Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun's Guess at Which SEC Coaches Get Fired After 2020

vCash
    [QUOTE=
    Pruitt has to really screw the pooch to get canned. That program will have to completely implode on him. I think he's actually turning it around.
    [/QUOTE]TrapGame;1251993]

I know it seems that way due to their recruiting & kind of how they finished the season, but, if anyone watched them last year, there is no way you could've thought that Tennessee looked like a good, well coached football teams. No way.

I just think there is a real chance that they aren't near as good as people think.

Looking at their schedule, I think there is a real chance they're 4-6 following the UGA game.

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    TrapGame;1251993]

I know it seems that way due to their recruiting & kind of how they finished the season, but, if anyone watched them last year, there is no way you could've thought that Tennessee looked like a good, well coached football teams. No way.

I just think there is a real chance that they aren't near as good as people think.

Looking at their schedule, I think there is a real chance they're 4-6 following the UGA game.

They gonna smoke FL and Bama **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    They gonna smoke FL and Bama **
    Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, & UGA are for sure losses.

Mizzou, South Carolina, & Kentucky are toss ups.

vCash
    Florida, Alabama, Oklahoma, & UGA are for sure losses.

Mizzou, South Carolina, & Kentucky are toss ups.
    6-6 and they're still keeping Pruitt. They scraped the bottom of the barrel to get him to begin with. Phat Phil is running the show. I think Pruitt might be a place holder for a bigger name two or three years from now after some top 10 recruiting classes.

vCash
    1. Derek Mason - They suck. The new Vandy AD may save him, but he's a dead man walking. Sucks that they are OM's permanent opponent.

2. Will Muschamp - He's a bad head coach & now with Mack Brown in the neighborhood, he gone.

3. Jeremy Pruitt - The recruiting success will come with expectations. Tennessee better show some real improvement this Fall or the boosters won't believe in Pruitt.

4. Gus Malzahn - He's always on the hot seat. With Auburn losing a good portion of it's OL & DL, this could be the year.

5. Lane Kiffin/Mike Leach - Either is completely capable of doing something stupid & getting fired.

7-14 - Aren't getting fired no matter what. Would love to see Stoops take over for Pruitt at Tennessee. Would be an awesome hire.
    Muschamp #1 and Mason next. If Aub tanks Gus could be in trouble.

Less than expected seasons and a few coaches seat will get warm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Muschamp #1 and Mason next. If Aub tanks Gus could be in trouble.

Less than expected seasons and a few coaches seat will get warm.
    They'll beat Mizzou and Kaintuck at home IF Pruitt is a real head coach. If not, he'll be on the chopping block next year.

vCash
    Pruitt going 6-6 would cause uproar since they went 7-5 last year. I think Tenn goes 8-4 though. Pruitt is a decent coach and good recruiter. By year 4 he will need to at least beat UF, UGA or Bama once though or people will get restless. Gus only has a job because he?s the only coach that beats Saban a good bit. This is Jimbos year to prove there is improvement. Mason and Muschamp will be fired. Drinkwitz at Missouri is very intriguing to me. I fear he might?ve been a homerun for them which could shake things up including making our game difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Pruitt going 6-6 would cause uproar since they went 7-5 last year. I think Tenn goes 8-4 though.
    So Tennessee plays Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, & Florida

Those are 4 sure losses. You think they win every other game to go 8-4? I'll pass.

vCash
    Tennessee last year was one of the weirdest teams I can recall. I never thought they were that great, but if they don?t screw around and lose to Georgia State and BYU then they are a 9 or 10 win team. And they did have a respectable showing at Bama.

I don?t think they are challenging for the East or anything but they should win 7 or 8 again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Tennessee last year was one of the weirdest teams I can recall. I never thought they were that great, but if they don?t screw around and lose to Georgia State and BYU then they are a 9 or 10 win team. And they did have a respectable showing at Bama.

I don?t think they are challenging for the East or anything but they should win 7 or 8 again.
    I could see 7, but I don't see 8 at all.

vCash
    TrapGame;1251993]

They'll win 8 games with that schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    They'll win 8 games with that schedule.
    They've got 4 sure losses (Bama, Florida, Oklahoma, Georgia)

So you're saying they go undefeated against everyone else?

vCash
    I don?t really see anyone else having a shot at beating them except maybe kentucky but that?s at home. They really shouldn?t lose to the other 7 unless they mess up or Drinkwitz really accelerates Missouri. Arkansas and South Carolina are road games but they will both be bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I don?t really see anyone else having a shot at beating them except maybe kentucky but that?s at home. They really shouldn?t lose to the other 7 unless they mess up or Drinkwitz really accelerates Missouri. Arkansas and South Carolina are road games but they will both be bad
    I think @ South Carolina could be a problem.

Tennessee's problem is that the offense will just be OK, so there will be come close games vs South Carolina, Mizzou, & Kentucky.

South Carolina pulls one a year. As bad as Muschamp is, the guy beats someone every year he shouldn't

vCash
    They're going to beat Florida. Dan on the road in a big game=recipe for disaster.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    They're going to beat Florida. Dan on the road in a big game=recipe for disaster.
    The score was 34-3 last year.

I just don't think Tennessee will be good enough offensively to win that game. I could see Tennessee muddying it up & losing 24-17 or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    He did OK when he came to Starkville two years ago...

Florida has won 10 and 11 games the last two years and they?re expected to be as good or better this year. Don?t see the Vols beating them.

vCash
    I'll actually go the opposite way on firings, with the uncertainty around the season, no spring practices, kids arriving late, etc. I could see a lot of coaches who in a regular year would get canned be able to keep their jobs. Mason is one of those guys. I think Boom is probably gone either way unless he pulls a major upset like last year.

vCash
    Muschamp will go. Then that mercury head from Lafayette will get his chance, unless a more obvious choice becomes available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Muschamp will go. Then that mercury head from Lafayette will get his chance, unless a more obvious choice becomes available.
    I could see Venables going there. Might finally be time to step out of Dabo's shadow and what better place to do it than their rival.