Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrell Shavers

vCash
    Wait - I thought we hate the transfer portal? It's full of disloyal players and drama queens and does nothing but hurt teams.***
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    We already feeling good about locking him up? I figure Texas and MD both will come calling along with some others. Being from Texas I’d assume they’d be a major player if they pursue him. And Locksley and little Tua being at MD might be a couple connections to get them in the game. I want this kid desperately. He’s a huge upside addition and being immediately eligible but also having 2 years left just makes it even better. Not many 6’6” WR’s running 4.4 forty’s out there. Saw Paul Jones tweet about him on Twitter so I’m assuming we’ve already reached out. Hopefully we can sell him on throwing it 50+ times per game with a future NFL QB and little to no resistance to significant PT & targets.
    Not locked up but there's interest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not locked up but there's interest.
    Niccceeee. Hopefully he didn't enter the portal just to get back out to TX. We need to get this kid. He doesn't have a ton of stats I know but I mean he's 6'6" 215 and runs a 4.4 forty. He's been behind the greatest slew of WR's at one time at Bama ever. Was expected to take a pretty big jump with increased opportunity at Bama sounds like. He's the best you could ask for at this point in the portal. Hopefully: Costello+Air Raid+Least Resistance to Tons of PT > Getting back out home in TX. The fact he has 2 years while being immediately eligible just makes it even better.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Wait - I thought we hate the transfer portal? It's full of disloyal players and drama queens and does nothing but hurt teams.***
    You're not doing it right. Everyone knows the only players that are disloyal, drama queens are the players that we lose to the portal. Anyone that could potentially be coming here has a legit reason for leaving the school that they are at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Baylor only gets him if he wants to be closer to home.
    So you're saying YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND if he chose Baylor??? How DARE you!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    So you're saying YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND if he chose Baylor??? How DARE you!!!!!!!
    It would be time to report Baylor. There would definitely have to be something fishy going on.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Rep given lol

vCash
    Not that it is relevant, but I keep seeing people saying that is 45 minutes to T-town from Vegas. I had to look it up to be sure, but it is 81 miles. I dated someone over there for a little while (in the '70s) so I drove it a good bit and even coming back at 6 am it took an hour and 15 minutes. Roads can't be that much better, can they?

vCash
    Should we find something out on this front soon with players reporting for voluntary workouts all week or will this dude take his time and enroll in July?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Maybe Lashley can sway him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Not that it is relevant, but I keep seeing people saying that is 45 minutes to T-town from Vegas. I had to look it up to be sure, but it is 81 miles. I dated someone over there for a little while (in the '70s) so I drove it a good bit and even coming back at 6 am it took an hour and 15 minutes. Roads can't be that much better, can they?
    Yeah no clue where people get this. It?s most definitely 75 min drive minimum. Gordo and Reform can turn it into 90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Just kidding... He's legit and would be a great addition...
    All part of the process.**

vCash
    TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

When he catches 8 balls for 150 yards and 3 scores in a win for the Dawgs over the Tide in Starkville in 2021 it will be worth it.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Last time I was through there, probably 7 or 8 years ago, the roads were worse if you can believe that. My wife (the Auburn Grad) whose pretty attuned to what is going on in Alabama says the state is not allocating road funds to make it worse on Mississippi folks. I can believe that, just feel sorry for those Reform and Gordo folks.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Last time I was through there, probably 7 or 8 years ago, the roads were worse if you can believe that. My wife (the Auburn Grad) whose pretty attuned to what is going on in Alabama says the state is not allocating road funds to make it worse on Mississippi folks. I can believe that, just feel sorry for those Reform and Gordo folks.
    Du wut?

What would they be trying to accomplish by "making it worse on MS folks"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Yeah no clue where people get this. It?s most definitely 75 min drive minimum. Gordo and Reform can turn it into 90
    Had to go get a friend out of jail in reform one time. Cost him a lot more than an extra 15 mins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Haven't put a clock on it, but it's definitely a shorter drive since the nineties. The MS side is 4-laned all the way so it's much better. Gordo & Reform still suck but AL is bypassing at least one of them now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Haven't put a clock on it, but it's definitely a shorter drive since the nineties. The MS side is 4-laned all the way so it's much better. Gordo & Reform still suck but AL is bypassing at least one of them now.
    This is correct... It's 4 way almost all the way....

The roads (save construction) are infinitely better than way back when....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It's a no-brainer with the open scholarship. CB is a position of need ...
    Long, long time between now and end of Aug.

Players will leave, quit or be medically unqualified. There WILL be more than one slot open up ... guaranteed.

vCash
    TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Your players don't know how to do it. Our guys, at least the ones we were counting on actually playing this season, already work out there destination plans before they ever bother to announce their intention to transfer and get in the portal. Reese had his deal ready to go before he entered and so did Jones. Lovett is the only one that didn't seem to have an ironclad destination before jumping ship. Somehow our players don't seem to want to follow the process.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 06-04-2020 at 07:26 AM.