Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Cohen's Batting Stance

vCash

John Cohen's Batting Stance

Just saw this online & was appalled.

Jiminy Christmas, what is he doing up there?

I've never actually seen him hit & I don't believe I've ever seen someone attempt to hit like this before.

[tweet2]1266172310182125569[/tweet2]
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-29-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Short and quick to the ball
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    It may look funny, but apparently he knew what he was doing.

Cohen Playing Bio
    Mississippi State (1987-90)
    First-team All-SEC outfield selection as a senior ... Played on four NCAA regional teams, one CWS team (1990) and three teams that won at least a share of the SEC championship. ... 1990 team was co-champs of the SEC Tournament ... Played during most successful four-year period in school history (187 wins from 1987-90) ... Ranks among Mississippi State all-time leaders in several categories; 71 games played in 1990 is a school record ... Finished his career ranked third on all-time at-bat list (785) ... 285 at-bats in 1990 was second-best single-season total in MSU history...Finished his career ranked seventh in runs scored (180) ... Finished his career ranked sixth in hits (248) ... His 95 hits in 1990 was ninth-best single seas on total in MSU history ... Finished his career ranked third in career doubles (53) ... Finished his career ranked sixth in career total bases (390) ... Ranked 10th on all-time RBI list (168) ...

vCash
    A little Will Clark with a dash of Justin Turner and some black magic.

vCash
    Can?t talk funny MSU batting stances without Jarrod Parks

vCash
    Starting stance is pretty irrelevant for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    My Dad who was a huge baseball "wanna be Baseball Coach" use to preach, see it hit it!

I see many weird stances, but that's baseball. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    A little Will Clark with a dash of Justin Turner and some black magic.
    Black Magic, the Holy Grail of 1980s high school baseball. If you could convince your parents to fork over the money, or spend all summer cutting grass or bagging groceries to get $130 to buy that beauty, you were the man.
    Some swore by the Easton green. But, the feeling of that leather wrap grip with a little pine tar made you believe YOU could be Will Clark.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Gun has obviously never seen film of Rod Carew, Jose Cruz, or early George Brett when he was all hunched over.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Gun has obviously never seen film of Rod Carew, Jose Cruz, or early George Brett when he was all hunched over.
    I think Gun has no love for Cohen.

vCash
    Yeah, never seen them*

Cohen takes "awkward" to another level here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think Gun has no love for Cohen.
    Gun really likes Cohen. I have absolutely nothing against the guy & believe he's overall done a good job.

However, I knit pick all things MSU athletics & since he's the athletic director, I'm going to knit pick him.

Has nothing to do with what I think about Cohen. Jesus could be the MSU athletic director or head coach, & I'll rip him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Just saw this online & was appalled.

Jiminy Christmas, what is he doing up there?

I've never actually seen him hit & I don't believe I've ever seen someone attempt to hit like this before.

[tweet2]1266172310182125569[/tweet2]
    Clearly he's overthinking his stance.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Clearly he's overthinking his stance.**
    Does double sarcastics mean "kidding, not kidding"?

vCash
    Gotta have good hands and timing to hit like that. But he got them to a more normal position after the load. In his mind prolly helped him stay short to the ball

vCash
    Does double sarcastics mean "kidding, not kidding"?
    One asterick = no text after title
    two sarcastericks = sarcasm/tongue in cheek
    three sarcastericks = snarky
    four sarcastericks = like a double negative so no sarcasm
    five sarcastericks = wanted to call the OP's mother a whore but couldn't come up with a clever way to do it.*****

vCash
    I went to the MSU baseball camps as a kid/teen. Those were excellent camps and a lot of baseball knowledge was imparted on the campers. I'll always remember the individual instruction on my batting stance, swing and wind up and delivery. They made my stance and swing simple but fundamentally sound. They took out all the wasted motion in my windup and had me as energy efficient as possible. (Fernando Valenzuela to Glavin) Which really helped me locate the ball later.

Anyway....point being.... when I see Msu players with unorthodox stances and windups... I scratch my head. But... those guys are talented enough to make to the sec. also I learned first hand how intelligent those coaches and players were at MSU. Btw, Cohen was there as a player/mentor when I went through for one of the years.

vCash
    Black Magic, the Holy Grail of 1980s high school baseball. If you could convince your parents to fork over the money, or spend all summer cutting grass or bagging groceries to get $130 to buy that beauty, you were the man.
    Some swore by the Easton green. But, the feeling of that leather wrap grip with a little pine tar made you believe YOU could be Will Clark.
    My first bat was the green Easton. Loved it. Then played on a team
    With a black magic in the bag. I switched and swung that bat through high school. The Easton "ultra light" came out (lighter than the green and black magic) but I stuck with the heavy weight black magic.

vCash
    Yeah, never seen them*

Cohen takes "awkward" to another level here
    Maybe I'm just too used to awkward stances.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Can?t talk funny MSU batting stances without Jarrod Parks
    Or Travis Chapman