Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brandon Walker has a Great Take on the Jones Situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It’s about status. As BW said, Ole Miss sells BS and, while Madison has more MSU than OM people, the OM people are flashy around there. They put off the rich school vibe.

Ignorant kids buy into it
    Trust me I know Madison VERY well. MSU fans in Madison could pay MC players every bit as much as Ole Miss fans could. There is no MSU equivalent of XenaReb there though. We don't have anyone even trying.

Honestly, though- if there was someone the MSU equivalent of XenaReb in Madison it would result in an all out recruiting Civil War that would be incredibly ugly.

vCash
    Brandon's stat

Ole Miss has had 62 4 & 5 stars the last 10 years & has 23 drafts picks. LOL.

Worst developmental program in America
    Watching the replay of LsU Texas game, they said Texas last 1st round draft pick was Vince Young. That was 2006. That is 13 years. Did they have one this year? That is really unbelievable.

vCash
    That's a fair point that I'm not sure anyone has an answer to.

Jones hasn't been announced yet by Ole Miss & I'm sure there is a reason for that. Draw your own conclusions
    I have no idea if something will come out that will preclude him from going to OM or not. Also not sure how hard our administration and coaches will even pursue the matter. But I do know that if anyone believes JJ spent the entire weekend in Oxford BEFORE he entered the transfer portal and there was no illegal contact or tampering then I guess you will believe just about anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I have no idea if something will come out that will preclude him from going to OM or not. Also not sure how hard our administration and coaches will even pursue the matter. But I do know that if anyone believes JJ spent the entire weekend in Oxford BEFORE he entered the transfer portal and there was no illegal contact or tampering then I guess you will believe just about anything.
    Agree.

I think we'll pursue it to the fullest extent because of the broader ramifications & protecting the program.

Even if we don't succeed, a line needs to be drawn
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Agree.

I think we'll pursue it to the fullest extent because of the broader ramifications & protecting the program.

Even if we don't succeed, a line needs to be drawn
    I think we'll just deny his waiver to play immediately. Which is probably all we can do at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Watching the replay of LsU Texas game, they said Texas last 1st round draft pick was Vince Young. That was 2006. That is 13 years. Did they have one this year? That is really unbelievable.
    That?s not the least bit true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we'll just deny his waiver to play immediately. Which is probably all we can do at this point.
    I'm sure we can investigate & hand over findings

vCash
    2015 - Malcolm Brown
    2013 - Kenny Vaccaro
    2010 - Earl Thomas
    2009 - Brian Orakpo
    2007 - Aaron Ross
    2007 - Michael Griffin
    2006 - Michael Huff

So Vince Young is the last offensive 1st round pick that Texas has had. All these guys are defensive players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    That?s not the least bit true
    2015 was the last year. ESPN announcers are always getting things wrong. Still four years. I think there was a bunch of Guys from State of Texas that was drafted in first round. How did Texas miss out on them. Heck did A&M have a first rounder this season or last season?

vCash
    2015 - Malcolm Brown
    2013 - Kenny Vaccaro
    2010 - Earl Thomas
    2009 - Brian Orakpo
    2007 - Aaron Ross
    2007 - Michael Griffin
    2006 - Michael Huff

So Vince Young is the last offensive 1st round pick that Texas has had. All these guys are defensive players
    Maybe the guy who said it left out the offensive part, I know during the Egg Bowl they said couple of times Ealy was from Jackson Prep out of Hattiesburg.

vCash
    2015 was the last year. ESPN announcers are always getting things wrong. Still four years. I think there was a bunch of Guys from State of Texas that was drafted in first round. How did Texas miss out on them. Heck did A&M have a first rounder this season or last season?
    Here is all you need to know about the University of Texas' evaluation ability

Pat Maholmes - Tyler
    Drew Brees - Austin Westlake HS
    Andy Dalton - Houston
    Chase Daniel - Irving
    Nick Foles - Austin Westlake HS
    RG3 - Copperas Cove/Ft Hood
    Case Keenum - Abilene
    Andrew Luck - Houston
    Baker Mayfield - Lake Travis HS (Austin)
    Kyler Murray - North Dallas
    Matt Stafford - Dallas
    Jarrett Stidham - Stephenville
    Ryan Tannehill - Big Spring

Dak Prescott - 15 miles from Texas boarder

That's 13 NFL QBs from Texas & none of them played at the University of Texas.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-28-2020 at 08:23 AM.

vCash
    Recruiting Texas high Schools is Different. Texas High School coaches believe that a commitment goes both ways. Which is good and bad. Texas, and A&M have had trouble in the past with committing " cannot miss" prospects early, that stopped developing.

If you remember several years ago, Mullen dropped a Texas QB, and his head coach threw a fit. https://thespun.com/sec/mississippi-...et-to-graduate

Reactions like that from coaches really hurt.

Not to mention all the Big money donor coaches

vCash
    Trust me I know Madison VERY well. MSU fans in Madison could pay MC players every bit as much as Ole Miss fans could. There is no MSU equivalent of XenaReb there though. We don't have anyone even trying.

Honestly, though- if there was someone the MSU equivalent of XenaReb in Madison it would result in an all out recruiting Civil War that would be incredibly ugly.
    Youre exactly right. Also, i would add there are alot of XenaRebs out there that we don't know about. I've never met that type person in the MSU camp. I am NOT taking a shot at MSU with that statement.....I think its creepy to stalk and buy kids you don't know...even ones you do know.....but anyway.....and thats why we lose recruiting battles to them from the WEst Point brothers in the 80s to Doug $20 Buckles to this fiasco.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 05-28-2020 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Recruiting Texas high Schools is Different. Texas High School coaches believe that a commitment goes both ways. Which is good and bad. Texas, and A&M have had trouble in the past with committing " cannot miss" prospects early, that stopped developing.

If you remember several years ago, Mullen dropped a Texas QB, and his head coach threw a fit. https://thespun.com/sec/mississippi-...et-to-graduate

Reactions like that from coaches really hurt.

Not to mention all the Big money donor coaches
    I guess Texans do really think they are better than everyone else. All that sounds crazy especially when you factor in how bad they want to win and no Texas school has won a NC since 2006 and none have not been in the playoffs. Sounds like they have a case of stubborness and too much pride.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 05-28-2020 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    I guess Texans do really think they are better than everyone else. All that sounds crazy especially when you factor in how bad they want to win and no Texas school has won a NC since 2006 and none have not been in the playoffs. Sounds like they have a case of stubborness and too much pride.
    Coupled with the fraud that is recruiting rankings... easy to find the Jedavian Clowneys in High School. Hard to find the JJ Watts. UTexas was getting commitments in 10th grade... and Keeping them.

Then add on the guys worth billions "consulting" the coaches on who to recruit and who to play. Imagine the Chaos on the MSU sideline if all us assholes were standing screaming at the head coach in the game. and the coach knowing we could gather our pocket change for his buyout at halftime. That's reality at Utexas and A&M. Utexas has 2,195 alumni worth over $30 million each, combined wealth $463 billion.

vCash
    Sidenote but after the 98 Cotton Bowl I've never hated a fan base (other than Ole Miss) more than Texas. I hope they fail in every endeavor they find themselves in from academics to athletics.

vCash
    I'm not sure we have a say in the waiver. I think all we can do is present evidence of tampering that would have the NCAA disallow the transfer to OM. Whatever school he is allowed to transfer to would be the one that would petition the waiver for not sitting out a year and the NCAA would decide based on the merits.