Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Starkville Shipley?s

vCash
    Everybody has different taste as you would expect. OK, so what makes a "good" donut in your mind? Please eloborate

vCash
    You all suck... I haven't eaten a donut in 5 years. I think I gained two pounds just reading this thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DDawg View Post
    Is it the worst donut shop of all time? In my opinion without a doubt yes. Shipleys as a franchise are some of the finest donuts around but I don?t think I?ve gotten anything that was even remotely lukewarm from the one in Starkville in the past 7 years I?ve been here. Anybody else have a similar experience?
    Have you tried putting them in the microwave for 10 seconds? Not sure I can tell the difference between one warm out o fhte oven and one I popped in the microwave for 10 seconds (except 10 seconds might leave it nuclear hot depending on microwave).

Granted, I guess that might not work for the filled donuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Didn't realize you were the "taste standard"....geezus You do realize that people have different tastes don't you? People like different stuff and it doesn't make it wrong that it's different.
    I'm sorry, intellectually, I understand that that's probably true, but emotionally, I think of somebody arguing that Krispy Kreme is not only good, but better than shipleys, the same way as I think of people arguing that rioting, looting, and arson is a legitimate response to police violence. Emotionally, I just can't get past how absurd their position seems on its face; I can't even give their opinions a fair hearing and instead just wonder whether we can successfully coexist in civil society.

vCash
    Damn, I would kill for a Shipley's Donut to pop up on my desk right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Damn, I would kill for a Shipley's Donut to pop up on my desk right now.
    Might as well make it a dozen. One will just piss you off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'm sorry, intellectually, I understand that that's probably true, but emotionally, I think of somebody arguing that Krispy Kreme is not only good, but better than shipleys, the same way as I think of people arguing that rioting, looting, and arson is a legitimate response to police violence. Emotionally, I just can't get past how absurd their position seems on its face; I can't even give their opinions a fair hearing and instead just wonder whether we can successfully coexist in civil society.
    Don't tell me the next riot will be over donuts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Don't tell me the next riot will be over donuts!
    Lets go ahead and put everything out on the table...

The best steak is found at Applebee's (cooked well-done, with ketchup)!
    The best burger is McDonald's (extra dehydrated onions)!
    Olive Garden is the best Italian food (nothing in Italy comes close)!
    And the best beer is Michelob Ultra (Bud Light Lime, a close second)!

And why not make it the perfect evening by watching a Michael Bay movie, listen to some Nickleback, and finish the night off with some Guy Fieri re-runs.***

vCash
    I like Shipley donuts here in Meridian. But there are better one's in town. I'm with c34 on Krispie Cream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lets go ahead and put everything out on the table...

The best steak is found at Applebee's (cooked well-done, with ketchup)!
    The best burger is McDonald's (extra dehydrated onions)!
    Olive Garden is the best Italian food (nothing in Italy comes close)!
    And the best beer is Michelob Ultra (Bud Light Lime, a close second)!

And why not make it the perfect evening by watching a Michael Bay movie, listen to some Nickleback, and finish the night off with some Guy Fieri re-runs.***

I assume that all sounds perfectly reasonable to the people that think Krispy Kreme donuts are the best.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 06-02-2020 at 08:43 AM.

vCash
    I assume everybody that all sounds perfectly reasonable to the people that think Krispy Kreme donuts are the best.
    Bro's everywhere, all wearing flat bill hats and Affliction shirts, just nodded their heads in agreement.**

vCash
    You mean Dunkin Donuts is not the best? They are police approved (When I was a kid, cops used to flock to Dunkin Donuts, it was their second headquarters!)!

vCash
    You mean Dunkin Donuts is not the best? They are police approved (When I was a kid, cops used to flock to Dunkin Donuts, it was their second headquarters!)!
    Dunkin is a religion up here, lol. They have a couple decent donuts, and their coffee is good, but they don't hold a candle to Shipley's or the like; hell, even Krispy is far superior. Donuts up here just don't have the chew, while still being soft pillows, that they do in the south.

I really do like DD's coffee though (and they make decent breakfast sandwiches). Extra large cup of the black stuff for 2 bucks I think, which is rather convenient as they have a drive thru every quarter mile it seems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Dunkin is a religion up here, lol. They have a couple decent donuts, and their coffee is good, but they don't hold a candle to Shipley's or the like; hell, even Krispy is far superior. Donuts up here just don't have the chew, while still being soft pillows, that they do in the south.

I really do like DD's coffee though (and they make decent breakfast sandwiches). Extra large cup of the black stuff for 2 bucks I think, which is rather convenient as they have a drive thru every quarter mile it seems.
    I can at least fathom people liking Dunking Donuts. I don't like them, but they seem like a completely different product from the donuts we have in the south, or at least their "cakey" donuts do, so I can see how people that grow up on it think that's the way donuts should be and that our donuts are weird. No quarter for people that think Krispy Creme is good though.

vCash
    I can at least fathom people liking Dunking Donuts. I don't like them, but they seem like a completely different product from the donuts we have in the south, or at least their "cakey" donuts do, so I can see how people that grow up on it think that's the way donuts should be and that our donuts are weird. No quarter for people that think Krispy Creme is good though.

That's pretty harsh. I don't wish anything ill on you. I just consider you have not been educated in the finer points of what constitutes a proper donut.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    That's pretty harsh. I don't wish anything ill on you. I just consider you have not been educated in the finer points of what constitutes a proper donut.
    LOL ... and what constitutes a proper donut?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msualohadog View Post
    You all suck... I haven't eaten a donut in 5 years. I think I gained two pounds just reading this thread!
    I used to work at Community Coffee. Our plant was across from a bakery.

We'd be roasting coffee and they'd be making donuts.

You could gain weight just breathing.

vCash
    LOL ... and what constitutes a proper donut?
    Krispy Kreme, of course....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Krispy Kreme, of course....
    I need educating about donuts (I have not eaten one in about 10 years - doctors doing not mine), what is it about Krispy Kreme that makes it better than other vendors - Dunkin for example?

vCash
    I need educating about donuts (I have not eaten one in about 10 years - doctors doing not mine), what is it about Krispy Kreme that makes it better than other vendors - Dunkin for example?
    For me it is just when they are hot...they are like pillows of dough and sugar. Although I must admit, I think they must put some sort of drug in the mix.