Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Starkville Shipley?s

vCash

OT: Starkville Shipley?s

Is it the worst donut shop of all time? In my opinion without a doubt yes. Shipleys as a franchise are some of the finest donuts around but I don?t think I?ve gotten anything that was even remotely lukewarm from the one in Starkville in the past 7 years I?ve been here. Anybody else have a similar experience?

vCash
    Yep. I went there when I first got to campus in 2011 as a student, never went back. Place is a dump. The one in Meridian now is far superior.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I remember when there was a Shipleys in Gulfport back in the 70's. Best donuts around back then.

vCash
    To be fair, lukewarm Shipley’s donuts beat the hell out of most others.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I like it. You have to get there early to get them fresh, but i haven't had a bad doughnut from there. Some haven't been fantastic, but none just straight terrible.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Nothing beats Krispy Kreme....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DDawg View Post
    Is it the worst donut shop of all time? In my opinion without a doubt yes. Shipleys as a franchise are some of the finest donuts around but I don?t think I?ve gotten anything that was even remotely lukewarm from the one in Starkville in the past 7 years I?ve been here. Anybody else have a similar experience?
    7 years....and you keep going back?

Must be something good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    This is the correct answer
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    To be fair, lukewarm Shipley’s donuts beat the hell out of most others.
    This!

Also, visit somewhere outside of MS and bitch about donuts why don't you....I'd trade quite a lot for the luxury of having access to Shipley's up here in Mass. Nothing but cake donuts up here, and they're absolute ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    17 Krispy Kreme.

vCash
    A Shipley's recently opened around the corner from my apartment and my wallet has hated me ever since. And Shipley's beats Krispy Kreme and it's not even close. In fact, Shipley's beats everywhere else.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    This is the correct answer
    Disagree.
    You must have never been to a Duck Donuts

vCash
    The original one in Columbus (1960s) was a must stop with my date...later my wife....before taking her back to her dorm. In the 80s the one in Greenville was just as good. Later, got to patronize the one in Horn Lake. Never been disappointed in Shipleys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    To be fair, lukewarm Shipley?s donuts beat the hell out of most others.
    I agree with this. Like I said in my original, Shipleys are hard to beat. The problem is that everytime I have given them I try I am talking like cooked hours ago cold donuts. Every other one I have been to is A++++, Starkvilles is awful though imo.

vCash
    Shipley's is by far the bets donut. I'd take a 2pm leftover Shipley's donut over a Krispey Kreme straight out the oven.

Krispey Creme is equal to the McDonald's entry into a best Hamburger contest. It's a literal joke.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Shipley's is by far the bets donut. I'd take a 2pm leftover Shipley's donut over a Krispey Kreme straight out the oven.

Krispey Creme is equal to the McDonald's entry into a best Hamburger contest. It's a literal joke.
    You definitely have a lot of experience when it comes to McDonald's.

vCash
    I grew up on the two Greenville Shipley's, so I was happy to still have it when I came to college. The only comparable donut I've had in MS is Tatonut in OS. They're good, but I'm not as nostalgic on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I remember when there was a Shipleys in Gulfport back in the 70's. Best donuts around back then.
    This is correct, the one in Biloxi was also the best. Krispy Cream started out great but has gone downhill for a while now.

vCash
    Im glad everybody in here can agree for the most part that Shipleys are the king of donuts. HOWEVER, it is a shame that Starkville is home to literally the worst one in America. Also, I've been seeing some post about the Greenville Shipley's and as someone who spent a few years working in the city. They might not have much, but that is the golden standard for a donut I dont care where you go in the world. Rumor has it that its the delta water that adds to them but who the hell knows.

vCash
    Shipley here in Oxford SUCKS ASS.

The locally owned community donut shop here blows them away.