Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
I agree - we aren't Po Mittittippi Tate but we also ain't Bama. For a visual analogy, Bama's on the mountain top. 30 years ago we were down in the valley. Now, we're probably 1/3rd of the way to the mountain top but the guys who pay attention to the Bamas of the world don't keep up. They think we're still in the valley. Keep winning, keep going to bowls, keep beating teams you should beat and eventually you'll start to get that recognition (and we are).

We still have a ways to go to be on the mountain top, but we're getting there. The fact the JoMo was let go after 2 seasons of making bowls tells me that our donors and AD aren't putting up with stuff like they used to.

I don't have a problem with your passion, but I do think you need to take a step back and see where we are in relation to where we were. Always strive for improvement but you have to understand you don't go from nothing to championships overnight. You have build it the right way, and it's a long-term plan and process. Shortcuts are for UM, not us. And they never work out in the end.
Great post.

It's not that I don't recognize where we are, it's that I believe we have a good portion of fans that think like someone in the Valley rather than seeing what we could be.