Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrell Shavers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    This is correct... It's 4 way almost all the way....

The roads (save construction) are infinitely better than way back when....
    The State of Alabama was four landing Hwy 82 when I was at State in the mid 80’s and they still haven’t finished. It’s better than it was but I still can’t believe they haven’t finished. US 45 is four lanes all the way from Chicago to the Ms/ Al state line but I don’t think Alabama will ever four lane their 50 miles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    The State of Alabama was four landing Hwy 82 when I was at State in the mid 80’s and they still haven’t finished. It’s better than it was but I still can’t believe they haven’t finished. US 45 is four lanes all the way from Chicago to the Ms/ Al state line but I don’t think Alabama will ever four lane their 50 miles
    And it is BY FAR the worst 50 mile stretch on 45.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    You're not doing it right. Everyone knows the only players that are disloyal, drama queens are the players that we lose to the portal. Anyone that could potentially be coming here has a legit reason for leaving the school that they are at.
    When we start poaching starters off of other SEC teams let me know. There's a pretty big difference in landing a couple of guys who can't get into grad school or can't get pt and a player that has a starting SEC job locked up and decides to just up and leave to go to your arch rival.

vCash
    This thread went from talking about an exciting potential transfer we could *hopefully* get at a position in huge need of talent to talking about the drive from Starkville to Tuscaloosa and the highway.....damn lol.

It's early in his recruitment since entering the portal but Cooter or anyone got any new info to add about this kid? It'd be great to reel him in pretty quickly and not have this drag out too long.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Not that it is relevant, but I keep seeing people saying that is 45 minutes to T-town from Vegas. I had to look it up to be sure, but it is 81 miles. I dated someone over there for a little while (in the '70s) so I drove it a good bit and even coming back at 6 am it took an hour and 15 minutes. Roads can't be that much better, can they?
    If its 81 miles and someone says they made it in 45 minutes, they were not following the posted speed limit.

I made it in an hour and 10 minutes to target from Columbus.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If its 81 miles and someone says they made it in 45 minutes, they were not following the posted speed limit.

I made it in an hour and 10 minutes to target from Columbus.
    I made it from Sessums Hall to the Burger King on Macfarland in T-Town in 1 hour flat in a '79 Chevy Caprice with a police package engine. And, yeah, that wasn't anywhere near the legal posted speed. I also made it from Marietta, Ga to Sessums Hall in 3 1/2 hours once. 284 miles. Some days, I miss driving like a damn maniac.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I also made it from Marietta, Ga to Sessums Hall in 3 1/2 hours once. 284 miles. Some days, I miss driving like a damn maniac.
    that was def maniacal
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    that was def maniacal
    It was early on a Sunday, and I fell into a line of 4-5 sports cars outside Tallapoosa, GA on I-20. Before I knew it the needle on that old Caprice was pegged, and I just held on for dear life all the way to Tuscaloosa. We didn't see a single cop.
    I backed off some on 82 - but by that point I was going for a record. I got damn lucky.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It was early on a Sunday, and I fell into a line of 4-5 sports cars outside Tallapoosa, GA on I-20. Before I knew it the needle on that old Caprice was pegged, and I just held on for dear life all the way to Tuscaloosa. We didn't see a single cop.
    I backed off some on 82 - but by that point I was going for a record. I got damn lucky.
    lol ... That happened to me on Christmas Eve on year ... Atlanta (Griffin, Ga) to Jackson, Ms in under 5 hrs ... fell in with a group that didn't slow down at all ... doing 105-110 THROUGH Birmingham on I-20 .... like you I never saw a cop - they were just letting traffic go
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    lol ... That happened to me on Christmas Eve on year ... Atlanta (Griffin, Ga) to Jackson, Ms in under 5 hrs ... fell in with a group that didn't slow down at all ... doing 105-110 THROUGH Birmingham on I-20 .... like you I never saw a cop - they were just letting traffic go
    Can we have a whole different thread on the friggin drive from Starkville to Tuscaloosa?? I keep jumping on this thread when there are new posts hoping to see news on Shavers, and instead all I get is old ?war stories? about interstates and backroads!!!

vCash
    NM
    Last edited by HailStateSZN19; 06-05-2020 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Cooter, you heard if Shavers has returned any interest in us or been in contact with any coaches/players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Can we have a whole different thread on the friggin drive from Starkville to Tuscaloosa?? I keep jumping on this thread when there are new posts hoping to see news on Shavers, and instead all I get is old ?war stories? about interstates and backroads!!!
    LOL! Good call...
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-06-2020 at 10:56 AM.

vCash
    My buddy just told me he read on the 247 board that Texas is showing interest in Shavers along with Baylor, TCU, & UCF. He read on Texas’ 247 board that their mod said he likes us right now to land him. I hope he’s not mainly focused on getting back to TX with UT/TCU/Baylor after him and hopefully he’s just looking for the best opportunity which, IMO & without having Maroon tented glasses on, is us without question. Hope we can close this out & soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    My buddy just told me he read on the 247 board that Texas is showing interest in Shavers along with Baylor, TCU, & UCF. He read on Texas’ 247 board that their mod said he likes us right now to land him. I hope he’s not mainly focused on getting back to TX with UT/TCU/Baylor after him and hopefully he’s just looking for the best opportunity which, IMO & without having Maroon tented glasses on, is us without question. Hope we can close this out & soon.
    He would probably go straight to WR1 for us. Playing with Costello has to be attractive too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    y'all need a cat like that... I hate bammer is losing him....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Don't be scared homie
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He would probably go straight to WR1 for us. Playing with Costello has to be attractive too.
    So glad we hired a coach with a niche to sell transfers and recruits.

We're going to be loaded on offense soon.

vCash
    We need about 2 or 3 cats like him lol.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's a little presumptive. I want Shavers on the roster too but let's not act like we know what we're getting. He's been in college 3yrs played 2 & has 1 Catch. He has all the measurables but he's proven nothing so far so thinking he'd be our #1 WR Is ambitious to say the least.