Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry Shotgun, some bad news about the football season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdawg View Post
    These are the first of hundreds of college football players who will test positive over the next few months. It is very very unlikely any of those who test positive will die.

Mississippi is a state of 2.9 million people. There have only been 782 deaths. Only one of those was under 30-years old.

Football season is going to happen.
    I would imagine a high percentage of football players have already contracted the virus and moved past it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    And who knows how many of those deaths falsified the Cause of Death Certificate to have Covid as COD.
    That's a dangerous narrative. Don't spread fake news. There's enough of that already.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That's a dangerous narrative. Don't spread fake news. There's enough of that already.
    Good luck stopping that talking point by people who have homes separated in terms of mileage rather than feet. It's hard to fully grasp that it's even real when it's not affecting your bubble and your only access to outside media are pandering to that echo chamber you live in.

vCash
    I saw an article in The Telegraph the other day that said this. A British researcher went through a large number of their death cases and concluded that anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of the deaths there were in people whos comorbidities were so bad they were unlikely to survive this year anyway. I doubt many players fall into that category.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This isn't a conspiracy, dude. It was, as a matter of fact, the POTUS that recommended the shutdown, which the Guvs followed suit. Don't make it a lib vs con thing. That's lazy.
    Guess you just completely stopped paying attention when the media accused both the Florida and Georgia Governors of mass murder when they opened their states.

Please at least do some modicum of research into states that are open and those closed before posting idiotic statements.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Probably none. Don't downplay the risk. It is clear due to asymptomatic people, the death rate isn't as high as shown, but let's not peddle in BS on the death numbers. Even in areas overwhelmed by the number of folks that were positive, the symptoms and the pathway to death has been well known by healthcare workers.
    Guess you missed this quote from Brix .. Last week, The Washington Post reported that at a recent discussion on COVID-19 data, Birx told CDC Director Robert Redfield that ?there is nothing from the CDC that I can trust.?

According to the paper, Birx and others feared the CDC was inflating coronavirus statistics, like mortality rates and case numbers, by up to 25 percent.

Simple math here but that would be over 25,000 deaths miscounted which is more than the "probably none" you stated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I saw an article in The Telegraph the other day that said this. A British researcher went through a large number of their death cases and concluded that anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of the deaths there were in people whos comorbidities were so bad they were unlikely to survive this year anyway. I doubt many players fall into that category.
    The Imperial model that was being used as the gold standard model back at the beginning of this projected something similar when they made their initial adjustment from millions of deaths to a few hundred thousand.
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Guess you just completely stopped paying attention when the media accused both the Florida and Georgia Governors of mass murder when they opened their states.

Please at least do some modicum of research into states that are open and those closed before posting idiotic statements.
    Just the "media"? How bout the POTUS throwing Kemp under the bus? But yeah, it's me that's not paying attention, lol.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-202117

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Just the "media"? How bout the POTUS throwing Kemp under the bus? But yeah, it's me that's not paying attention, lol.
    The media is just one example, Trump was being 'political' too! Guess YOU forgot that you said .. "Don't make it a lib vs con thing."

Sorry, but it IS political. You can't just 'wish' it wasn't!

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Just saw Bama had 5 players test positive as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    Just saw Bama had 5 players test positive as well.
    I heard OM had a couple of players/admin test positive yesterday also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I heard OM had a couple of players/admin test positive yesterday also.
    They did.

vCash
    Looks like Gun has the safety on. No response from him. He only floods the forum on his own terms....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Looks like Gun has the safety on. No response from him. He only floods the forum on his own terms....
    These are his home school hours. He's currently learning the intricacies between their, there, and they're.***

vCash
    There may be college football, but there may not be. The fact is nobody at this point knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post

I still believe games will be played, but I am not sure I am on board with 100k going to the games. .
    Never said anything about attendance