", 135 lbs, 17 year old self was threatening to a 6'3" 260 lbs law officer with a gun. But, I was lucky. I was a white kid from a middle class family, and had resources and family connections to take it on and publicly humiliate the cop and the DA when they tried to take it to court.

And, law enforcement is necessary. But, there is a line between enforcing the law and abusing power and authority. And that abuse of authority has become all too regular.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Hahaha. You cut out the replies to the tweet than explain things. Also you have no clue about the legal system and how bonds get set. No clue about law enforcement either.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Hahaha. You cut out the replies to the tweet than explain things. Also you have no clue about the legal system and how bonds get set. No clue about law enforcement either.
    You mean these?

Yea I didn't wanna play my hand too much because I knew one of you idiots would stop searching after the first comment.

(Also I linked the main tweet so it's not like it's gonna add replies. Idiot)

@BB30 This is one of those vocal minority types I was talking about in action. You weren't like him. Good on ya.

vCash
    Now can you tell us the COMPLETE criminal history of the three? No you can't.

Other factors.... I'll help you. Dude with highest bond. Had to be removed by the fire department. Therefore resisting arrest. He probably has an additional charge. Also he has lived in a number of areas and is more a flight risk due to his past living arrangements.