Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Ole Miss.....

vCash

To Ole Miss.....

All you talked about in your investigation was how in Mississippi we should let everything go so that both programs could thrive. We shouldn't throw mud because that made the rivalry "toxic"

Well, here yet again, you attempted something that actually hurt both programs. For the love of Mississippi college football, please stop being assholes. Build you own 17ing program the right way. Stop being idiots trying to recruit other team's players. Recruit you own players based on the merits of your school & what it offers them in football & academics. BUILD YOUR OWN FOOTBALL PROGRAM WITHOUT CHEATING!

So to that I say...

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    They aren't capable of doing that. They just refuse to do it.

It blows my mind that they don't seem to have ANY fans that ever say- hey this isn't working. Let's try to do this the right way.

vCash
    What happened now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    All you talked about in your investigation was how in Mississippi we should let everything go so that both programs could thrive. We shouldn't throw mud because that made the rivalry "toxic"

Well, here yet again, you attempted something that actually hurt both programs. For the love of Mississippi college football, please stop being assholes. Build you own 17ing program the right way. Stop being idiots trying to recruit other team's players. Recruit you own players based on the merits of your school & what it offers them in football & academics. BUILD YOUR OWN FOOTBALL PROGRAM WITHOUT CHEATING!

So to that I say...

Here's the thing. How did it hurt their program? They look exactly the same as they did a month ago. We are the ones that lost a starter in Jones and another major contributor in Lovett.

Some have the impression Ole Miss is dumb. They aren't. They are extremely smart and calculated. They won in a major way. You don't have to get something in return to win. Just sow some bad seed in your opponents field and that's exactly what they did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Here's the thing. How did it hurt their program? They look exactly the same as they did a month ago. We are the ones that lost a starter in Jones and another major contributor in Lovett.

Some have the impression Ole Miss is dumb. They aren't. They are extremely smart and calculated. They won in a major way. You don't have to get something in return to win. Just sow some bad seed in your opponents field and that's exactly what they did.
    We have had some really good defensive back field players but our defensive back field sure gets beat a lot down field. I saw Jones running behind receivers too much last season. I don't know if we got hurt or not. Either way the coach and the player is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

Odds are those two would have left whether Ole Miss had anything to do with it or not. People that don't want to be in our program do not help us be the team we want to be.

I think it's also a win for us because we stood up for ourselves and didn't let Ole Miss gets players that they wanted. We also made them show their hands and now our staff is aware of D1 in Madison and we will be able to counter that better next time.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 05-30-2020 at 08:49 AM.

vCash
    Say what you want but I blame the two players mostly. Doing the right thing is about character, these two have no character imo! If others follow the same path, then explain to me how you can trust your teammate? I'm glad or hope both are gone, we need team players not me me me.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We have had some really good defensive back field players but our defensive back field sure gets beat a lot down field. I saw Jones running behind receivers too much last season. I don't know if we got hurt or not. Either way the coach and the player is gone.
    We didn?t get hurt with Jones. Hell he wasn?t even the best player on his high school team. Dee Baker who is at Southern Miss was the best player on Northwest Rankin team for two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Say what you want but I blame the two players mostly. Doing the right thing is about character, these two have no character imo! If others follow the same path, then explain to me how you can trust your teammate? I'm glad or hope both are gone, we need team players not me me me.
    Recruiting character is certainly more important now with the transfers.

Mullen used to target kids that won state championships.

vCash
    Ole Miss Coaches Tampering during a Pandemic NCAA Dead Period is so Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Build you own 17ing program the right way.

Wrong forum for the 17ing thing.

The 17 code for "F word" is SPS lexicon terminology.

If you're gonna be Elite, don't use terms designated for the vernacular of that other site that we all deserted from due to the obnoxious ole piss trolls.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

vCash
    Btw, I see we got a pitcher from Furman transferring, Furman dropped baseball. I have no info on him.

vCash
    I don't see Lovett and jones situations quite the same. I get Lovett leaving. He went through a coaching change, wasn't happy, and wanted out. I don't agree with it, but I don't think the same way as a 20 year old.

The jones situation, on the other hand, rotten.

vCash
    I don't see how Jones could come back either. Especially since he also apparently told our guys he was going to Oregon and then committed to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    We didn?t get hurt with Jones. Hell he wasn?t even the best player on his high school team. Dee Baker who is at Southern Miss was the best player on Northwest Rankin team for two years.
    He was actually third and/or fourth best, Braden Smith was the best prospect to come out. He walked on here as a WR, and was a lot better then some our scholarship guys. He transferred to NWCC last year and was one of the top 3 WRs in MS Juco. Had better numbers than Heath and Taylor. He and the Co-Lin kid who went to USM are the real deal. Smith is at Louisville now and projected to start next year.

In a few years we?ll be scratching our heads wondering how he didn?t get a chance here much like Jaylen Smith.

Also, the Dee Baker/Cam Carroll duo was top notch. Carroll is at Tulane and would?ve been perfect for Mullen?s offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I don't see Lovett and jones situations quite the same. I get Lovett leaving. He went through a coaching change, wasn't happy, and wanted out. I don't agree with it, but I don't think the same way as a 20 year old.

I agree with this. Two different situations. Even with Jones though, I'm not giving ole miss that much credit. If he's so weak in his commitment that they can talk him into leaving his teammates and school to go to the rival, he didn't really want to be here anyway.

At the end of the day you have to have guys that want to be here. This is just too hard not to really want it. He wasn't a corner and quite honestly I don't see him as a safety either. All that aside, you can't expect to compete in this league with guys that don't actually want to be on your team. Another team doesn't just talk you into that without it already being in your head somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

My frist night at Paris Island I remember looking up at the ceiling and saying "I ****ed UP". But I made a committement.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Wrong forum for the 17ing thing.

The 17 code for "F word" is SPS lexicon terminology.

If you're gonna be Elite, don't use terms designated for the vernacular of that other site that we all deserted from due to the obnoxious ole piss trolls.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
    It once was a sps thing, but considering it has penetrated the lexicon of MSU fans over the past 16 years, i say it is good to use anywhere with msu folks.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The problem is that there are a lot of really good football players that don't necessarily have much character. If you have any doubt, just look at the NFL. I agree that Lovett and Jones don't appear to be high character people, and some OM people took full advantage of that. However, that doesn't mean we didn't lose some very talented football players. Rest assured, if you have 85 SEC caliber football players on your roster, there is ALWAYS going to be a portion of those that don't have much character. Football is not a 'gentleman's game'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    The problem is that there are a lot of really good football players that don't necessarily have much character. If you have any doubt, just look at the NFL. I agree that Lovett and Jones don't appear to be high character people, and some OM people took full advantage of that. However, that doesn't mean we didn't lose some very talented football players. Rest assured, if you have 85 SEC caliber football players on your roster, there is ALWAYS going to be a portion of those that don't have much character. Football is not a 'gentleman's game'.
    It's both.

You have to find the balance of making sure your locker room is one of character while adding talent to that without tipping the scale on the culture of good character.

Bad apples will adapt to their environment. So, if you create a culture of high character, you can take on bad Apples and they'll be fine.

That's the crime of Joe. He ruined the culture. Mullen built a good culture and that made some risky character guys have success