Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrell Shavers

vCash

Tyrell Shavers

Alabama WR is transferring. I hope we give him a look. He is 6'6" and can run. I think we were recruiting him out of HS until Bama offered and he jumped on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Alabama WR is transferring. I hope we give him a look. He is 6'6" and can run. I think we were recruiting him out of HS until Bama offered and he jumped on it.
    Also from Texas(Leach) and we've got Lashley on the roster.

Lock his ass up

vCash
    It's a no-brainer with the open scholarship. CB is a position of need, but if we were somehow land this guy, you'd have a starting WR corps of Mitchell (6'5), Shavers (6'6), Heath (6'3), and Payton (6'2, slot). Add in Costello, Hill, and an experienced OL, and you've got a dangerous offense.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 06-02-2020 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    He is also a grad transfer so he would play immediately.

vCash
    Jarrian Jones for Shavers....

Good trade for the Dawgs
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I say go for it. I don't know his situation but if it isn't any red flags, sign him. I'm sure that he was a 4* or 5* recruit. So, the talent is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Jarrian Jones for Shavers....

Good trade for the Dawgs
    No doubt.

And actually as far as Jones transferring if it means more time for Decamerion Richardson and Janari Dean that could be a win too.

vCash
    😎

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    ��
    nice

vCash
    😎
    Not cool to tease like that

vCash
    ��
    Ohhhhhh snap
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    So are we in contact with him or what? Just want to know if we are interested.

vCash
    ��
    We already feeling good about locking him up? I figure Texas and MD both will come calling along with some others. Being from Texas I’d assume they’d be a major player if they pursue him. And Locksley and little Tua being at MD might be a couple connections to get them in the game. I want this kid desperately. He’s a huge upside addition and being immediately eligible but also having 2 years left just makes it even better. Not many 6’6” WR’s running 4.4 forty’s out there. Saw Paul Jones tweet about him on Twitter so I’m assuming we’ve already reached out. Hopefully we can sell him on throwing it 50+ times per game with a future NFL QB and little to no resistance to significant PT & targets.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    I say go for it. I don't know his situation but if it isn't any red flags, sign him. I'm sure that he was a 4* or 5* recruit. So, the talent is there.
    4* .9587 88th in nation 12th WR in nation on 247.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Sounds like Baylor could get in the game and that'd be tough to overcome him being from TX. Cooter, you dropped the sunglasses emoji so what's up? You dropped that emoji not too long after this news started going around that he had entered the portal. We already been in serious contact with him because that'd be a very quick decision and short time frame from when he hit the portal to choosing us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Sounds like Baylor could get in the game and that'd be tough to overcome him being from TX. Cooter, you dropped the sunglasses emoji so what's up? You dropped that emoji not too long after this news started going around that he had entered the portal. We already been in serious contact with him because that'd be a very quick decision and short time frame from when he hit the portal to choosing us.
    Baylor only gets him if he wants to be closer to home.

If he actually wants his best chance of being an NFL player, then Leach/Costello is where he should be.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Baylor only gets him if he wants to be closer to home.

If he actually wants his best chance of being an NFL player, then Leach/Costello is where he should be.
    Agreed there Shotgun. If he's simply transferring wanting to get closer to home, then Baylor/TCU/Texas or somewhere out there will obviously get him.

If he's transferring just to go to a better situation and change of scenery, then 45 minutes West of Tuscaloosa is his best option. Where there's an NFL-bound QB who's about to sling it around 50+ times per game in the air raid and where there's probably the path of least resistance out of any of his options to serious PT and potential starting time. I mean you throw 6'6" 215 who runs a 4.4 into the lineup to go with Mitchell, Heath, and Payton...that's pretty damn solid. It's not where our WR corps will be in a few years once we get some of these recruits in here but that's pretty damn good.

Wonder how good of friends he is with Lashley? And obviously we were in his top 5 or 10 in HS and we've got TX connections all in our staff to go along with that.

vCash
    TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Just kidding... He's legit and would be a great addition...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

What's the thought as to why he's leaving?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Do us a favor TUSK and send him on over to Starkville. Don't let him head back out to TX. We need him more than anybody else, that's for damn sure.