Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sorry Mods but are ya'll watchng what the President is doing right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Man get out of here with this. This is not helpful. And I am conservative. We can disagree politically and all agree that what happened to George Floyd was sick, and what these dumbass rioters are doing is horrible.
    Hear, hear. Most of us want the same things in life. To be happy, provide for our families, live in peace, etc..We're not gonna agree on everything and that's ok BUT we do need to communicate with respect and decency and really, intently listen to each point of view. I know it's idealistic but dang I've used it most of my life and you know it really works! In order for it to work though you have to check your preconceived notions and egos at the door. Something I'm afraid politicians don't know how to do. I'm strong in my beliefs but I'm always willing to listen with an open mind to someone who may know more about something than I do. I love this country and the events of the last week are truly heartbreaking. I pray that we can have peace and healing. Just my 2 cents which don't mean much. Y'all all stay safe.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The most entertaining part of this thread is the amount of people willing to argue with what appears to be a teenage boy living in his moms basement. #DannieBoy
    Because everyone you disagree with is either ANTIFA, unemployed, a teenager, or all of the above.

No way I've got two degrees from the best university in the state and an amazing engineering job in healthcare. Nope.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    By clearing a path for the president to travel? Meh. There were announcements for hours to move. I feel no sympathy for that.

Now if the military or other police force is ordered to go out and stop peaceful protests, I'll join you in saying that is unacceptable. And unconstitutional.
    Local news affiliates said it was 3 quick announcements in 10 minutes and then you have multiple officers attacking a cameraman filming because he didn't move from his spot over 10 ft back from where they were within 5 seconds. Not sure where you got the "hours" thing. I highly doubt they would have announced his move hours in advance given the circumstances, someone would definitely attempt to assassinate him.

And they already are. We protested peacefully in my city and were met with loads of tear gas.

vCash
    Listen guys....I rarely post here, because I don't feel the need to be ridiculed about my thoughts on various subjects. But, I am a bulldog through and through, and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the posters in this thread, if they met face to face on game day, would not be talking the way they are to each other.

Any reasonable human being knows that what happened to that poor man was wrong. We've all seen it, but look at the other side of the coin. No reasonable human being can honestly look at the rioting and looting and say that's the right way to get the point across... Just look at the news. Noone is talking about Mr. Floyd. It's just chaos.

There is no way that everybody is always going to see eye-to-eye on politics, but we are all Americans and should, inevitably, want what is best for our country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hear, hear. Most of us want the same things in life. To be happy, provide for our families, live in peace, etc..We're not gonna agree on everything and that's ok BUT we do need to communicate with respect and decency and really, intently listen to each point of view. I know it's idealistic but dang I've used it most of my life and you know it really works! In order for it to work though you have to check your preconceived notions and egos at the door. Something I'm afraid politicians don't know how to do. I'm strong in my beliefs but I'm always willing to listen with an open mind to someone who may know more about something than I do. I love this country and the events of the last week are truly heartbreaking. I pray that we can have peace and healing. Just my 2 cents which don't mean much. Y'all all stay safe.
    Word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You’re a good dude man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Because everyone you disagree with is either ANTIFA, unemployed, a teenager, or all of the above.

No way I've got two degrees from the best university in the state and an amazing engineering job in healthcare. Nope.
    You don't know what I agree or disagree with - I don't get into politics on here. You need to go back and reread some of your posts - you come across as a 12 yr old with your snarky sarcasm. It doesn't help your case at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would not be surprise this time tomorrow night De Blasio will be at home in his basement and a Brig. Gen will be running NY City.
    This would be a good thing for them. It's time the lawbreakers screaming for justice realize that they are really the cause of injustice.

vCash
    The problem is it's just getting plain stupid on numerous fronts because no one wants to have a reasonable discussion. Reading the news just now and see Facebook employees want to stage a walkout because the CEO didn't take down Trump's post. The Sacramento kings have suspended one of their announcers because Demarcus Cousins asked what he thought of BLM and he replied with the "All Lives Matter".

Everyone wants to thing they are on some sort of moral high ground:

* A bunch of kids just want to be part of some grand "positive" change with no real answer on how to get there
    * Tons of white people don't want to admit there are any problems at all
    * Ton of black people are way to quick to play the victim card
    * Politicians and CEO's are crazy busy writing nice "we care about you and feel your pain" speeches while not working toward any good resolutions because bi-partisan compromise is evil incarnate
    * Hispanics and other minorities are feeling totally left out of the conversation
    * Many people just want to watch the world burn

It's one big hot mess and just shows the lack of true leaders on all fronts we have right now. We have way to many pompous, self-serving blowhards on media outlets and in positions of political power such that noboby trust anything that comes out of the "other" sides mouths.

Objectively looking at the Floyd situation, in a vacuum it's most likely a series of unfortunate events that led to his death. Absolutely sad still but not some menacing murder. He gets into the cop car and we're not here, the cop gets off him 3 minutes earlier and we're not here. The fact that this is "THE" breaking point example is just crazy and it's "most" likely the situation had nothing to do with race, but instead many people look at black man killed by white cop and "most" assume it was entirely about race. Are we having the same discussion if this is Hispanic cop or a AA cop? Probably not, but the end result for George would have been no different and the focus on proper police techniques should be no different but it's entirely different.

With all the positive traction race relations have made over the past 50 years how in the world did we end up here suddenly? We're about 20 years away from most of the people that really knew what racism was about being gone. My mid 40's generation is less racist than my parents, the generation behind me is less than my generation, my elementary school's generation is even less. Two weeks ago I could honestly say that I thought socio-economical issues were a much bigger concern than race relations.

It's pitiful we're here and I've reach the point where I'm pissed at the fact that we've hit the Spaceballs point of "being surrounded by assholes" because of the total lack of common sense being displayed by an alarming high rate of people.

vCash
    Life lesson. I’ll stay my ass in the south. You will end up in a crab trap if you act like these thugs in the streets around here.

vCash
    Take it to the political forum on the other site...

and thanks for reminding me how crazy some of you... what a time we are living in.