Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: All roads lead back to the woods

  1. #1
    Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    600

    All roads lead back to the woods

    Stuff's pretty jacked up most places. (Or that's what they tell me, anyway. I'm still working at home with my three- and six-year-olds, who've settled into the new normal of lazing around in their underwear most of the morning till my head explodes, at which point they put on seasonally inappropriate clothes to go exploring the nooks and crannies of the back 40.) But, at least from where I sit, the virus hasn't changed the forest a damn bit. And what others call "social distancing" I call "a hell of way to spend a few hours." So I say hit the trails if you can, y'all. Weather's still good, the water's still flowing, and the spring wildflowers are having their last hurrah.




















  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    101,244
    vCash
    1300
    Great pictures. Thanks for sending.

  3. #3
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,038
    vCash
    600
    Very Nice!

  4. #4
    Senior Member SpeckleDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Coast
    Posts
    1,079
    vCash
    600
    Awesome pics as usual. Really enjoy these. Also, I feel you on the young kids at home lately (6yo & 1yo here).

  5. #5
    Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    600
    Thanks, guys. My smartphone's camera makes me look like I know what I'm doing, and that's fine by me.

    I was actually really stoked to see a box turtle. Seems like I used to see them all the time when I was a kid but I rarely run into them these days. This one was just standing in the middle of the trail and didn't give a crap that I was all up in its junk with my phone.

    Also, I see that I somehow accidentally double posted this thread under a different name ("Spring"). My bad. Anyone who as the ability to delete that, please feel free to do so.

  6. #6
    Senior Member FISHDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,654
    vCash
    1146092
    nice pics ... I was headed there (Tellico and Citico rivers) last week for a week of wilderness camping and trout fishing but my mother-in-law passed .... can't wait to reschedule and these pics just lit a fire under me

    a few from our property ... nice water for a flyrod .... sorry but I have no freaking clue how to post pics properly
    side of house.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 06-01-2020 at 02:53 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    nice pics ... I was headed there (Tellico and Citico rivers) last week for a week of wilderness camping and trout fishing but my mother-in-law passed .... can't wait to reschedule and these pics just lit a fire under me

    a few from our property ... nice water for a flyrod .... sorry but I have no freaking clue how to post pics properly
    side of house.jpg
    Dude, that place looks awesome. The Tellico is gorgeous. Good on you and yours for investing in a little slice of heaven. Is that on Citico or Tellico?

    And I'm sorry about y'all's loss. I hope getting out in the streams and foothills helps. It sure did me when my mom died.

    Oh, and re: posting pics -- I sucked too till someone on here turned me on to postimage.org. I've found others that do the same thing. Now, I'm sure by letting that site host my pics, I've agreed in the fine print that they have the right to all my photos in perpetuity and will come collect my firstborn son when he turns 16. But whatever. Got to post pictures of turtles and waterfalls and crap, right?
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 06-02-2020 at 08:33 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    600
    Went on another short hike today and revisited a local landmark that I haven't seen in over a decade. You just sort of hike along in a nice forest, cross a few creeks, pass a solid off-trail waterfall (which I of course found and reveled in), and then, bam! Mushroom Rock:





    Such a weird, cool place. In the past, I'd hiked there from a trailhead at least 5 miles away. Why it took me four years of living in our new house to realize that it's only 1 mile from a park behind the local high school is beyond me. And hell, another half mile would've taken me to a great swinging bridge over a big creek. Whatever. I'm adding it to the rotation, that's for damn sure.

    Oh, and here's a cool seasonal stream that the trail ran into lined with some freaking massive cinnamon ferns, and then the off-trail waterfall I found:




  9. #9
    Senior Member FISHDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,654
    vCash
    1146092
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Dude, that place looks awesome. The Tellico is gorgeous. Good on you and yours for investing in a little slice of heaven. Is that on Citico or Tellico?

    And I'm sorry about y'all's loss. I hope getting out in the streams and foothills helps. It sure did me when my mom died.

    Oh, and re: posting pics -- I sucked too till someone on here turned me on to postimage.org. I've found others that do the same thing. Now, I'm sure by letting that site host my pics, I've agreed in the fine print that they have the right to all my photos in perpetuity and will come collect my firstborn son when he turns 16. But whatever. Got to post pictures of turtles and waterfalls and crap, right?
    No - the pics are on our property in Cookeville, Tn ... this is the stream that feed the waterfall across the road for Cummins Falls State park ....... I do have several pics from Tellico and Citico but that's where we were headed before the family emergency. We're still going but later on in the summer - I'll post some pics of some fat trout when we go
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

  10. #10
    Senior Member FISHDAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,654
    vCash
    1146092
    awesome ... who needs an art gallery when you can go see and be a part of something like this
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    No - the pics are on our property in Cookeville, Tn ... this is the stream that feed the waterfall across the road for Cummins Falls State park ....... I do have several pics from Tellico and Citico but that's where we were headed before the family emergency. We're still going but later on in the summer - I'll post some pics of some fat trout when we go
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I remember you talking about y'all's property up there before. That's no less bad ass. Definitely post some Tellico/Citico pics after your trip.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.